MPMPM - Multiplayer Mod DLC-hack (Updated!)

@Serp

This might not add much but here's what I got from the lua.log in an old modpack I made:
Code:
Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK\Mods\(BNW) Leugi's Barbarian Inmersion Enhancements (v 1)\Lua\BarbarianEraScripts.lua:318: attempt to call global 'save' (a nil value)

Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK\Mods\(BNW) Leugi's Barbarian Inmersion Enhancements (v 1)\Lua\BarbarianUnhappiness.lua:26: attempt to call global 'load' (a nil value)

Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK\Mods\(BNW) Leugi's Barbarian Inmersion Enhancements (v 1)\Lua\UI\BarbarianCampPopup.lua:22: attempt to call global 'load' (a nil value)

It's basically what civaddiction got I think, however you might be able to check if there's some "funny business" going on in the code. I know nothing of Lua so I hope this helps.

thanks.
Both, "Improved Upgrades" and "Barbarian Immersion" use the "SaveUtilis.lua". So this could causing problems.

But I just started a game with my v14 modpack in industrial age, played some turns, build some new improvements and fought against some barbarian.
But this save/load errors did not appear... (but two other errors in barbarian script that I will fix in v15).

So I would need information about when these save/load errors appear to reproduce them...

Did you played with my modpack, or do you changed something? Maybe the SaveUtilis.lua was missing?

thanks.
Both, "Improved Upgrades" and "Barbarian Immersion" use the "SaveUtilis.lua". So this could causing problems.

Thanks to your suggestion, I found and fixed the problem. You were right about SaveUtils.lua. Thanks to DonQuiche over in the saveUtils.lua thread, I discovered that the file has a coding error that the standard lua interpreter can live with but causes a stumble if you are using LuaJIT (like I am).

There is an error in the code. The standard lua interpreter can live with it but LuaJIT does stumble on it: on line 511 to 514 of SaveUtils.lua, the "\[" escapes are wrong and must be replaced by "["

So removing the backslash from both \[ and \] to just [ and ] in the SaveUtils.lua (lines 514-517 in my file) fixed the code, allowing these mods to properly load without error. Another thing I noticed was that the Improvement Mod was using an outdated SaveUtils.lua file. I updated it to the one the Barbarian mod was using (it is the most recent) and altered both lua files (so it didn't matter which loaded first when making the modpack).

A note on LuaJIT. It supposedly speeds up turn times if the mods you are using heavily utilizes Lua. See this thread for more info: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=399635

I will include these mods in my next modpack update :)

Thanks to your suggestion, I found and fixed the problem. You were right about SaveUtils.lua. Thanks to DonQuiche over in the saveUtils.lua thread, I discovered that the file has a coding error that the standard lua interpreter can live with but causes a stumble if you are using LuaJIT (like I am).

So removing the backslash from both \[ and \] to just [ and ] in the SaveUtils.lua (lines 514-517 in my file) fixed the code, allowing these mods to properly load without error. Another thing I noticed was that the Improvement Mod was using an outdated SaveUtils.lua file. I updated it to the one the Barbarian mod was using (it is the most recent) and altered both lua files (so it didn't matter which loaded first when making the modpack).

A note on LuaJIT. It supposedly speeds up turn times if the mods you are using heavily utilizes Lua. See this thread for more info: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=399635

I will include these mods in my next modpack update :)

ah okay ;) So this LuaJIT speed up game turns... Is this integrated in community patch (I read it is a dll)... or how did you implement it?
I guess it could happen, that there are other lua codes that are also not compatible to LuaJIT ?

And thanks, I will also remove the older version of SaveUtilis in v15.

@Serp

I played with an old modpack I made, the errors I got were both due to something I've changed and LuaJIT.

With your modpack no errors occur both with (provided you apply the fix civaddiction proposed) and without LuaJIT.

Also I don't think LuaJIT is integrated in community patch, and yes, it is a dll.

Well, the errors mean that some xml file is missing, as well as sniper.dds, despite the packing working. Does gamaeplay work?

I managed to fix it by copying over the all the (relevant) modfolders from my games/civ5/MODS into the modspack. There were no errors during the making of the modspack, but apparently still some mods were partly left out.

The same happens with the Community Patch Project, where CityState Diplomacy and Civ4DiplomaticFeatures do not get copied. Manually coping them into the modspack fixes that same error.

Once I figure out a way to host it, I can provide a download link for those two packs so you can add them to the front page maybe :)

EDIT: CPP Modspack link (version 5/13) https://mega.co.nz/#!DAclWY7T!J1oRll4mZX6mASc0NPuYxCHUUSipO78te46PzpcpfPQ

EDIT 2: New link includes the EUI.

Warning: Prone to desyncs/crashes. Cause unknown so far.

@DLimited

Are you also getting this when civ starts?

Syntax Error: Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK\Mods\Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI) (v 1)\EUI\EUI_tooltips.lua:2107: '<name>' expected near '='

@Jmigfer7

Yes, I'm posted in the CPP bug report thread and it'll hopefully get cleared up soon.

So I'm running into an annoying issue. I'm trying to compile a modpack, and I've followed the instructions entirely, enabling logging and the tuner. I've also followed the instructions here in order to enable FireTuner to work as needed.

When I get to step 6, I don't see an entry in the dropdown menu titled MPMP_Maker. I'm absolutely certain I enabled the mod (although, perhaps notably, the mod is called Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1) and not MultiPlayer ModsPack Maker (v 1) like it was stated in the steps), and then I started a new game. I did this in both ways (after confirming the mods I wanted in the Mods menu, and through the normal singleplayer menu). I've also tried restarting the game and FireTuner, to no avail.

