Age of Imperialism

Oh, right. :p I thought I recognised it.

I dunno but, would it make sense to have industrious elements next to natural elements in the icon? Like a train track and one of those really big South African trees. Or otherwise diamonds or even just the springbok. I mean mining was an important part of both the colony and Cecil Rhodes business. Also this picture which I think is pretty well known, regarding his ''Cape to Cairo'' idea:
Spoiler :

Just trowing stuff around...

That image is basically the universally accepted symbol of European colonialism. I was going to reference it by naming the South Africa Company's UA 'The Rhodes Colossus', which was also the name of Great Britain's UA in the Scramble for Africa scenario.

I have a UA idea!(not so hard, interesting one though)

Rhodesian routes

+1 :c5production: production from Railroad tiles with mines. +1 :c5gold: gold from Resources improved by mines. Cities claim all workable resources on desert and hill tiles. Each :trade: trade route to city states increases city's border growth rate by 10%.
Cooper and Gold provide double quantity and double :c5gold: gold from diversity in :trade: trade routes.

Rhodes colossus doesn't really fit the entire south Africa company... also, its kinda OP.

Cool, yeah I didn't really see it becoming an icon, I don't really know why I mentioned that picture ><. Anyway, I feel the springbok would still be a good choice, animal icons are always nice to look at and this one is a bit more original then a lion icon.

The idea is that the South Africa company was founded by Cecil Rhodes, and that it was arguably the greatest British force in Africa, so that name would fit very well.

Also, Natan, why are you suggesting a design that contradicts with the one you suggested earlier?

Cape colony isn't the south Africa company....

Well, you're right, and I should have clarified this earlier: The 'Cape Colony' civ was basically going to be a Cecil Rhodes civ, so I changed the name to 'South Africa Company' so it could cover the rest of British South Africa too. Sorry about that.

11 people. The poll says 12, but I voted twice (for Manuel).

Also, kind of bad-ish news: I'm going on winter vacation from tomorrow and until wednesday (Skiing! Woo!). I won't bring my computer, but I will bring an ipad, so I'm available on the forum anyway. Because of this there won't be no modding. Tough luck.

Well you need art anyway so I don't really see it delaying that much, also QUICK CLAIM THE VICEROYALTIES, CLAIM EVERYTHING! When we work on such a slow pace it would be nice to not have stuff be grabbed from our noses.

Although I don't intend to "steal" any of the civs you guys plan on doing, I just feel like I should point out that no one has nor should have any "ownership" over the civilizations they choose to portray in their mods. Specially since it's not the civilization itself that matters, but its mechanics.

But well, I'm not sure how serious you are about saying you've claimed these civs, but since it's a recurring theme that keeps popping out I felt that I should emphasize this. Good luck with the civs, anyway.

Oh no! I was sort of overreacting as a joke, I don't really see colonies as a separate Civ to be a thing a lot of people will try to make anywhere in the near future. They never really were the dominant part of an Empire.
I think we've found a nice niche :) that does mean however, that if somebody else would choose to create one we kind of have a hole in our little project. But even that is not to big of a deal, you can have two of the same Civs by different modders.

Thanks either way ;)

Will the dervish have support?
(Walrus, please say yes)

Need E&D ideas?

Top Bottom