Governments and Politics

I have decided to post the map. This is our starting position:

Spoiler :

I take this time to point out the tile naming system. As you can see, each tile in our borders has a number followed by a letter.This is how all cities' tiles will be named.

There are deer in 4A. This is also where our warriors are located now.

Looks interesting.

Sign me up :goodjob:

Perfect spot. 3 resources nearby our city which is on the river allowing us to build water mills.:D

Yes looking at the resources getting a granary early and then building The Great Library while teching Animal Husbandry and The Wheel. Problem is that somewhere we would need a worker.

World Religions​

Spoiler :
Time to get familiarized with the Persian's past. Any player may add anything to these myths. Just PM me with what you want to add. Keep it related or similar to Persian culture or style. It does not have to be actual Persian myths. You can make myths or gods up.

As we meet other ethnic groups, I will add their religion to this post.

Persia

Ancient Beliefs
These first few gods and myths are what the Persians believe since the beginning of time. The religion will expand through time.

Gods

Zurvan: God of eternal time. Father of twins Ahura Mazda and Ahriman.

Ahriman: Evil twin bent on destroying Ahura Mazda's paradise on Earth. Countered everything Ahura Mazda created. Example: Ahura Mazda created life, Ahriman created death.

Ahura Mazda: God of light and wisdom, supreme God of Persia, created seven bounteous immortals: Good Mind, Truth, Obedience, Devotion, kingdom, Integrity, and Immortality. Created the universe and the first human: Gayomart.

Atar: Son of Ahura Mazda who fought Ahriman and his evil creation, Azhi Dahaka.

Gayomart: Primal man who existed for 3,000 years before his meditating spirit was joined with a body. He was killed by Ahriman, and after 40 years a plant grew from his seed, which split and became the father and mother of the human race.

Mithra: Virile war god, champion of truth, law, and order, he would let loose his deadly arrows and an even deadlier bone crunching boar against his enemies. He is pictured slaying a bull.

Rashnu: When a person died, his or her soul sat by the corpse for three days, awaiting judgement by this god. He impartially weighed the souls worth on golden scales. The good were led off to heaven by a beautiful woman. The bad were forced across a razor-thin bridge until they fell into hell.

Yazata': Angelic beings.

Prologue of the people of Persia (myth)

After Ahura Mazda's paradise was attacked by Ahriman and a thousand years of war, the Persian people were left wandering the ravaged paradise, the earth. A decendant of Atar, the last person with divine blood, lead us to remember our old ways and settle Persepolis. However, our leader was not immortal, and was sterile. He fell ill and decided to appoint a civilian to be his succesor and rebuild the paradise on earth and the Persian's ancient glory. He chose PlyPlay665. Will he be able to lead the Persians in their most crucial times?

Spoiler :
Top three closest to being appointed Politician #1:
DeofesRightBoot
ShadowNX
Chgrogers

I will be posting Session 0 right now.

Session 0
T0 (4000 BC)

Persepolis:

Palace of King PlyPlay665

Domestic Adviser: My lord, are you ready?
PlyPlay665: I hope. I fear I wont understand what is going on...
Domestic: Do not worry. We, the advisers, are here to help. We will be telling you the news, issueas and decisions to be made in the empire. We will also sometimes be giving our opinion.
PlyPlay665: Alright, tell me then, what are the news?
Domestic: it has not been long since we have settled, and there is something you need to decide. What shall we produce? May I sugest a monument to the gods and the previous leader, to remind and encourage the people of our growing culture.
PlyPlay665: I shall see. What else?
Scientific Adviser: I also have some news, many citizens have come with ideas they have that could improve the way we live. This woman this woman has begun to develop a new art. It is called Pottery.
Domestic: That sounds like a good idea.
Scientific: This farmer has developed techniques to control the animals so we can eat them. He calls it Animal Husbandry.
Military: I would support research for that.
Scientific: We can also elaborate on the idea of this soldier. He says it is possible to kill enemies from afar by using a contraption he has generated that will launch a projectile at the enemy. And finally, This worker says there is a way to extract the shiny rock near Persepolis, he calls it mining. I would sugest we research mining.
PlyPlay665: Is that all? How about you, Military and Foreign advisers?
Foreign: Nothing sir.
Military: Our warriors, the Royal Guard, are awaiting orders.
PlyPlay665: Good, now let me think on what you have said...