Any help will be appreciated.

When I get to step 6, I don't see an entry in the dropdown menu titled MPMP_Maker.

the name may be truncated but will start with "\Users\[yourName]\Documents"

You may not see an entry in the dropdown menu titled MPMP_Maker. That is because the name could be truncated. If this is the case, it will start will something like what I quoted above. Try going down the list if there are multiple entries with truncated names like that. It should be there.

So I'm running into an annoying issue. I'm trying to compile a modpack, and I've followed the instructions entirely, enabling logging and the tuner. I've also followed the instructions here in order to enable FireTuner to work as needed.

When I get to step 6, I don't see an entry in the dropdown menu titled MPMP_Maker. I'm absolutely certain I enabled the mod (although, perhaps notably, the mod is called Multiplayer Mods Workaround (v 1) and not MultiPlayer ModsPack Maker (v 1) like it was stated in the steps), and then I started a new game. I did this in both ways (after confirming the mods I wanted in the Mods menu, and through the normal singleplayer menu). I've also tried restarting the game and FireTuner, to no avail.

Any help will be appreciated.

What civaddiction said and also try to start/restart firetuner after you start a game.

You may not see an entry in the dropdown menu titled MPMP_Maker. That is because the name could be truncated. If this is the case, it will start will something like what I quoted above. Try going down the list if there are multiple entries with truncated names like that. It should be there.

Didn't see that either.

What civaddiction said and also try to start/restart firetuner after you start a game.

I'll do that and look again, thanks for the tip. I'll post again if it doesn't work.

Got it working, but I'm running into a new (albeit minor) issue. See, I'm not trying to use this method for multiplayer mods. I'm trying to use it so that I can earn achievements in singleplayer while using mods. Thus, some of the issues that would otherwise exist outright don't.

On that note, I'm unable to add Communitas AI and Tools to the modpack since it overwrite InGame.lua. Is there something I can do to get around this?

EDIT: So it turns out I actually am running into an issue. When I press Singleplayer and then select a playtype, my game crashes.

EDIT2: I reduced the amount of mods I'm using and it seems to launch fine now. Not sure if achievements are enabled, but I can only hope. The reason Communitas was stopping the process is because another mod was overwriting the same file. Any suggestions?

Finally trying this out in MP, and it works really well! I'm playing JFD's Prussia, and my friend's playing TarcisioCM's Song. There's only been one issue with his popup showing up for me too, but it only works for him, so it doesn't matter.

I am having a similar issue. There is no MPMP_Maker.

And no, there is no truncated /Users/ in the LiveTuner. The closest thing I can see is MP List which isn't actually it I noticed after trying to use CreateMP() in it.

Here are the mods I have enabled:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=361391109
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=90186873 (Excluding the Ayyubids and Omans)

So, if there is a problem with any of JFD's mods, that could be it.

Please help me.

@Patcheresu

Have you tried my sugestion?

There isn't any problem with JFD's civs, I already got them working.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a problem with MPMPM or mods in general, but any Civ that has a unique unit or building that can be purchased with faith results in all players being able to purchase that unit with faith. A good example is the Dene's Sacred Drummer. Unfortunately had to axe from the pack any Civ for which this was the case. Also, 3D custom leader portraits do not work (Seems to be an MPMPM thing), so for any Civ that did not provide a 2D leader scene, I had to use the most recent version that did not use a custom 3D leader. This explains the use of an outdated version of Australia and Hitler.

Hi Poizen 87

I am struggling for quite some time already with constructing a modpack being a mix of gameplay improvements and new civs. The biggest nightmare is testing, as some bugs appear only late in the game, some appear only in multiplayer tests (so you need another human testing), some appear depending on the mix of mods...

So far I had problems with civilizations adding new buildings with Great Work slots, but hopefully this http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=523258 (and fix from krolac - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=13773466&postcount=38 ) can help.

Then there are 3D leaders problems:
- Instead of Colonialist Legacies I will be trying to use LastSword's version of Australia, which actually has a really cool UA
- Luckily Tomatekh's Mali has a 2d replacement
- I have changed Leugi's Israel to use the 2D leader scene

There are two civs that broke Battle Royale - Gran Colombia, and Japan (Tojo), although the latter may have actually be impacted by Civ 5 bug. Don't want to take the risk with them.

And finally you mention the issues with civs having custom religion purchased buildings and units. That probably means that following civs have to go:
- Colonialist Legacies Dene (Sacred Drummer - Great Prophet)
- Colonialist Legacies Zapotec (Battle Priest - Inquisitor)

Also you had some problems with the Innuits.

Would you be aware of any other conflicts or civs that just won't work?
I'll be testing my modpack further, and since there is a few overlapping civs, I will let you know whether I encounter any bugs.

Is there any particular reason why these two civilizations never get copied to the modpack while creating?

Colonialist Legacies Canada
Colonialist Legacies Philippines

It happened to me every time I was adding them to the mix.
They must have registered though, because they are pickable from the civs list (creating a missing icon error) and moving them manually to the modpack allows you to play with no problems.

Anybody had this issue before? Any chance I will run into trouble?
I'm getting a bit sick of testing full playthroughs with various civs, and on top of that no friends want to test with me any more, they just want to play and actually finish games ;)
And unfortunately single player tests hide a lot of bugs...

Top Bottom