Man Made Global Warming is a Media Made Myth

The idea of shipping stuff bugs me (especially bottled water!). However, the cost of centralized manufacture + shipping versus the cost of distributed manufacture is probably negligible. The real expenses are marketing. And the cost is determined by how much people will pay, not based on anything economic.

It's almost cheaper to buy orange juice than canned soda. 144 oz of canned soda can go as high as $5 when not on sale, while 64 oz of Orange juice is consistently $3. Not quite there yet, but I consider Orange juice to be a much higher quality beverage. :)

Soft drinks are usually cheapest when bottled rather than canned. 2 litres of orange juice is $3.57 at my local supermarket, 2 litres of Coke is $3.56 (neither are refrigerated)

If distributed manufacture was the cheapest way to sell stuff, all the Evil Corporations would already be doing it.

But, a lot of the time, they don't. No dice, Mylon, chalk me up in the "disagree" column.

This is because transport costs and energy production are currently subsidized, though.

Soft drinks are usually cheapest when bottled rather than canned. 2 litres of orange juice is $3.57 at my local supermarket, 2 litres of Coke is $3.56 (neither are refrigerated)

Maybe you're referring to orange soda? Orange juice requires refrigeration. Or, I suppose if you pasteurize the heck out of it and add preservatives, but that would destroy the taste.

This is because transport costs and energy production are currently subsidized, though.

This is something I'm unaware of. Mind filling me in on this?

CO2 is not properly priced because neither consumers nor producers pay for the environmental price of carbon pollution. It's effectively a subsidy, mainly paid by non-polluting countries.

Maybe you're referring to orange soda? Orange juice requires refrigeration. Or, I suppose if you pasteurize the heck out of it and add preservatives, but that would destroy the taste.

It says "refrigerate after opening". I know orange juice when I see it, and I know that only some stores keep it in the fridges.

It says "refrigerate after opening". I know orange juice when I see it, and I know that only some stores keep it in the fridges.

Right, and that applies to some of our juices here as well. But the orange juice I drink is always frige fresh. I imagine any other kind wouldn't taste the same.

Just like juice concentrate, I suppose.

Top Bottom