GO1 - The Tsarina

Looks good to me. I'll move 1W when I play.

Also, it appears that we have terrible starting techs: Hunting and Mining.

So, we can't start on a Work Boat and should instead start on a Worker.

That fact leaves us a few options:
1. Research Fishing so that we can start to build a Work Boat once our Worker is done. Our Worker will begin Mining the Pig squares, which won't allow us to grow quickly but is better than nothing

2. Research Agriculture so that we can Farm the Corn.

3. Research Animal Husbandry so that we can Pasture our two Pigs (those will be our highest yield squares if we put Pastures on them instead of Mines).

I am leaning towards option 3, simply because we have 2 Pig squares and because option 1 will mean that it will take a long time for us to grow.

Option 2 isn't bad, but the Corn isn't irrigated, so it will provide the same Food as a Pastured Grassland Hills Pig but 1 less Hammer. Plus, there's only one square to Farm, so our Worker would have to start Mining one of the Pigs while we waited for another Worker tech to be learned.

How long do you plan to play? I.e. Should we be discussing the second tech to research? If yes, I'll tentatively say:
Worker -> Warrior EDIT: (grow as quickly as possible while building the Warrior, which will probably happen automatically if you leave the City Governor turned on)
Animal Husbandry -> Agriculture -> EDIT: one of Fishing or Bronze Working

Oh yeah, since the Barbs are raging, we might not want to explore too far with our Scout. It would be better to keep him relatively close to "home" in order to spawn-bust. Spawn-busting means that a Barbarian unit cannot appear within a 2.5 square radius of any of your units (i.e. 2 moves in any direction). So, after exploring with the Scout for about 15 or so turns, maybe we should bring him back to near our capital, to help prevent Barbarian units from spawning.

We'll risk getting less Huts, though, but our Scout could just die in the wilds anyway with Raging Barbs enabled, so it's a calculated risk.

30 turns. I like the build/research plans you've set out, so I'll use those.

EDIT: xpost. Yeah, we'll have to be careful with the scout.

All right, looks like our plans are fleshed out. When are you going to play the first turnset, Olaf?

After he plays his Mole turnset... and before he plays his 6050 years turnset... because then the two SGs can advance. Playing 1 turnset in 6050 years one day sooner or later is meaningless, since he's the only one playing it and wouldn't play the following turnset for quite some time afterwards anyway.

At least he launched the poop in EPYC.

I'm playing Mole, and probably Shut Up RFC tonight, so I'll try and get this played tomorrow bar some unforeseeable catastrophe :p

I played it! I played it! Don't blame me for not posting the TS... CFC was down at the time :/

Awesome. :D

I never wrote down the objectives for the TS that Dhoom laid out, and as I said before, CFC was down (at least for me) when I played, so this turnset's actions are based on my own weak memory :p

First off, we moved the Scout, and popped the forest's tribal village in the process. 53 gold. That's not too bad. At least it wasn't a map :D
Spoiler :

We then moved the settler 1W. Turn 1: the Scout was moved again, revealing just one clam. Bah. Right, looks like 1W IS the best bet, I thought, so I settled there.
Spoiler :

First build: Worker. First research: AH.
Spoiler :

And... it's a map. Bah, humbug. :p
Spoiler :

Nice resources down there, though.
Spoiler :

Buddhism is FIADL
Spoiler :

And rival numero uno is... Alex.
Spoiler :

Hinduism FIADL, and AH is in. Agriculture is started.
Spoiler :

That scout is standing on what looks like it might make a decent Commerce City.
Spoiler :

Worker finished, and we start building a Warrior.
Spoiler :

Lots of resources... looks good :D
Spoiler :

It's possible that clear tile may be a strat. Noted for later.
Spoiler :

Ooh, free warrior!
Spoiler :

Fishing is next in the research queue. Agri is in, which will give our worker something to do after pasturing those pigs (the cap's looking like it's going to be an excellent GP Farm!)
Spoiler :

Do I see a commerce city? :D
Spoiler :

And you know what that means: axerushing looks like a good option right now...
Spoiler :

Warrior finishes in Moscow; we start another. Settler is next up.
Spoiler :

Hey look, Fishing's finished!
Spoiler :

Bronze Working's up next. If we have Copper nearby, I'm thinking we ought to axerush Alex, who has access to what may be the best commerce city site nearby and who is also very, very dangerous to have as an enemy later.
Spoiler :

Our capital, turn 30 (warrior #2 was finished turn 29)
Spoiler :

And the known world.
Spoiler The north :

Spoiler Central (near cap) :

Spoiler The south :

Please use above maps for dotmapping. Save attached; thoughts and comments welcome. Next! :D

Attachments

• The Tsarina BC-2800 (Turn 30).CivBeyondSwordSave
    51.4 KB · Views: 50
OMG STONE!!!111caps

I guess it's my turn. And I get the settler :D

What should be the priority second city? The spot 1SW to the wine with the river, corn, and 2 wine resources looks like a good spot for Yoshiville. Or should the stone be prioritized? That pig to the east may also have some good spots, so the scout should be sent there next.

