Weekend Specials Online

Tried out Panzer General Online, given that its Bluebyte and SSI game.
Not what I expected, its a three lane, turn based tactical game with collectable units. Its free to play but uses facebook energy mechanic.

Beginning it is like an easy slot machine game, then it ramped up really quickly with your unit building, tactical planing, terrain and number counting. So far really fun, random rewards are nice, unit upgrading requirements are crazy, but I assume later on you earn a lot more resources cause its impossible for me to upgrade anything. All the Single player missions are fun so far, there are road blocks so expect some grinding of missions for money.

Worth checking out if your like tactical turn based war games.

Bundle store is having some PI games on sale, including EUIV and a number of its major DLCs: http://www.bundlestars.com/store/publisher/paradox-interactive/

Pharaoh+ cleopatra or Ceasar 3?

The latter came before the former, for what it's worth. Personally, I prefer the former only because it was one of the first serious games I got as a kid and I played hours of it. I also still really like the haunting ambient soundtrack of Pharaoh, even though it's old it still brings out that atmosphere few other games can.

Steam Sale ! :D

Anyone tried Crypt of the Necrodancer?

edit: Sid Meier's Pirates! €2.49 ..lets see how the remake holds up.

Steam sale. Heh heh, none of the games I'm interested in are on sale at a low enough price, so let's just see how this plays out...

And of course there's always the winter sale next month.

yeah it will probably be $2 again for christmas

Still worth it for $4 even if it doesn't.

I really hope it doesn't end up as a daily deal at xmas, everyone and their dog has it now and Valve seems intent on wasting enough daily deal slots on crappy games and discounts as it is.

multwinia, darwinia, defcon, and uplink for $2

Haven't played any yet but multiwinia looks promising and defcon looks fun.. and each game good positive reviews. Worth looking at

edit: If you're wondering what kinda games multiwinia and darwinia are, I installed multiwinia and it's actually kinda fun. The object is to send your armies to control spawn points, which can produce more armies. You designate some of your soldiers to be generals, and those generals can hold up flags to tell the other armies to go in a certain direction.. and probably other things I haven't figured out yet. You can also place turrets and do other weird things. The graphics are strange and almost offputting, but somehow it all sort of works. I got my $2's worth out of it already and will probably try different levels and play it again.

Spoiler :

Russian ruple has tanked so, Ru steam game prices are all really low.
For comparison Valkyrie Chronical is $20 but you can get it for $10 off the steam Ru store.

And then get stuck with a Russian copy... which in some cases means Russian language only and/or only being able to play MP against *shudders* russians.

Also could result in problems with your Steam account being locked.

Pretty good deals on Banner Saga and Endless Legend on Steam today... Dungeon of the Endless looks good too.. :hmm:

And then get stuck with a Russian copy... which in some cases means Russian language only and/or only being able to play MP against *shudders* russians.

Also could result in problems with your Steam account being locked.

Thats why I buy from Steam traders with long sales history and an very old steam account.
And you check the game you want to buy from the Steam Ru store if it is Region specific before buying.

Its not like buying Advanced wars in Mexico, Steam traders had trade history and you can check Years of service on there steam profile.

Legend of Grimrock II 25% off on Steam now. Not a great sale, but it's not that expensive to begin with. It's supposed to be real good too. Anyone tried it?

No, I don't. Even if the sale isn't great, I still believe the game is a bargain. I just don't have the time to play it atm.

I have only played the first grimrock. It's ok, it's not exactly my type of game but I think it does what it set out to do quite well. Played it about 6 hours, haven't beaten it yet. I wouldn't pay more than $5 for the second just cus I prefer 3rd person rpgs over the 1st person dungeon crawl.

Some of the steam deals are good, planetary annihilation is down to $6 for example, skyrim is $5 but everyone has it. Just a lot of stuff on sale that most of us have!

Origin though is also running a pretty big sale. Titanfall is $5. Anyone played it? I'm not a big fps fan, but titans look cool! Is the campaign any good?

Also VERY interesting, LEGO star wars complete saga and LEGO star wars clone wars are both on sale for $10 on origin. That's half off. It's not a spectacular deal for some games almost 10 years old (complete saga is a combo of star wars [which is episodes 1-3] and star wars 2 [episodes 3-6]. The first came out in 2005, though the saga compilation is 2007. I bought star wars 2 on disc in 2007 for $20 and it's the same base price today for the digital version), these games are NEVER on sale via steam. I think it's cus lucasarts is the publisher and owned by disney now and they don't have good negotiations with steam but I digress. If you have been wanting these a while now might be your best price for them.

Top Bottom