Age of Imperialism

I think it depends on how the UA is written. Three sentences is really the maximum length for a UA before it starts to look like too much in my opinion. If we can fit the passive part of the UA in two sentences, we could possibly fit in the part about the Foreign Legions. It would also have to depend on the rest of the Civ design and if it synergizes with it. If it works well it could implemented somehow.

I would like to take a moment to thank whoever added our civs to the unfinished civs list on the wiki! You did goof it up a tiny bit though - the icons for Zara Yaqob and Haile Selassie are swapped.

Also, I will return to the Dervish State this weekend! Motivation has returned and there are no great school things on the horizon, and I just got 100% destroyed in Crusader Kings, so I am pretty mad and won't go back to that game, bad game for making my kingdom shatter and then my heir die of tuberculosis, so it is the perfect time! :D

Ummm... Bug. Your signature is trying to... Index a nil value?

Well, it is literally indexing a nil value. :p

Update: The Dervish State's code is close to finishing (not the art, though, but Olav can take the time he needs)!

I also need to inform you of that we are no longer doing Napoleon III, but rather a French Republic under either Adolphe Thiers or Joseph Gallieni. That said, France has then been pushed back in the queue, and our next civ will be colonial Italy.

We also want to do Teddy Roosevelt's America! This is partially because both I and Olav want to see him in the game, and partially so Liberia can have a counterpart. What is this, you say? Counterpart?

That's right! We are planning on releasing these civs in packs on Steam! This is also the reason Italy is up next, because the Dervish State needed a counterpart.

Whew, hopefully that wasn't too much at once...

No.... I just get the feeling you went... How much, a year ahead of yourself or so?

With so many desires....

Looking forward to the Dervish!

If it's not too early, what are you guys thinking of for Teddy?

It's never too early to discuss designs! We are aiming at a 'Big Stick Diplomacy' focus - aka City-State Influence and intimidation. Scotty's design is a good start. Uighur_Caesar has already sent me a suggestion, but anyone can! Actually, design suggestions are recommended!

Anyway, here are some polls for y'all:

Leader of Colonial Italy
Leader of late Colonial Spain
Leader of Colonial France

I noticed on the wiki, you removed reference to the idea of the separate packs (Ethiopian, Island, Freedom etc.) - does this mean the idea has been jettisoned entirely?

Also, how is work going on the Dervish State, and is Italy still planned to follow - or has something else increased in priority?

The plans have changed - we now have a new crew member, Civitar! Yeah, we decided it would be for the best to not release the civs in packs, but rather individually. Quicker and does not limit our order of release as much. Because of this change, Theodore Roosevelt will be our next civ after the Dervish State.

Progress on the Dervish State is very good - all three of us have a lot of free time now, and can work on it. Especially Civitar and Olav are doing a good job. Me - maybe not so much. :p But, yeah, the civ will be out this June.

Top Bottom