Governments and Politics

I'm not sure, I'm not going to do it for a little while until the citizens get enough money to buy them. So probably not until the "Government" is set up. Whenever that will be. I'm thinking somewhere from 10-20 Coins or something. But we'll just have to see when the time comes.

Stealing from the kING??????? What an act of outrage!!

Anyways I agree with Plyplay665's decision for Tradition and we don't need workers so early maybe a scout?

We already have a scout that is exploring the area to the North. So far I agree with his technology and production choices but choosing Tradition I have to disagree with. currently our population is Ethnically Diverse and Tradition will make dealing with them difficult. I feel that honour would have been a better strategy.

We already have a scout, he was trained prior to the initiation of the construction of a glorious monument to exhalt the Kings of old and glorify Ahura Mazda.

OOC: As to Chgrogers I do not think that Persia is ethnically diverse at the moment. However we have come into contact with minor tribes such as the Sumerians and Babylonians who before the glory of persia may wish to immigrate to our lands. That at least is my interpretation of the info given. Now the spreadsheet does have mention of Sumerians and Babylonians but I am not sure that means they have immigrated or whether they are simply there to acknowledge we have met them considering that they are not actually an "in game" civ or city state that we can have around sitting there.

either way the spreadsheet seems off with Persepolis having 6000 people according to the domestic advisor and yet only 3000 people being on the spreadsheet on page 2.

We already have a scout, he was trained prior to the initiation of the construction of a glorious monument to exhalt the Kings of old and glorify Ahura Mazda.

OOC: As to Chgrogers I do not think that Persia is ethnically diverse at the moment. However we have come into contact with minor tribes such as the Sumerians and Babylonians who before the glory of persia may wish to immigrate to our lands. That at least is my interpretation of the info given. Now the spreadsheet does have mention of Sumerians and Babylonians but I am not sure that means they have immigrated or whether they are simply there to acknowledge we have met them considering that they are not actually an "in game" civ or city state that we can have around sitting there.

either way the spreadsheet seems off with Persepolis having 6000 people according to the domestic advisor and yet only 3000 people being on the spreadsheet on page 2.

Spreadsheet mistake I should have noticed, should have been 6000. As for the Sumerians and Babylonians, they have not emmigrated yet to Persepolis, the Spreadsheet just indicates you have met them. If they are in Persepolis, the spreadsheet will tell you.

Oh yeah my bad we already have the "First Scout Division" Yeah I was wondering about that, how did the Sumerians and Babylonians migrate so quickly.

Oh yeah my bad we already have the "First Scout Division" Yeah I was wondering about that, how did the Sumerians and Babylonians migrate so quickly.

What I thought initially that by adding the populations of the ruins they had migrated to the city but that isn't what happened. They added a citizen and there is a possibility that they will start migrating into the city to intermarry and such.

Hmmm other nationality in our Persian city will cause civil unrest if not checked. Wondering what will the King do

@Civleader? what now? we waiting for Plyplay665's new orders?

Another nationality at the moment would not be too bad, since tradition is only limited in its implementation (its adopted we havent gone down the road yet). However eventually the King of Kings should train a garrison in the capital to keep order.

Another nationality at the moment would not be too bad, since tradition is only limited in its implementation (its adopted we havent gone down the road yet). However eventually the King of Kings should train a garrison in the capital to keep order.

Yes. Although I am usually against it when there are so many other things to do, I think I am going to break down and find a time to build some garrisoned ones, maybe bring the Royal guards back once we've explored the surrounding area. Crime is just too bad, stealing from the King! What's next?

As for waiting for me, I don't think I have anything to do lol. Correct me if I'm wrong?

No you have made your orders King of Kings and nothing remains to be done on your part that I am aware.

As to crime the theft really was bound to happen because you have no palace guards. You should spend some money to hire palace guards (bodyguards) for yourself at least in addition to eventually getting a garrison, the cost to implement this is calculated to be equivalent to five gold talents although you can increase the price to make them more effective by hiring better men. They would also protect you should these vagabonds be even more corrupted by druj and the evils of he who is only death and actually seek to partake of the sacrilege of regicide, and attempt to attack your person (may it not be so).

OOC: he likely informed PlyPLay665 as gold is a private matter. One doesn;t generally go around telling people how much gold he has does he...

As to crime the theft really was bound to happen because you have no palace guards. You should spend some money to hire palace guards (bodyguards) for yourself at least in addition to eventually getting a garrison, the cost to implement this is calculated to be equivalent to five gold talents although you can increase the price to make them more effective by hiring better men. They would also protect you should these vagabonds be even more corrupted by druj and the evils of he who is only death and actually seek to partake of the sacrilege of regicide, and attempt to attack your person (may it not be so).

Yes, I have done so now, although I was under the impression in the first session that I was unable to do that. Not sure why.
As for as much, let's just say a lot.

OOC: that is unfortunate especially should that gold go to less than savoury purposes.

Oh I thought we lost gold from the Nation's treasury, hope the guards you hired will prevent further theft, my King.

Conclusion Update

The heralds of Persepolis tell of the news that happened this session:

With the robbery at the king, Security Forces have been hired to combat the increasing crime in the city. Crime Rates have been reduced significantly, though the security forces still have a lot of clean up to do in the city, and some people fear they might not be enough.

Still no news on the criminals who took the King's gold.

As for the social policy, Tradition was chosen, and a granary is to be built after the monument. If time is given, start the work of a group of workers, However, place the Great Library at top of Queue upon completion of researching Writing, unless whatever is being built has 3 or less turns until completion.

The name of the river is officially the Pârsa River.

With this, session 1 ends, and the Transition time begins. It might be longer than usual because I want to get some sleep.

I leave you with a game issue to vote on:
Should we make each session longer to 48 hours, making each turn 24 hours long?

I leave you with a game issue to vote on:
Should we make each session longer to 48 hours, making each turn 24 hours long?

I vote YES, it would be much less taxing on you personally compared to the previous timeframe considering especially the increasing complexity of the game that will occur as time goes on.

Top Bottom