Kerbal Space Program

NEAR... FAR...

Spoiler :
:culture: wherever you are :culture:

But yeah, one of the aerodynamic models. It was previously announced as a focus for the developers, so I think it's a safe bet they are looking at what the community developed here.

There are a number of amazing mods they should integrate in the game. I wonder what sort of deal would they make wih the modders though. Obviously they deserve some remuneration.

Looks like I guessed wrong. Those are some pretty nice looking spaceplane parts, although I hope there is some aerodynamics work done to go along with them.

Is KSP developed by a Spanish company or maybe from Latin America? They all are spanish names.

BTW, i was trying to place in orbit a massive rocket of about 3000 tons at launch, of course there was some equally massive problems with performance and crashes due to not enough memory, so as final attempt i tried with the x64 version, and wow! performance improvement was even more massive! It is sad x64 is so plagged with bugs for now.

KSP is made by Squad Inc. a company based in Mexico City.

Is KSP developed by a Spanish company or maybe from Latin America? They all are spanish names.

BTW, i was trying to place in orbit a massive rocket of about 3000 tons at launch, of course there was some equally massive problems with performance and crashes due to not enough memory, so as final attempt i tried with the x64 version, and wow! performance improvement was even more massive! It is sad x64 is so plagged with bugs for now.

Install ATM and watch all of your memory worries disappear

Already using it, its a need if like me you are using a gazillion of mods with the x86 version, but even then it will reach the 3.5 gigs memory limit easily and CTD, however with x64 and 16GB of RAM it is not needed anymore. There are other many issues though, like the irritating mouse right click bug, which goes me mad. :wallbash:

I've been lusting after this game for awhile should I get it via steam or just reg version?

I think they are moving over to Steam distribution entirely (you can convert your regular version to Steam but not vice-versa). Both versions are identical, but you are probably saving yourself time in the long run if you go Steam up-front. Steam also patches more quickly when the game updates, sometimes it takes a day or two through the official KSP servers because too many people update at once.

False. Converting to Steam was only if you bought it prior to April (of 2013 IIRC, but either way it's too late now).

Steam definitely has the better servers, but sometimes you might not want the auto-update because they definitely have the potential to corrupt your save files. This can be easily mitigated in several ways, however. Steam is purely a distribution measure in this case, not a form of DRM; you can create additional folders for it elsewhere.

Ah, did not know that.

I ended up converting to Steam for the 0.24 release, I had bought the game awhile back, I think around 0.20 or maybe 0.19.

Yep, i bought it on Steam some time ago, but never launch it through Steam but clicking directly on ksp.exe. So Steam is only to download and update it, but once KSP is installed in your HD it is not needed anymore.

BTW i am experimenting with the linux version now. It seems better in all senses, better performance, better stability, all mods work the same. It is 64 bits without all the windows bugs and glitches. However i have read somewhere it still cant manage big amounts of RAM because it uses some 32 bits libraries or something, it was an old post and i am not sure this is still valid or not though. Anyway i will stick to the Linux version for now. :goodjob:

Game doesn't run beautifully on my iMac, might it be worth it for me to try Linux? I know nothing about Linux but I'd like to learn at some point.

Today Linux distros are not like they once were. Ubuntu for instance is as easy to install and use as windows or macOS. Even easier in some aspects. I recommend you to try it! Dont know how macs work but propbably you could have a dual instalation.

About KSP, i have been playing a heavily modded game on unbutu for a couple of weeks now without a single crash! i barely can believe it.

could be worth a try, but i doubt performance will change meaningfully.

I would say it is slower than DirectX on windows but faster than OpenGL on windows. (Linux KSP only runs on OpenGL logically). The big improvement is stability.

KSP goes Beta!

Next update is not 0.26 but 0.90! Which means all main features are already added and remaining work will consist on adding more content like planets, biomes, parts... and polishing it all for better performance and stability.

So it seems KSP is finally maturing. Kudos for Squad, the most amazing game developers!

Top Bottom