BUFFY & HOF Mod Releases

Have just checked in warlords which appears to work fine otherwise but I have this message as well. I assume its just a bug and not going to be a problem for submissions?

Have just checked in warlords which appears to work fine otherwise but I have this message as well. I assume its just a bug and not going to be a problem for submissions?
Bug or else, it's annoying.
Before someone ask me, i re-downloaded the mods few hours ago and re-installed few minutes before my above post, after delete the previous (only installed, never tested).

:cry: On one hand, I have people that have tried the second Warlords 2.13.003 download saying it works. Now you guys are having issues. Could you post a save and your HOFSetting.txt file? I have attached the correct version of that file. You can replace it without messing up the mod.

Attachments

• HOFSettings.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 92
99% success.

Got home (don't ask what time it is). Downloaded HOF1.74.004. Installed. Launched Vanilla. Launched new game. There was a message "Can not find file .". But there was the interface too. I can play. If I launch a second new game, no message "Can not find file ." appears and I can play. If I close Vanilla, launch Vanilla, launch a new game, the message "Can not find file ." appears, I can play.

So everything is working smoothly for me except I get a bad-looking message when I launch my first game in a session. I attach my new logs just in case.
The logs don't show anything. I can't find a message like that in the code. It could be related with reading the HOF.1.74.004.ini file. (read access problem?)

Or, it could be something related to Map Finder files. You might set the paths and rules file and see if that fixes it.

:cry: On one hand, I have people that have tried the second Warlords 2.13.003 004, you meant? download saying it works. Now you guys are having issues. Could you post a save and your HOFSetting.txt file? I have attached the correct version of that file. You can replace it without messing up the mod.
I downloaded the file you attached and compared to the one the mod installed and with the .003 one.
Unless i'm wrong (not easy), the 3 files are the same, except the modCRC changes between the .003 and .004 versions (obviously).
Anyway, here is the save. With notepad, i can see the modCRC correct in the first row.

It works, but it gives the error i posted.

This is the error message I'm getting. In every other way Warlords seems to work fine
settings wrong.jpg

Here is the settings View attachment HOFSettings.txt
and the save View attachment AutoSave_Initial_BC-4000.CivWarlordsSave
I replaced them with the file you provided earlier so they should be the same, I assume the message is just a mistake?

Just installed the buffy mod and it looks very promising. Many features realy come in handy.

I got a minor problem though, "Press ALT+CTRL+O to customize the bug mod" keeps flickering in my window. I can't find a way to turn that off in the option and it kinda annoys/distracts me big time :D. Any way to get rid of it as i think i can remember ghow to open the menu :D.

Thx

Just installed the buffy mod and it looks very promising. Many features realy come in handy.

I got a minor problem though, "Press ALT+CTRL+O to customize the bug mod" keeps flickering in my window. I can't find a way to turn that off in the option and it kinda annoys/distracts me big time :D. Any way to get rid of it as i think i can remember ghow to open the menu :D.

Thx
try reading the thread, it's not that long
just press the keys search for the check box, uncheck it, et voila

Right, i went trough the list of options 4 times... and now i find it on top of the system tab. Sorry for the stupid question but there are so many options :D.

Ohh and i didn't found it in the thread because i did a search for "customize" and "alt+CTRL+O"... sorry for that...

No worries. It used to be at the bottom of the first tab, but we ran out of space on that tab. I was hoping people would think of it as System/BUG related since it has nothing to do with the game.

I downloaded the file you attached and compared to the one the mod installed and with the .003 one.
Unless i'm wrong (not easy), the 3 files are the same, except the modCRC changes between the .003 and .004 versions (obviously).
Anyway, here is the save. With notepad, i can see the modCRC correct in the first row.

It works, but it gives the error i posted.

This is the error message I'm getting. In every other way Warlords seems to work fine
View attachment 222912

Here is the settings View attachment 222913
and the save View attachment 222914
I replaced them with the file you provided earlier so they should be the same, I assume the message is just a mistake?

You both have the same checksum but they are different from what I have. Are you sure you can run AssetChecker V2.2 and you don't have any errors?

What OS & service pack are you guys on? Have you run windows update recently to check for optional updates?

I have XP pro SP3.
I think i've run Win update some 15 days ago.
Anyway, if 003 works and it's correct, the only problem 004 have is that some check is wrong, since it works.

Since i've kept both, i have tested the 003 right after the error of 004 and it's fine.
If you still think it can be of help, i can download and run the asset checker.

Edit: downloaded AC 2.2 and ran. It's everything OK, as you can see by the attachment.

I'm running vista, its 32 bit and have just updated to SP2.

My asset checker also reports no errors

EDIT: having done the update above I've tried it again and its still giving me the error. the only non- standard thing I have is blue marble and I can't remember if thats in warlords (also I think it shouldn't affect HOF mod)

A new save from todays test: View attachment AutoSave_Initial_BC-4000.CivWarlordsSave

Using Windows 7 and Vanilla Civ 4 I am getting this:

I used the Vista instruction saying to mark files as read only which I did. Folders cannot be made read only in Windows 7 as far as I know.

Assets checker shows no problems.

The files themselves are not Read Only, but the folders are. I'm looking for someone to confirm a fix for Windows 7, because I can't figure out how to change the folders.

I have 64-bit vista sp2. Your save would be invalid as things stand now. Could someone with vista send a warlords 2.13.004 save to check?
I guess it's not an OS problem. Is it possible some minor mistake in the new mod?

BTW, i'd like to ask: is it possible a Buffy for Vanilla and Warlords?
This would be great to play XotM games and for some VC submission to the HoF (SR, Diplo).

BTW, i'd like to ask: is it possible a Buffy for Vanilla and Warlords?
We knew that question was coming. At the moment, there are no plans to push BUFFY back to Warlords or Vanilla.

We knew that question was coming. At the moment, there are no plans to push BUFFY back to Warlords or Vanilla.
Without a Crystal ball? I can't figure how you did :lol:

Pity

Can you maybe give an help on the crazyness of the warlords present mod? (see my posts above)

Top Bottom