Civ4 XML Editor - First Release!

Feature request...

What I'd really love is an ability to change the leader traits (like Industrious and Organized). Any possibility of adding that feature? Great start though and thanks.

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to turn the 'random seed' on/off for tribal villages (goody huts)?

I've got the same error as just about everyone else here. I've changed the config file thingy but thae error keeps on coming back!
By the way, this seems to be a brilliant editor, please make a fix!

Orion66 said:
!!!!!!!!!!!!

The editor doesn;t want to work becose I have diffrent path to game. I edited config file with a proper path but editor is still looking for 'C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods

I think I got the similar problem. I got .NET 2.0 installed.
I can open it, but when i press anything, it always shows me an error (continue or exit). Then I edit the config file and I see it is looking for Firaxis Games\Civilization 5 :confused: ¿?¿??
If I change this config the program crashes

But the program seems to be wonderful.
Which directory is English default?, i will reinstall with its new path. And which version does this editor work with?

Sir espectral said:
I think I got the similar problem. I got .NET 2.0 installed.
I can open it, but when i press anything, it always shows me an error (continue or exit). Then I edit the config file and I see it is looking for Firaxis Games\Civilization 5 :confused: ¿?¿??
If I change this config the program crashes

i've got the same problem! :sad: :suicide:

i change the path to civ 4 and it work! good! BUT, now when i load a mod, i've got this! the first time i load the mod, everything look good, but when i click on the name of a civ, i've got this.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
at System.Double.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Convert.ToDouble(String value)
at Civ4XMLEditor.frmMain.ConvertColorNodeToColor(XmlNode colorNode)
at Civ4XMLEditor.frmMain.cbxCivPrimaryColor_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
at Civ4XMLEditor.frmMain.cbxCivDefaultPlayerColorKey_Selec

i change the path to civ 4 and it work! good! BUT, now when i load a mod, the first time everything look good, but when i click on the name of a civ, or want to change something, i've got this.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
at System.Double.Parse(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Convert.ToDouble(String value)
at Civ4XMLEditor.frmMain.ConvertColorNodeToColor(XmlNode colorNode)
at Civ4XMLEditor.frmMain.cbxCivPrimaryColor_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Civ4XMLEditor.frmMain.cbxCivDefaultPlayerColorKey_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Civ4XMLEditor.frmMain.lbCivilizations_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

This is a bit of a necro, but I was just wondering if you're still working on this program?

I couldnt get it to work, I had all the same errors everyone else had, but I thought that it looked great! Would certainly make making civs much easier...

Yeah, I keep getting those unhandled exception errors too, every time I type anything on, say, the cities screen.

This has alot of potential. I could have used this today when the civ I was making wouldn't work because I screwed up the XML. Keep working on it.

Kareltje said:
buggy as hell on my pc, but i guess that's my pc's fault. For every single character i type, it brings up an exception window. But the program itself looks very promising.

I'm having the same problem.

Edit: Added quote after reading the thread again.

Futzy said:
OK guys, I found and fixed the bug with the directory. I have updated the file attached to the first message.

If you care, it was a classic 3 in the morning bug, I was reading the value out of the config file, but then overwriting it with your OS's Program Files location... :D

My version of Civ IV was a download. The installer put the game data in 2 locations, one in Program Files and on in My Documents. Your app gives error message: "could not find part of directory..."

Win32 Version: 0.1.*
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Civ4%20XML%20Editor/Civ4XMLEditor.exe
----------------------------------------
System.Windows.Forms
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

How to fix this???

Yeah, ummm....i downloaded the version on the first post and it comes up with:
"Could not find a part of the path 'C:\program files\firaxis games\sid meier's civilization 5\mods'.

typo is still there hehe "Civilization 5"

edit: i edited the "Civ4XMLEditor.exe.config" file to point to the right dir myself

Can you make the code creative commons? That way you can still get the credit for the great work you did and others can help you add functionality and bug fix it?

Orion66 said:
!!!!!!!!!!!!

The editor doesn;t want to work becose I have diffrent path to game. I edited config file with a proper path but editor is still looking for 'C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods
Heh, it's look for C:\Program Files\Firaxis\Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Mods\ for me ;o

my civ4 is installed to d:\civ

Top Bottom