Looking for good deity challenge/ map

@gunnerxtr If someone post interesting map - why not? :)

@Acken O my God, I would never have enough patience to play full time-score game (at least it was on quick)

This: Sub t200 total domination - conquer all cities including city states +spread your self founded religion to every city.

Or this: Sub t200 - domination by capturing all capitals in one turn.

I was thinking this might not be possible or even fun to try but I might give it a go in the future. My thinking was that you have to DOW any CS or Civ that you come into contact with and stay at war with them the whole game. Of course this means you would take out all the CS's and Civs I suppose. I am not sure it is even viable but I think someone out there could accomplish this type of a game. I guess the Huns could get this victory under 200 turns. I haven't seen it but maybe it has already been done.

Sub T125 Deity domination is hard enough as is, surely?

OK so try it with a civ with no advantages to warfare ;)

Any, even if Cromagnus did it, doesn't mean you can't have a stab :p

Or do you only want to do challenges that haven't been done yet?

Sub T100 Deity domination with Brazil :p

tick OCC and proceed to clear the entire map, CSs included. at the end of the game only your city is left on the entire map, standard/pangea.

this is really more in theorycrafting when all that's left to challenge you in SP is new benchmarks. try economic victories. play a game where the goal is to have 5000gpt. or 500,000 gold in reserves. i think economic challenges could be interesting. maybe the fastest turns to 100,000 gold in reserves? i dunno, at this point it feels silly to be this good at a game and still trying SP goals. maybe tommynt finally moved on to other games or hobbies. a lot of top players arent heard from in sp threads anymore.

im sure you could win on the worst dirt but it also feels like agreeing to build the Eiffel Tower with toothpicks, just huge efforts in tedium, imo. im glad yer still playing but some of this feels so monotonous that i dont think i could agree to playing these if i was that good. or maybe step away from 'standard' and start mastering epic/marathon where the timings and math will be adjusted. i dunno, just spouting ideas really.

I agree, Hammer Rabbi. Many moons ago I became one of the best GTA:SA players on earth (nothing to brag about) and from that point, after only a dozen of so hours more, I looked to find another game.

If I could win ANY Deity map with no worries at all, I would probably tire of the game too. But I would probably not be satisfied with a sub T-200 CV on a cooked map. I would try for one on a normal map before I quit.

I used to do stuff with Skyrim like see how many of the levelled guards I could kill, but the satisfaction didn't last long. Someone else took the time to spawn a whole load of elves and kill them and lay their bodies out to spell 'Talos Rules'. Not sure why they didn't look for a new game.

Civ 5 happens to be the most enjoyable game of all, that I've ever played, but it's not without its frustrations.

Seriously IronFighterXXX, it seems clear, after weeks of you asking, that no one has a challenge worthy of your godlike presence. Why don't you just drop it? ;)

Or, you know, suggest hard maps for US to play :)

If I could win ANY Deity map with no worries at all, I would probably tire of the game too. But I would probably not be satisfied with a sub T-200 CV on a cooked map. I would try for one on a normal map before I quit.

The question is what is normal map. This map (GP) is accepted by HOF and I played in HOF rules (no reloads etc), the goal was to prove that peacefull sub 200T culture deity victory in HOF rules is possible and it is done. :)

Seriously IronFighterXXX, it seems clear, after weeks of you asking, that no one has a challenge worthy of your godlike presence. Why don't you just drop it? ;)

Or, you know, suggest hard maps for US to play :)

If you read this thread more carefully you would see it wasn't me who bumped today this thread after two weeks. However in another thread some guy claims that he can roll impossible start for me so we will see ;) (and I will share this map for future DLC if indeed it will be challenging enough)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=542558

I know you didn't bump it IronfighterXXX, but you just don't seem satisfied with any of the suggestions. Sub T100 Domination on Deity not hard enough for you?

I have no comment on the HOF since I have nothing to do with that. But let's face it, the map was perfect. So why not try and reproduce the same thing on a map that isn't absolutely perfect for 4 city tradition? ;)

I had a deity game as Venice on continents map where you don't start on the coast, on a peninsula-ish land about 5-6 tiles wide from coast to coast where you start and 80% jungle. To the North was Shaka and to the South Attila. I re-rolled at least 10 times and no matter what I did I couldn't stop them DoWing on me before t50. Neither would take bribes to attack one another. Didn't have the production to field a military with all the jungle. I went honor once, holding back Attila with a citadel from my GG from warrior code but then Shaka came at me with impies. Tried rushing optics, bought a city-state near Attila and sold it to Shaka hoping they'd covet each other's land but they still wouldn't take a bribe.

Can't post the map because my old laptop overheated and fried itself(too much civ lol) and I didn't realize that save files don't get saved through my steam account. More seasoned deity players might have been able to do something but I sure as hell couldn't.

Did you ever try taking the starting settler up towards either of them and trying to Immortalise them?

Did you ever try taking the starting settler up towards either of them and trying to Immortalise them?

No, I don't understand how that would help? Push me back 10ish turns on production, city growth, culture and science and make them covet my land even more. They'd have time to get a basic infrastructure and wipe out my pop 1 cap before I finished a scout.

No, I don't understand how that would help? Push me back 10ish turns on production, city growth, culture and science and make them covet my land even more. They'd have time to get a basic infrastructure and wipe out my pop 1 cap before I finished a scout.

I think he means something like this...
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=528946&highlight=settler,+weapon

I pulled off this strat in DC#2 I think... (American empire)
And I hardly think 3 warriors can take out a city at t10 or so...

I think he means something like this...
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=528946&highlight=settler,+weapon

I pulled off this strat in DC#2 I think... (American empire)
And I hardly think 3 warriors can take out a city at t10 or so...

I did the same thing on the American map and someone (F.A., I think) referred me to your write-up on the strategy. It was my first attempt at it and it's pretty awesome using that settler radar. I was kicking myself 4 turns into the Poland game, as I found Greece so early it was a good set-up (though it would have been bad terrain compared to the capital I did settle on t2-3).

That's another map I need to go back and finish as I was about at Ideologies when I got distracted.

Dang, I think I have 2 winnable open DCL games and 1 maybe (Netherlands) right now…….I need to finish what I start.

Another suggestion. Turn on save policies setting and win without open a single tree. The no SP deity win!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Join the Dark World with us...join the mp community...:borg:

Try the survival mode!(deity+++) :hammer2:

What about the SS-culture victory on deity? I have not seen it be done above immortal. You will need a very good map for that!

I think I know a way to make SS work. What if you drove your army to the enemy cap and agreed to make peace in exchange for tons of cities?

Top Bottom