State of the Union 2012- Live Commentary and Heckling.

I'm a little underwhelmed.

I mean, I was only half-way paying attention, but nothing really grabbed me.

7/10. Not that bad of a speach and he managed to avoid the repetative clapping that seem to plague most SotU speaches, but it wasn't very exciting.

Meh, I'll say you're underrating the power of being subtle. 8/10

5/10

He spoke. People clapped. It was boring. That is all.

I liked the speech.

Though I wish he threw in a bit more "angry Obama", angry Obama is the best.

8.5/10

Dammit. Now I have to hear the Fox News response. :(

Dammit. Now I need to hear the Fox News response. :(

"All the President talked about is introducing new programs and governmental agencies and as always, raising taxes on the wealthy. No surprises here."

Paraphrasing of what they just said. No surprises from those guys either. :p

Are the pundits saying anything insightful, or are they just pretending like they are important?

I don't know if you are saying that from actually seeing that or just because Fox News is incredibly predictable, but it's true. That's basically what they said. They also completely ignored anything about shrinking the Federal Bureaucracy, which is usually one of their favorite talking points.

6/10. I know that I'm not a target audience and I could missed something, but this wast mostly a generic...stuff that could be moulded into political program of most parties in most of the countries in the world.

BTW, I've thought that Obama have (or would take) more...bold stance on the immigration. It is because "they took our jobs" worries can get him points in both parties in current economy?

But kudos for the "White, black....republicans, democrats ...gays..." serving in our military. Or something like that.

I don't know if you are saying that from actually seeing that or just because Fox News is incredibly predictable, but it's true. That's basically what they said. They also completely ignored anything about shrinking the Federal Bureaucracy, which is usually one of their favorite talking points.

Yeah, I was watching Fox.

Now let's watch Mitch Daniels.

I only caught the last five minutes, and although the subject matter and apple pie imagery was certainly pretty gratuitous, he still seems to have the whole awesome orator thing down.

This wasn't targeted at his base. He's looking to recover the center & position himself to rebut (prebut?) the potential attacks from the right.

He praised the military. He defended the regulations that've been put in & Obamacare. He praised the military. He said the words "all of the above energy policy". He addressed Romney's tax rates by talking about Buffett. He praised the military. He promised lots & lots of tax credits. He asked for several bills that he'd sign tomorrow, gosh, if only this Congress would do something! Oh, & he praised the military.

He was talking to the middle, I think, not his base, & in that sense, I'd say it worked pretty well.

Top Bottom