Units from Empire Earth, Age of Mythology, Civilization: CtP, and CtP2

Napoleon Hitler

Ruler of Europe
I know that many units from AoK have been transferred, but has anyone, or does anyone plan to, transfer many of the units from the games I listed? I have all of those games, and they have pretty cool units, but I have no flicster or anything necessary to convert them into units for Civ3 myself.

I'm here! I'm here! Don't worry! *clears throat*:

Wrong Forum!!!:mad:

P.S. congratulations for combining two of Europe's most brutal dictators in your log-in...

Originally posted by zulu9812

P.S. congratulations for combining two of Europe's most brutal dictators in your log-in...

I say, Stalin Hitler would combine the two most brutal dictators in Europe. I just had to make this clear. :rolleyes:

I have AoM too and I'm trying to figgure out what the compress for the units was, but I couldn't.
Elucdius is looking too cause those units would be great for Civ3, especially the flying purple hippos or the canadian laser bears!:D

Originally posted by computerdude113
I have AoM too and I'm trying to figgure out what the compress for the units was, but I couldn't.
Elucdius is looking too cause those units would be great for Civ3, especially the flying purple hippos or the canadian laser bears!:D

As AOM is fully 3D, I'm afraid the units won't be compatible with CIVIII.

About CTP... I know the format has not been "decrypted" yet. But there may be another way. With a good video capture tool, it should be possible to capture each animation, and then edit it.

Originally posted by Barret
I say, Stalin Hitler would combine the two most brutal dictators in Europe. I just had to make this clear. :rolleyes:

:confused:

I said Napoleon and Hitler are two of Europe's brutal dictators. I didn't say there were definitively Europe's two most brutal dictators, did I? There are a number of people who could be described as Europe's most brutal dictators, including Stalin. That group also includes Napoleon and Hitler.

I just had to make this clear. :rolleyes:

Come on Zulu, Hitler and Stalin are playing in a different league than Napoleon. Napoleon is a saint compared to these two guys. :cool:

Originally posted by Napoleon Hitler
I know that many units from AoK have been transferred, but has anyone, or does anyone plan to, transfer many of the units from the games I listed? I have all of those games, and they have pretty cool units, but I have no flicster or anything necessary to convert them into units for Civ3 myself.

Units from EE and Age of Mythology are 3-D rendered. It would be possible, but you would have to take screenshot of every frame.

With the upcomming Rise of Nations game comming this spring, It looks like that RoN's units are also 3-D rendered.

Originally posted by Barret
Come on Zulu, Hitler and Stalin are playing in a different league than Napoleon. Napoleon is a saint compared to these two guys. :cool:

errm, not quite halo material :o - at that time executing dissidents was a normal thing- war crimes were a term unheard of... and sincerely, Napoleon just did not have the technology and infrastructure to enable him to exceed himself further- but how do you actually measure "brutality" then ???

Good question Winter. Like you said there were "no war crimes" in Napoleon's days and I'm sure that many of the killings which occured those days are undocumented. Anyway in general when people talk about "brutal", "cruel" or "terrible" leaders of the past mostly only Stalin and Hitler are mentioned. That's probably because those events are well documented and happened in recent history.

Rise of Nations is of serious interest for converstion to CivIII (heck he was a protege of Meier's for years, I don't think he'd like that term though) being it has much of the same makeup only in an RTS form it may have many animations worth converting.

Another set of units are the oens present in C&C: Generals. These are also rendered in 3D so they will be equally difficult to convert. But hopefully the old monicure will pull through, if there's a will there's a way.

Actually, I believe its easier to extract 3D animation than 2D if you know how. Of course you need to first extract the 3D frame and then apply the skins. The hard part is to extract the frames as the skins are usually just stored in a folder and need not be extracted. :)

Top Bottom