Active players ?

Hey everybody!

I missed this thread!!! With two friends we want to build a new group in order to gather a maximum of players!

The group is on Comodo Unite, it works exactely like Hamachi but allows more than 5 players.

civ2multi2
pass: civ2

We too use the simultaneous option!

Got 49 games on going, gotta try and finally end some of them. CivII is still an excellent game to play.

Still playing!
I've tried a few of the other Civ games but haven't liked any as well as 2.
Married with 3 teenagers and still find time to play now and again. Though I don't often get to finish a game in one sitting.
Haven't managed to get any of the kids interested in playing yet though.

I only just started playing Civ2 yesterday, and while I got the basics of movement down pretty quick, there's still so much fundamental and basic things I don't know. Pretty far from ever joining in on the Game of the Month games (Which all appear to be set at the highest difficulties) or any multiplayer action.

I don't know if that qualifies me as 'active' but I have a functional copy of the game :)

I only just started playing Civ2 yesterday, and ... Pretty far from ever joining in on the Game of the Month games (Which all appear to be set at the highest difficulties) or any multiplayer action.
GOTMs indeed tend to be mostly at King or Emperor or Deity levels. Every once in a while we play the lower levels too.

If you have played other Civs before, it will not take you long to catch up and there is no better way to learn than see how other people play the same game that you are playing. We do keep logs on our games and discuss strategy decisions all the time.

i've started up again.
played a lot of civ and more of civ2 after it came out.
then i tried 3 and 4 when they came out but never enjoyed them as much.

just found this forum and am thinking of doing some GOTMs
i'm sure i'm not playing at as high a level as the guys there but i'll give it a try

GOTMs indeed tend to be mostly at King or Emperor or Deity levels. Every once in a while we play the lower levels too.

If you have played other Civs before, it will not take you long to catch up and there is no better way to learn than see how other people play the same game that you are playing. We do keep logs on our games and discuss strategy decisions all the time.

I 'unno how useful "strategy" will be for me at the moment... I'm still learning how to move units and build cities!

I only just figured out I could move units in directions other than up/down and left/right, and figured out how to re-assign a city's production. Going into in-depth strategic choices and late game material and fancy tricks and whatnot... Way too much for me at the moment ^^

The "New Users tips/tricks" thread I looked at was way over my head. :sad:

just found this forum and am thinking of doing some GOTMs
i'm sure i'm not playing at as high a level as the guys there but i'll give it a try
Looking forward to seeing you there. GOTM 150 is active and GOTM 151 has been posted.

I 'unno how useful "strategy" will be for me at the moment... I'm still learning how to move units and build cities!

I only just figured out I could move units in directions other than up/down and left/right, and figured out how to re-assign a city's production. Going into in-depth strategic choices and late game material and fancy tricks and whatnot... Way too much for me at the moment ^^

The "New Users tips/tricks" thread I looked at was way over my head. :sad:
Indeed your assessment is correct. You need to be well versed with the mechanics of the game first.

playing atm on my second game through - was supposed to be a quick nostalgia trip but omg i got hooked by thegame and all the new strats around i never knew how horrible wrong i was at playing this back in the days

I play on several computers. Mostly ToT, but occasionaly a GotM grabs my interest and I'll play it. Several years ago there was ToT GotM with the Goblins. Wish there were more. I lurk regularly, but seldom comment. jonel1111

Still playing Civ and still try to do a decent Early Landing Game (before 1500 A.D.).

I read that the record belongs to Samson that sent the space ship near to 16A.D., however, I am not so perfectionist, and I would be satisfied if I could to send a space ship near 1500 A.D.

I read a lot of articles in apolyton and civfantics foruns which improve a lot my knowledge of the civilization II (I recommend the Solo’s guide, which in my opinion is the more complete guide that I saw: http://apolyton.net/showthread.php/82209-Early-Landing-Games-Strategy-Guide), but I still have not succeeded in launch a space ship before 1500 A.D, in fact my record at deity level is just near of 1800 A.D. Apparently I have some difficult in management and rush my caravans.

Recently I discovered the ProfCiv's youtube channel (I think here in the civfanatics he is known as Prof. Garfield) with fantastic game play, which helped me a lot to fully understand the potential of caravans to rush discoveries (thks Garfield), but I did not find any game play about an Early Landing Game at youtube, and I would like to ask to the civ’s community if someone could do a commented gameplay about an ELG and post on youtube, I would appreciate a lot this and would help me to understand my main flaws and finally get to my goal that is construct a space ship before 1500 A.D.

Yes, actually Civ II has a little renaisance for me and right now is the Civ game I play most. Considering the time it was created this sure is one of the best designed strategy games ever. And once you get the hang of it (again), it's just so much fun...

Onfoot,

Launching before 1500 is indeed very challenging. Samson actually launched in year 1 which is the earliest possible since the game does not allow building space ship parts before year 1.

By far the best way to hone your technique is to join the on going Game of the Month. We not only play the same game but also post logs and status updates. You can see how others play the same game and what techniques they use. Prof. Garfield is one of our off and on players. GOTM 155 is winding down. GOTM 156 is active and 157 just got posted.

ALWAYS have Civ2 installed on the computer, have two copies of Ultimate Civilization Classic collection as well as TOT (both installed) - to me it is the greatest out of all the civilizations for multiplayer.

A cheap laptop with XP can be purchased for as little as £40 nowadays, which is no different from buying a computer game. We just link them all up and play through the weekend :goodjob:

Top Bottom