MAP development

Hey! My typing is perfectly fast :p

Do you have a Google account of any kind? Hotmail? Yahoo? Anything like that has an appropriate IM to go along with it.

What's the file choice for Tortoise? If in doubt, go for the latest 32-bit Windows installer.

Errr... OK, I've got the DLL in a 2008 mod folder, but there's no INI or anything... So, now what?:confused:

Missed a post...

Hey! My typing is perfectly fast :p

Yeah, but can you type lefthanded while eating dessert?:mischief:

Do you have a Google account of any kind? Hotmail? Yahoo? Anything like that has an appropriate IM to go along with it.

What's the file choice for Tortoise? If in doubt, go for the latest 32-bit Windows installer.

I've enabled e-mail messaging.

Thx again, BTW. (Will probably miss another post while visiting the Tortoise...)

Google Talk?:confused: Alright (removed the link).

You can type fast but you didn't answer my questions. (Waiting for the Tortoise DL...):crazyeye:

Do I need all that stuff? (Just wondering, as I just want to start working on a map, y'know.):mischief:

Was still waiting for Düsseldorf to DL, so I switched to Amsterdam -> instant DL! (Weird.) Will be installing now, so you can post some more.:mischief:

PS: I've also gone undercover. ("Whooa, I'm invisible!")

Sorry,was off-line for awhile installing and loading the mod. Didn't get far, 'cause of load errors. Anyway, will be off-line again til tomorrow probably due to RL obligations.;)

Seeing as Bastian-Bux has been kind enough to create a clean GEM-map, all we need now is a bugfree World 2008 mod version. (Last time I tried, I couldn't get it to load).

When loading world2008mod I get this error:

Assert failed
File: \CvXMLLoadUtilitySet.ccp
Line: 1545
Expression: bSuccess

When trying to load various maps (Bastian Bux's clean GEM map, Amra 18 civs BtS, Carter32civs) various XML error messages appear (referring mostly to UNITCLASS xml errors) and the game CTDs. With the GEM map this message appeared twice:

Assert failed
File: \CvGlobals.cpp
Line: 4861
Expression: szType

An example of how Rhye's huge Earth map could be used:

Spoiler :

around 40 civs, looks pretty balanced (unrealistic "Neutral" countries needed only in Africa and South America

Every bigger civ has at least 2 decent cities (except Israel, which can have either 1 or 2 depending on whether Syria is extended one tile south or not)

(A B C are the smaller nations, which need to be solved some way)

Afghanistan is swallowed by Iran and Pakistan

Baltic states are stuck between St. Petersburg and Kaliningrad, as they'd be too small to be a decent "real" civ

Former Yugoslavia is divided between Romania, Greece and Italy (this could use some more work)

Poles can decide whether they want to be a part of Germany or Ukraine (sorry poles, but Poland would be too small, like the Baltic states)

Israel enlarged to make them a bit more competitive against the surrounding civs, no room for Palestine but the "close borders" penalty makes most surrounding civs realistically unfriendly to them

Laos, Thailand and Cambodia gobbled by Myanmar and Vietnam

all sounds good UN patriot

Shouldn't Diego Garcia be British and not American? (going off of JEELIN's post)

Top Bottom