"I see you have a lot of units near my borders..."

They should change it so if they're in YOUR borders, you won't get questioned. Seriously, we're protecting our frontiers.

I don't mind this very much tbh. Although I do wish I can return the favor to the AI.

If i get asked this question....

1) Is they our friend? Yes? Say I'm passing thru.

2) If no, Is he strong and am I strong enuff? If No Say I am passing thru.

3) Did he call me his favorite pet city state? If no, Say I am passing thru.

4) If he did call me a favorite pet city state, forward settled to my borders and complained about me settling near him, has he/she been a douchebag towards me, and I'm strong enough to do something about it Then I will declare war immediately even when I didn't plan to go to the war against him/her, penalties be damned. I dun care, i got a lesson to teach.

When a war start that way I tend to go on a pillaging spree and enjoy the mad goldz from pillages and capture any worker/settler I can while squashing any military unit I can find in the fields to so that I can declare that mah military prowess is unmatched. I rarely catch me a city or two that way but eh, its fun, and the AI learns to not ask me that question again.

Cuz I take the question as hostile action that the AI was secretly my enemy for the whole time but it's just that the AI have never came out of the closet yet to tell me what he truly thinks of me yet.

I like hosting military parades in opposing civs. :p

Actually I think I love it when the AI ask me this question cuz it allows a skirmish to occur when nothing would've happened.

Alot of my unintended conquests occur with that question.

Cuz if I am at war against some other country that's faraway but I decide that distance won't protect him from me. And send military to his territory which will pass by other people's territory. To be honest, I think the AIs that secretly hate me will ask that question. Then a war happens there. That distant foe will just have to sit on his butt and suck on his thumb as I deal with this insolent neighbor. After whatever is done, I move on and pummel that distant foe.

I completely agree. The rules should be clear and they should be fairly applied to all players.

I agree too, hated this for the longest time as well as everything else the AI can do but the player cannot for no other reason than "to add challenge". It isn't challenging, it is just outright unfair. Or make it Diety only, it is not like the AI doesn't have enough cheat codes on in Diety as is :mischief:

As long as minimum city settle distance is 4 it seems broken to me. At such short ranges, simply having units anywhere in your borders is "too close" as far as the AI is concerned.

I've ranted about this before--the question servers no purpose. If you want to cheese the AI, then you can just declare war, settle peace 10 turns later, then declare war again no matter where your units are place or how long you take to set them up. The question servers no purpose other than attempting to keep the human player from getting an upper-hand on troop placement, but it fails to do even that. More often it just miscalculates and throws up this question whenever, then you are forced to wait 50 turns or face severe diplomatic penalties.

Top Bottom