Persepolis:

In-game Issues:
What shall we research next?

What shall be produced in Persepolis?

What shall our Royal Guard Warriors do?

Decisions:
What shall we name the river east of Persepolis?

Issues:
Domestic: Moderately high crime rates.

Rules tip: Read Hire Security Forces

Spoiler :
This is the only session that is played differently. The others are played the way it says in Game Dynamics

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

What shall we research next?
Pottery > Writing

What shall be produced in Persepolis?
Scout(Auto Explore when built) > Granary [Start with Monument, then move the granary to top of queue when researched.]

What shall our Royal Guard Warriors do?
Search surrounding area for Barbarian Encampments and Ruins.

Domestic: Moderately high crime rates.
Hire all the security forces that the city can hire.

In my game, I usually start out by building a strong economy and good science, then build up my army around the Industrial era. (Although I keep a reasonably strong Defensive military throughout history.):old:

As the glorious leader made his decisions from the throne room from the palace of persepolis a minor noble of the empire named Jehashuthra kneeled before the king of kings and implored his lord to hear his wisdom.

Acknowledging Jehashuthra the king deigned him to speak and thus he rose and bowing once more to the king of kings he said.

-

"Oh great Lord, long may you reign under the grace of Ahura Mazda in serene majesty and peace in the light of truth. We the Persian people reside here in a great city alongside the river valley where our people have long resided as wandering nomads since he who is only death brought evil to this world. Yet the river which gives us life giving water and has nourished our people for generations has no name!

Thus I humbly propose to you, sovereign king of kings who is blessed by he who is life himself that we name the river the Pârsa River naming it after our great people so that throughout all ages all who come to this bounteous land may know the blessings our Lord gives to those who follow the teachings of righteousness and follow the guidance of the Amesha Spenta (bounteous immortals) who come forth from the thought of the Lord of Light and the Yazata' (angelic beings [ie mithra, rashnu and others are amongst their number in the persian mythos]) who serve as his host against the darkness. Truly the river should be named thus.

Glory to the King of Kings and long may you reign!

News Report
T0-T7

T0 (4000 BC):
King PlyPlay665 ordered for Pottery to be researched, and for a Scout Division to be trained. He queued writing and a granary after the monument. Our Royal Guard Warriors were ordered to scout surroundings for Barbarians and destroy their camps. He also specified that if they were to find other people or ruins, to go to them.

T1 (3960 BC):
Our Royal Guard found ancient ruins South East of Persepolis.

Spoiler :

T2 (3920 BC):
The Royal Guard Warriors arrived at the Ancient Ruins and found the Sumerian people. They showed us how to extract rock, how to mine.

T5 (3800 BC):
Our First Scout Division begins exploring automatically as ordered by the King.
We begin production on a monument to the Gods and the last descendant of the gods.

T6 (3760 BC):
Scout finds another ruined city North West of Persepolis.
The Royal Guard sees the borders of a city state.

Spoiler :

T7 (3720 BC):
The First Scout Division meets the Babylonian people and receive artifacts that awe the kingdom.
The Royal Guard officially meets Quebec City. We are the first empire they meet, so they gift us 30 Gold.

Spoiler :

Session 1
T8 (3680 BC)

Spoiler :

Persepolis

Palace of King PlyPlay665 I

Advisers enter
PlyPlay665: Hello Advisers, what news do you bring me? Who is that behind you?
Domestic: This is DefoesRightBoot. He will be joining us in the matters of the kingdom, to help us govern our growing empire.
PlyPlay665: welcome to the politician's circle, DefoesRightBoot. Now, tell me the news.
Domestic: The amount of people that live in Persepolis has grown to 6,000, and the people begin to feel a little less comfortable. We may see crime rates rise, from there already high levels. It is also time we made a social policy for the kingdom.
Foreign: I also have news, the First Scout Division and the Royal Warrior Guard has found different people leaving in our surroundings. The most important discovery is Quebec City. Fortunately, none seem to be a threat to us.
PlyPlay665: Anything else?

The advisers shake their heads.

PlyPlay665: Very well then, leave me to my thoughts. DefoesRightBoot, I hope we can work together to bring the kingdom to its full potential...

