What's the best theme in Civilization V?

CivLuvah

Deity
To answer this question, there will be a big poll to determine which them is the best of the best.

This is inspired by the Eurovision Song Contest. Each civilization gets "represented" in this big poll. Since each civilization has a peace and war theme, the big poll will be divided into three editions: The Peace Edition, the War Edition, and the Overall "Grand Finals" Edition.

Each edition has two semi-finals and a final. The final will be composed of the top twelve themes from each semi-final. Unlike the Peace and War Editions, the Overall Edition will be a combination of peace and war versions. Each civilization would still be "represented". Per civilization, between the two versions (peace and war), the version which has the most number of votes gets to be represented in the Overall Edition. Example: Between the two versions of Washington's theme, the peace version gets the most votes. Therefore it gets to "represent" America in the Overall Edition.

The theme with the most number of votes in the Overall "Grand Finals" Edition wins the title of "Best Theme" in the entire game. There will be also winners for "Best Peace Theme" and "Best War Theme".

This is just a promotional thread for the big poll. The big poll itself would last three weeks, with each edition occuring per week.

BIG POLL DATES:

PEACE EDITION: JULY 16, 18 & 20
WAR EDITION: JULY 23, 25 & 27
OVERALL "GRAND FINALS" EDITION: JULY 31 and AUGUST 1 & 3

While waiting, if you want to hear the themes, here's a playlist:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL57F96C3ECE58838E

Also, give your thoughts on who has the best theme in Civilization V.

Hey, that's a cool idea. I am very much looking forward to the contest :D

sadly 80% of the voters will be biased towards the Civ they have inherent affinity to.

Unlike the real Eurovision circlejerk, I think England should win. Not sure which is better, peace or war but they are my top 2. I am English so maybe a bit biased but still.

It's kinda hard to judge because they are so different, esp. when you compare the peace and war editions. It's like saying, is Romantic or Baroque music better? It's hard to say because they're such completely different things.

What is that song in the start menu, something choral and a lady singing?

That's the winner!

But I like a few others that will end up in the poll, better check them out again. :)

The polls will include G&K civs as well as the DLC civs.
I thought that the maximum amount of options in a poll is 25,total amount of civs are 34.

What is that song in the start menu, something choral and a lady singing?

That's the winner!
Totally agreed!
If you mean the main theme of Gods and Kings.

I thought that the maximum amount of options in a poll is 25,total amount of civs are 34.

Totally agreed!
If you mean the main theme of Gods and Kings.

I did, I love that song! Not being opera, it's like a bit gaelic in the sound and sense, I want to know more about it.

Anyone?

Yes, and I got out of that problem. Reread on how the big poll works above. There will be two semi-finals in each edition, with 17 civs each.

Just to remind you guys, the Civilization V Theme Contest starts tomorrow, July 16! Please tell your friends in Civfanatics to vote! We don't want any ties in the semi-finals' don't we? :D

The peace theme of Maya is simple,but very good to hear . But my both choices for this competition are the War theme of Netherlands,that is just too epic and the War theme of Maya,that is just too creepy . Another one from Vanilla who is worth mentioning is the War theme of Persia .

Top Bottom