[SCENARIO] Feudal Japan - Sengoku-Jidai

please add info about map size to the first post, it's very important for lots of peoples :)
will check this out :)

it has come to my attention that Toyotomi and Imagawa r both creative and organized, and I think that sucks and was not intended... so if I'm right, u should fix it.
I also noticed how everyone just loved each and shunned the player (me), no matter what I did. I played as Toyotomi Hideyoshi, so, historically, at least the Oda clan might have favoured me. This wasn't exactly a problem until I built the Bakufu, assuring my own diplomatic defeat.
Something should be made about the leader's faces. I mean I kind of grew sick of Tokugawa's face after a while, but that's secondary, since it doesn't affect gameplay.
Apart from that, ur mod kicked ass! way to go.:goodjob:

I don't see how them being creative and organised is a problem, aside from having two leaders who are essentially the same?

Strange about the AI being extra-friendly. I specifically tried to make the players unhappy with each other in the interest of promoting conflict - however, I did change the leaderhead file, making the AI more willing to make trades, sign pacts, etc. etc. despite unfriendliness (i.e. a lower threshold on those relations - rather than having to be friendly, the AI can be cautious) - I didn't want the fighting to make diplomacy impossible as a result of the computer being too bitter to deal with you at all.

MusX - I can't tell you off the top of my head, but the map is slightly smaller than the grid-like graphic in the first post (the scenario excludes Hokkaido). The preview shots should also give you an idea of how small it is.

aside from having two leaders who are essentially the same?

that IS the problem... nothing REALLY serious, but still...

I didn't want the fighting to make diplomacy impossible as a result of the computer being too bitter to deal with you at all.

yet, that is what happened. they were all annoyed at me, and friendly towards each other. at some point masamune went to war agaisnt tokugawa, but that was the only time two AI's fought each other, and the only war I wasn't involved in.

After playing a couple of rounds, I feel like this is a great scenario, but also with rooms to expand, for ex:

- How about making an UU for each faction? The Takeda can have the famous Takeda Calvary, and Oda can have the Oda Muskeeters, and Hojo could have a group of ninjas on their side..
- Family Crests(Mons) as flags
- Maybe making Uesugi and Takeda default at war at each other? This may solves some problems with AIs all like each other
- Give great generals some strength points and make them officers; so they may be used as regular units when not commanding a unit

Downloaded, nothing changes except Units and Tokugawa is now Tokugawa Ieaysu, some techs and the civics. Civs and map don't change. What do I do? And yes, uncached.

have you run scenario? or just load mod? I remember i run this game just double clicking on the file

about half way through my game all the resources, improvements, and cities turned black and stayed that way throughout the game. I tried saving / exiting / reloading the saved game (without exiting the mod or warlords) and everything was still blackened out.

Not game crashing but kind of ruined the visual aspect of a Japan wide war within such a great mod!

ideas on how to fix / avoid in the future?

What type of victory do most of you get on this scenario? I really love this scenario but I lose almost every game to a diplomatic victory by the AI. I usually play on emperor and have about 2/5 of the map conquered and vassaled when suddenly the AI is elected shogun and wins the game. Any tips on how to get around this and head off an AI diplomatic victory?

Another question...has this been updated for BTS compatability?

Highly unlikely that I'll get around to converting this into BtS anytime soon. It would be at least May before I had the time to look at it again. Since the mod is already a little rough, I'd likely have to rebuild it from the ground up - and relearn everything since I haven't been doing any modding since releasing this.

If I ever have the time though, I would probably give it a go - I'd especially like to play around with events and the espionage system. But don't anybody hold their breath.

Hello! Your Map is great!:goodjob:

I'm really sorry about this part of the scenario - I never did find the correct way to get a mod/scenario to load like the official Warlords scenarios.

I think I can help you:
Just rename the Sengoku-Jidai Mod folder Public Maps in PublicMaps!!!:scan:
Just delete the space between Public and Maps!!!;)

while having CIV IV Complete edition, I could not play the game at all, i Succesfully installed the mod, run it, but either have "Play Game" grayed out, or (while loading world builder file) im defeated at start.

Top Bottom