Compatibility Issues with Windows Vista??

I had already posted on that thread that you gave me the link for, I have waited several days but have yet to recieve any help, I apprieciate what you are doing mate, it's just I don't have my own internet access and have to go to my locale library which is a 15minute walk away, big deal you say? I am disable with problems with my joints, after doing this trip to library I get home and Im in so much agony I can barely move at all, so Im sure you can understand my frustration

I had already posted on that thread that you gave me the link for, I have waited several days but have yet to recieve any help, I apprieciate what you are doing mate, it's just I don't have my own internet access and have to go to my locale library which is a 15minute walk away, big deal you say? I am disable with problems with my joints, after doing this trip to library I get home and Im in so much agony I can barely move at all, so Im sure you can understand my frustration
I hope you resolve your issue so you can play with your game. It's probably still not your operating system.

I highly doubt it's the operating system. I've been playing Civ IV and Warlords on my Vista PC since February. I haven't had a single issue installing or playing the game so far.

I've tried every tip on this forum. My Vista still says it has compatibility issues. I've downloaded the patch, and installed it. Installed directx9, and changed the compatibility mode on the program itself. It still has issues.. I don't know what to do anymore. I need some help. I just wanna play civ 4..

I'm running a computer with:
Vista Home Premium 32bit
AMD Turion 64 x2 mobile technology TL-56 1.80Ghz
1918 mb RAM
ATI Radeon Express 1200

I hope somebody can help me. =)

I'm confused aswell, I have had the game running fine on Vista before, after installing the patch etc. But this time I am getting the missing file error which I didn't get before. I recently restored my system which is the reason I needed to re-install Civ4.
I have tried installing DX9 but it won't install, I guess because the system already has DX10. So I still get the missing file message.
Anyone help?
The missing file is "D3DX9_32.DLL"
Is there a way of making the computer install DX9?

I found the missing file and downloaded it and all seemed well. Then I got an error saying "Error loading libraries" or something very similar!

I then downloaded DirectX 9 SDK the full program all 450MB of it! And all works fine now.

Top Bottom