The spot 1SW to the wine with the river, corn, and 2 wine resources looks like a good spot for Yoshiville.
That spot looks fine, as long as we are either Creative (I forget what our Traits are) or learn Mysticism soon (if we don't already have it) for a Monument.

Chopping a Forest into the Monument would be good (once we learn Bronze Working), but only if we aren't Creative.

The alternative would be to settle 1S of there, but then we'd be off of the River and would miss out on one of the Wines, with the only benefit being that we could improve and work the Corn a bit faster.

If you settle Yoshiville where you suggested, then I would recommend that we put a Farm on the Grassland Forest River square that will be 1S of the City, so that the Corn will be irrigated as soon as we learn Civil Service.

Or should the stone be prioritized?
It's a bit far away. We don't really have any units to defend it properly if the Barbs come at us and we don't have a Road going towards it yet, either. I'd save the Stone for our 4th City.

What do we want to use STONE for, anyway? If I knew which Wonders we were targeting, then I could:
a) give suggestions on whether I thought that it was a feasible idea to be able to get the Stone online in time
AND
b) recommend a City settling-order that would get us Stone at roughly the right time

That pig to the east may also have some good spots, so the scout should be sent there next.
I agree that the Pig to our north looks tempting and might make for a decent 3rd City.

Oh yeah, if we don't know The Wheel (I don't think that we do), it would probably be good to get that tech next.

If we ARE creative, then we don't have a major rush on getting Bronze Working, in which case we should probably learn The Wheel before learning Bronze Working.

After those techs are in, I'd probably say go for Pottery -> Writing, but feel free to slot in other techs if you think that we need them (like Wonder-based techs if you want to build Wonders).

I'd also suggest scouting that square 1N of the Coastal Fish... the Fish that is to our south-west.

Coastal Fish = one of the best Resources in the game, so I call them Magical Fish. However, the rest of the land around that Magical Fish is pretty poor, so it would be nice to know if we could snag a second Seafood Resource around that area or not.

Our traits: Creative/Imperialistic.

EDIT: Also, I'm thinking that TGLH is out of our reach if we're going to axe Alex. Colossus might be viable, thoguht, concidering Bronze is on the techpath and we're on Archipelago.

The Great Lighthouse would actually be the perfect Wonder for us to go for.

Creative = spamming Cities is a good thing, as they can get up to speed quickly.
Imperalistic = allows for building many Settlers
The Great Lighthouse = allows you to spam Cities without worrying about the Maintenance Costs of doing so

So, I think I'd rather see us go for The Great Lighthouse than to rush Alex.

Plus, why attack if we are Imperialistic? Our strength is Settler-spamming, which we can't do if we're building an army.

So, yeah, I'd settle Yoshiville where Yoshi suggested, NE + N of the Grassland Corn.

We should probably immediately switch Research to The Wheel -> Sailing -> Masonry -> go back to researching Bronze Working.

However, we'll want to put out a couple of spawn-busting Warriors, to keep the Barbs at bay.

I would suggest putting 1 Warrior on the Grassland Forest 1E of the Desert Incense (NE + N of the Plains Stone). That unit will spawn-bust a lot of area, will defend in a Forest, and will "block" a direct path from the south to Yoshiville.

I would probably put another Warrior on the Grassland Jungle Pig to the north of where Yoshiville will be founded.

Finally, I'd put yet another Warrior due north of the two Peaks that are just to the north of our capital on a Forest or a Jungle square up there. If you can't find one, then on that Grassland Jungle Hills River square just to the west of those Peaks to our north. If you're forced to put a Warrior on that Grassland Jungle Hills River square, then the east by the north-east Pig will not be spawn-busted, so you'll want another Warrior up by that Pig.

With 1 Warrior in each of our Cities, that should give us 5 to 6 Warriors giving us pretty good empire-wide protection.

Yoshiville could Farm its Corn then Mine its two Hills, with the intention of building Lighthouse -> The Great Lighthouse. The City is a bit low on production, but it's not bad... City Centre = 1 Hammer, 2 Grassland Hills Mines = 6 more Hammers, 1 Plains Forest = 2 more Hammers for roughly 9 Hammers at Size 4... not amazing, but it should be good enough.

Our capital can focus on building those Warriors are building the Yoshiville Settler, then go back to building Worker -> Settler -> Worker -> Settler.

That's all just ideas/suggestions and you don't necessarily have to follow them, but it's probably how I would proceed.

The Wheel would be used to connect our two Cities to each other for the inter-City Trade Routes.

It is a bit of a shame that we have mostly Food-based production instead of Hammer-based production for our Settlers, but once we finally learn Bronze Working, we can whip Settlers every once and a while to turn that Food into Hammers, giving us the bonus Hammers for Settler production. If we want The Great Lighthouse, though, we should probably delay Bronze Working, meaning that this whipping probably won't happen until the next turnset.

Good points made. I have to say it sounds like an excellent plan! :goodjob:

Alex needs to go at some point, but it probably doesn't need to be a rush.

Great turnset, Olaf.

Also, since I'm not at my Gma's anymore, can I be moved up the roster (if possible)?

So the roster would be

1. General Olaf
2. Yoshi
3. Mosher
4. Red_Spy
5. hoplitejoe
6. woopdeedoo
8. Dhoomstriker

then, I guess?

Top Bottom