Why AI cheats that much?

I have noticed that the AI seems to be able to attack with stacked units which I cannot do. They have a swordsman attack from a tile (so it's movement is up and it stays there). After that, a horseman comes in, attacks from the same tile where the swordsman is parked, and moves away after attacking. Sometimes they don't even move away, but there is only one unit in the tile the following turn so I assume it is being deleted to moved to a legal position on the map or something.

There are ways you can do this yourself now, but one unit will be kicked out at the end of the turn... But ya, not seeing much in this thread.

The AI cheats because it has too. It can't handle levels higher than Warlord without cheating.

The happiness system is too much for it.

I know the "displaced captured worker" thing. It's been around for some time, although I don't know if it was "implemented" or an "unfixed bug".

When you DoW an AI it does alot of really crazy stuff with workers. Alot of the time they run away off the coast and swim as far away as possible trying to hide from you. That's probably what happened in your case and when at peace they came back. What's really nutty is when you kill most of their military they just kinda forget about protecting the workers and have them pace about just inside your culture border. I don't really "get" that one.

The AI trades iron and you can, too. The AI gets iron from city states and you can, too.

Religion is possible very early, depending on the civ, from city state bonuses, holy natural wonders, etc, but also you have the game on immortal, so I'm pretty sure they start with some faith bonus in addition to production and growth.

I'd need to see a "zone of control exploit" to understand. Your other points were a little off-base and I'm suspicious of this. I can think of a couple situations... was "your unit" a naval unit? OR was the opponent Persia getting extra move during golden age and it appeared he moved past your unit, but actually moved "up, out, in"? That one throws people.

edit: I guess it's out, in, up.

Yeah, I think most of the things the OP claims to have happened don't make any sense (nor have I seen them), but this thing that you describe does happen, and it pisses me off.

I think OP actually lost a game to AI really badly so he rage quitted & now he is calling AI a moron because it cheated to win. :lol:

May I suggest OP to lower his difficulty to one which suits him. No one is going to reward u if u play on max difficulty, just play one the one which suits ur play style & which is most fun for u. I had one friend who played RoN on max difficulty, he lost & then said RoN sucks. He was quite obsessed about difficulty levels & I could not understand what is the problem in playing on a lower difficulty & then slowly leveling up. :)

cuz its bad, barely able to play the game

it's so bad it has to be on chieftain level even on prince difficulty.

Hi,

How about iron units without having built a single iron mine? (ps the moment you 'see' the enemy iron sites that are without mines, it stops producing iron units. It only does so if you haven't scan the map yet)

AI trying to invade a city, and it's swordsman moves 2 tiles, next to my units and attacks the city on the 2nd move. While when I attack, I have 1 tile move if enemy units are in adjusted tiles at same situation!!!!

Or the turn they capture workers, the worker is already 2 tiles (even if are difficult ground!!!!) away before my turn starts! (ps that happens only on AI civs, not Barbarians AI somehow)

Or better. After I squeeze every single gold from them on peace (0 left), suddenly next turn, an army of workers appears from nowhere and starts repair the whole empire. With clearly seeing the workers coming out of the cities in droves (2 on cities, 3 on capital). And couldn't hide them in the cities, because only archer units were in the AI cities, and whole area was surrounded by my cavalry burning his lands! (hence seeing the madness when signed peace). 1upt I still believe is in game!

The ai cheats like crazy but all the above isnt cheating he does

There are no city states in game (i turn them off, but I add an extra 3 civs).

Iron could be OK, but early religion isn't.
At marathon you need around 100 turns for pantheon minimum. Get shrine as tech + build it. The you need around 60-80 faith points. To get the prophet for the religion, without even having a holy mountain (I took it on my second city) and only 2 cities AI, is impossible.

I saw an AI upgrading his religion by the turn 125 on diety, marathon speed ;)

I THINK it was Pacal

One thing that is definitely a cheat is the AI is able to delete a worker the instant it captures it. Yet if I capture a worker I can't delete it until the following turn because it's out of moves when captured.

Top Bottom