Persepolis:

In-game Issues:
What Social Policy shall we choose?

Issues:
Domestic: Declining popular stability and probable increase in crime rates.
Foreign: We might see the Babylonians or Sumerians migrate to Persepolis.

Welcome to the Politician Pool: DefoesRightBoot.

Rules Tip: Read Ethnic Groups, Ideals,
Also, from now on the Sessions will be played regularly. Read Game Dynamics to now how it will be played.

I have seen no objection to Jehoshua's proposal of naming the river, so unless PlyPlay665 declines, the name will be the Pârsa River.

Also, feel free to propose names for the Advisers.

For City panel: Persepolis
Spoiler :

For Civ info:
Spoiler :

Add Tambien to Civilian pool. He has 18 years ann was born on T8; Persepolis

Mid Session Event at 12 PM GMT-7 time

The King of Kings (may he live forever) has in his wisdom deigned that a great monument to Ahura Mazda be in time built in Persepolis, the city of the persians for the glory of our people. Yet new issues have issued forth in time and Jehashuthra was concerned, Jehashuthra attended one of the King of Kings (may he live forever) audiences and made his voice heard to advise the master of Persia.

-

"Glorious King of Kings may you live forever! By the grace of Ahura Mazda you have wisely deigned that we scout our surrounding lands, and the Lord of Light, the best and the giver of life has rewarded your foresight with the gifts of the surrounding tribes, who have clearly been inspired by Ahura Mazda and by your great magnificence to grant us the knowledge of how to extract the wealth of the stone thus permitting our empire to extract the gold in the nearby hill for the glorification of Persepolis.

Yet I, a humble servant of Your Majesty see amongst the common plebeians discontent, gangs of thugs roam the streets threating lawful tax-paying citizens. May I humbly suggest to the King of Kings, may he live forever, that we adopt a social policy of advancing in society our great tradition. Only through honouring the traditions of our ancestors granted to our people by Ahura Mazda, the best and the giver of all good things can these delinquents be brought to bear and be conformed to the virtues of the Amesha Spenta in contentment and servitute to the greater good of the Persian nation.

The reassertion of our tradition shall grant our culture strength so that we may more hastily advance along the path of the Lord of Light. This would stand in good service in thy portentious command to construct a monument and also inspire us to advance further in our social development in greater haste which would serve us well in whatever future path our nation sees fit to walk.

I also wish to make a request and implore thy gracious majesty to order the education and training of a group of workers after the monuments completion and before the proposed granary. Such a trained group of workers would do much to improve the output of our land by establishing a proper agriculturalist facility at the place of wheat, and in time would hasten the development of a mine to exctract the precious gold of the hills when the area comes under the righteous dominion of Persepolis.

May Ahura Mazda and his great Amesha Spenta place their benediction upon you. Long live the King of Kings! may he live forever!

---

OOC: Summation

I suggest to PlyPlay665 that he adopt Tradition so that we get more social policies quicker and to support our current build order. Tradition would also serve us well should we seek to expand in concert with other policy trees such as liberty or piety (lots of cities lots of happiness required). Also the increase in nationalism may decrease the crime rate although I would also suggest training a garrison eventually.

I also suggest training workers before a granary is built and immediately after the monument so we can improve our land. (Indeed IMO it would of been superior to have the worker before the monument, but such is life)

filli_noctus stepped out of the forest, glancing round quickly to make sure there was no-one nearby who would recognise him, unlikely in this part of the city but better safe than sorry. He was wearing a simple white robe, quite different from the raiments he would normally wear as a member of the aristocracy. He brushed some debris off the robe and headed towards the wealthy districts. Just outside the district he ducked into the shadow of an alley to turn his robe inside out, revealing a highly decorated garment that announced his status to the world. He strode into the palace, past some grovelling peasant who thought he could advise the king.
He entered the throne room where King PlyPlay665 was taking audiences.
"Great King," he began, bowing low, "I humbly request an audience," the King gestured his assent.
"O son of heaven, may the Yazata shower their blessings upon you and Mithra bring you many victories. Our scouts have travelled far and already found many strange peoples, we should instill our people with pride in their Persian identity and greater respect for our Traditions lest they be corrupted by foreign ideas."

Top Bottom