THE Civ of the Week Thread!

The flag looks good, and the idea for the mississippian civ is great :goodjob:

Let me guess UB... Mound? ;)

Could replace monument and give a +2 :hammers: in city or something... would then be great in early game :goodjob:

I have no suggestion for UU thought, but I guess the most obivious capital would be Cahokia

I had made a flag for the Mississippians, if you would like to see it and maybe use or adapt it. It might not be what you want though (it doesn't use the alpha thing with the symbol in white and the color in black). But you might still want to look at it. It uses this symbol.

Hmm. Yeah, you're right, I am very much against using stuff that isn't the alpha thingy. I still might be able to use it if I adapt and change it around a bit, so we'll see.

Let me guess UB... Mound? ;)

Could replace monument and give a +2 :hammers: in city or something... would then be great in early game :goodjob:

I have no suggestion for UU thought, but I guess the most obivious capital would be Cahokia

So far, according to my notes, the UU would be the Natchez, a musketman replacement with a flat +33% forest and jungle combat bonus. According to Wikipedia, the Natchez were "the only Missisippan culture with complex chiefdom characteristics to have survived long into the period after the European colonization of America began", meaning that they were the only descendants of the Missisippan culture to actually still stick around their old places and keep them maintained more or less. The Natchez also fought a lot with other tribes and Europeans, so I guess the UU made sense.

Obviously, the UB would be the mound. I didn't want another monument replacement (there's too many of that, and eventually I'd run out of special bonuses to give them! - so I'll save the monument only when I really need it), so I decided to make it a Wall replacement with an increased +25% city defense. Since I've decided for Tuskalousa to be Protective and Aggressive, this makes the Missisippans the ultimate military civ with defensive and offensive capabilities.

And of course the capital is Cahokia.

Sardinia's up! I wanted to test one of SabiotLieh's LHs, and I gotta say, they're great to use. This is also my first time doing veBear's world map screenshot, which I think is a pretty cool idea, so credits to him.

Next are the Mississippans as dictated by my dream, and then I'll take up dacubz's original request for Bohemia.

Download here!​

Looks good! One suggestion though, from pictures ive seen, she has brown hair not black, it would look better that way, and less like Joan of Arc

Thanks!

Personally I don't think it's an issue, because even for Joan of Arc I've seen depictions of her with different hair colors ranging from black to brunette to redhead to blonde. The earlier leaders are, the easier it is to take some liberties - I mean, Firaxis made Alexander some scrawny brown-haired bloke instead of the manly blonde warrior he really was, and Gandhi looks cartoony. So I guess I took a little liberty with Eleanor here - I mean, the armor here is kind of fantasy-like, but it looks cool, so I don't think most people would mind.

Thanks!

Personally I don't think it's an issue, because even for Joan of Arc I've seen depictions of her with different hair colors ranging from black to brunette to redhead to blonde. The earlier leaders are, the easier it is to take some liberties - I mean, Firaxis made Alexander some scrawny brown-haired bloke instead of the manly blonde warrior he really was, and Gandhi looks cartoony. So I guess I took a little liberty with Eleanor here - I mean, the armor here is kind of fantasy-like, but it looks cool, so I don't think most people would mind.

Personally i dont mind, and i didnt mean the actuall Joan of Arc:lol: its just when i see your LH, you can tell extremely easily it use to be a Joan of Arc, and personally i htink the farther away a LH looks from its original the better it is, and i just thought changing her hair color would help to widen that gap

Nice civ :goodjob:

This is also my first time doing veBear's world map screenshot, which I think is a pretty cool idea, so credits to him.
Thanks
Still, I'm quite humbled to have inspired you. I have made my mark on the world.
Me too :)

Edit: I did not use the world map on the Dahomey map though, as their kingdom was so small. I used the Africa map made by firaxis, which in turn was so bad that I decided to make my own ;)

Sardinia's up! I wanted to test one of SabiotLieh's LHs, and I gotta say, they're great to use.
Nice civ
This is also my first time doing veBear's world map screenshot, which I think is a pretty cool idea, so credits to him.
and nice thing to follow :goodjob:

Edit: I did not use the world map on the Dahomey map though, as their kingdom was so small. I used the Africa map made by firaxis, which in turn was so bad that I decided to make my own ;)

Yeah, I can see that. I could barely find a tile for Sardinia. Actually I like to think that Sardinia and Corsica are the same island on the world map. :rolleyes:

Actually I like to think that Sardinia and Corsica are the same island on the world map. :rolleyes:

Yeah I think that too... But then again, it's a world map, so you can't expect every detail to be included :rolleyes:

Still... I'm quite honoured that someone named a picture format after me :)

hmm sub post :p some of these civs could be very useful for my next mod :p

Alright, next up is Mississippi. After this will be dacubz's original request for Bohemia, and I'll also be simultaneously be teaming up with veBear again, this time to work on a Zimbabwe/Shona/something civ.

Anyhow, enjoy.

Alright, next up is Mississippi. After this will be dacubz's original request for Bohemia, and I'll also be simultaneously be teaming up with veBear again, this time to work on a Zimbabwe/Shona/something civ.

Looks cool, gonnna put this in my future mod about native americans.

Anyway if you need ideas, would like to see any of the civs here
Map of greece during Trojan War, after native american mod plan to come out with trojan war mod,
Youll probably find the most infomation on Attica and Achaea, that or any other pre colombian american civs would be great :D

anyway keep the civs up!

@dacubz: Thanks for the map! However, I think I have way too many civ ideas already available at this point. Somehow. :crazyeyes:

@Huayna Capac: Yeah, I couldn't adapt the button you showed me. The one I'm currently using I found on one of the maps of the Mississippi Culture (or something related), where there was a picture of a mask which I thought was simple enough that it could easily be converted into a flag without much hassle. Unfortunately I can't find that picture where I originally took it from...

Nice civ as always ;)

I have a question : when will WOL be updated to include all your new civs?

Of course, WoL won't have all of the Civ of the Weeks, since some of them are too small/unimportant to be featured in WoL. However, as of now, the next version of WoL will tentatively have 10 new civs for the next version (for better or worse there might even be more in later versions), a good number of them being actual Civ of the Weeks already released or those that will be released in the far future; even though I was originally against adding lots of civs to WoL, I couldn't resist the temptation. :( Currently I already have decided on 9 civs, and am trying to figure out what will be the last one.

Another issue is that I'll also have to do all the other stuff too, besides the new civs, such as other new features, fixing up some of the game mechanics from previous versions, and adding in some new components to the way religions work (though it isn't as drastic as it sounds).

Ultimately, I can't say when the next version of WoL will be ready. I might save some of the changes for a later, future version just to save time, but we'll see.

Anyhow, if you have further questions, suggestions, or comments about WoL, especially about these new civs, I'll request that you post them in the main World of Legends... not that it really matters, but the WoL thread has been a little quiet lately. :D

Top Bottom