News: COTM 18 quick game

Theoden

Deity
GOTM Staff
After a silent period the quick games are back! In this comeback game you assume leadership of the Timurids on their glorious quest.

The Game
The year is 1000 BC.

King Timur has just completed the quick start challenge and is not satisfied. The economy needs some dramatic improvement and his declared goal is to be the primary trader among all the civs in the world. To accomplish this, however, he needs a substantial income...

The Objective
The objective of the game is to achieve a gold surplus of +100 gold/turn as soon as possible (measured at 0% science spending). Taxmen and "wealth" do not count, but gold per turn trades with other civs do. All cities must be in a content state, which means that they cannot be about to riot. The winner is the one who achieves this goal at the earliest date.

Rules:
The rules are the standard rules we use in the COTM competition.

Other info
This quick game requires C3C 1.22 to play

Latest submission date is February 19th
To submit your game go to the gotm submission page and submit it as C3C Quick Game 18, choosing the retirement option as victory condition. Ignore the response with jason score it gives you afterwards. Losses can be submitted too.

Click here to download the starting save.

The Objective
The objective of the game is to achieve a gold surplus of +100 gold/turn as soon as possible (measured at 0% science spending). Taxmen do not count, but gold per turn trades with other civs do. The winner is the one who achieves this goal at the earliest date.
Does this count luxury slider down to 0 as well? Or do you have to use it to gain sufficient happiness so that you do not riot?

Does this count luxury slider down to 0 as well? Or do you have to use it to gain sufficient happiness so that you do not riot?
Your cities have to be happy either thorugh luxury spending or entertainers or something else. No city is allowed to be about to riot. :)

I should probably clarify that in the rules. Too much civ4 has made me think that unhappy citizens can never be put to work... :crazyeye:

By the way, thanks for a new quickgame:goodjob:. Seems like I had an idea for a QG a while back but I cant remember what exactly it was. If I recall I will send it!

Chamnix said:
Can cities be starving?
I actually haven't thought about that, and it's too late to disallow it... so the answer will have to be yes, cities can be starving.

I knew someone would find a shortcut to an earlier victory. ;)
Rik Meleet said:
Did I make this one ?
No, this is taken from my own attempt at COTM 18. I seem to remember that you had made a game though, but I must have lost it... could you resend it if you still have it? :)

Is building wealth at the end okay?
No, I should clarify that in the original post.

You guys are good at spotting the holes in my game setup. ;)
You're (or AlanH) missing an "o" in download for the link.
Picky. :p That would be AlanH. :mischief:

edit: maybe I'm blind but I can't see where it's missing...

Sorry, I've fixed it. I could have sworn I'd tested that link when I added it. I'm getting senile even faster than I thought :old:

No, this is taken from my own attempt at COTM 18. I seem to remember that you had made a game though, but I must have lost it... could you resend it if you still have it? :)
I've just resend the email :)

But the mailbox is full ... :(

tried to submit the save, but it gave some error message :confused:

I don't know about the error message, but I can see that your game has been submitted just fine. :)

Rik Meleet said:
But the mailbox is full ...
I cleaned it up recently so there should be enough space... :hmm: Which email did you send it to?

first post said:
To submit your game go to the gotm submission page and submit it as C3C Quick Game 18, choosing the retirement option as victory condition.
Did you select the drop down menu option to say you retired?

I could summit without problem. :confused:

I think you were claiming to have submitted a GOTM before, but the database has no record of any submissions from you. It looks as if you have submitted OK now, though.

I don't know about the error message, but I can see that your game has been submitted just fine. :)

I cleaned it up recently so there should be enough space... :hmm: Which email did you send it to?
quickgame X gotm.civfanatics.net

quickgame X gotm.civfanatics.net
That's the correct one. But I just realised that all the deleted mails had to be deleted twice to make them disappear completely. So there should be enough space now. :)

Top Bottom