Megaman-Themed Civilization

Protagonist

Warlord
So I had an idea for a civilization: A Reploid Civilization (I'm thinking I'll call it Light Industries), run by Dr. Thomas Light.

Light would be a friendly civ who seeks a Scientific or Diplomatic Victory. He'd hate warmongering civs, and be protective of city states.

My idea for his ability is that he gets more a science boost for every city state he's allied with. This would reinforce the whole "Using science for the betterment of man" idea. In fact, I'll probably call it "Betterment of Mankind".

His Unique Unit would be the Maverick Hunter, a unique XCOM unit.

His peacetime theme would be the capsule song from MegaMan X, and his war theme would be Megaman 2 Wily Castle.

Does this sound like a good idea for a civilization?

Moderator Action: Moved to appropriate forum.

Alright. I'm working on the dialogue. Anyone know how to do that ability, though? A science boost by allying city states? Maybe it could work like the Scholasticism ability (only you start with it. It'd also be able to stack with the scholasticism policy).

I'm thinking about the Maverick Hunter unit's abilities. I'm thinking it'll be able to paradrop even further (Megaman X can teleport pretty far) and also gain XP faster than normal (Megaman's copy ability). How does that sound?

Oh yes... I knew I'd seen someone working on a Mega Man civ!

David Xanatos and I have started working on a Dr. Wily civilization... I hope there won't be any issues?

Possibly -- reading up on some of the later games, there's definitely some ideas there for more civs. Sigma or Dr. Weil would be really good options for other leaders.

Oh yes... I knew I'd seen someone working on a Mega Man civ!

David Xanatos and I have started working on a Dr. Wily civilization... I hope there won't be any issues?

An issue? Ha! I'd love to see a Dr. Wily Civilization! I think that would be awesome!

Some more details I'm adding:

-He'll have a Unique Wonder called "X-Capsule system" which makes Maverick Hunters (Unique Xcom Squads) built out of that city have the Nova Armor Promotion.

-His "defeated" message is: "Last night, I dreamed I climbed to the top of a mountain of metal, and for miles I could see the destruction of Man."

-City names are:
Mega City (capital)
Gutsman's Stage
Cutman's Stage
Elecman's Stage
Iceman's Stage
Fireman's Stage
Bombman's Stage
Time Man's Stage
Oil Man's stage

-Some of his spies names are:
Joe