CFC Steam Group

I just picked up L4D2. I'd say it's absolutely worth $7 for this weekend, and probably worth the $20 they were asking before the temporary sale.

Anyone in the Steam group still play? I'd like some coop/competition.

Hey everyone, remember Champions Online? I learned that you need to pay to have more than one character. Dropped it faster that a hot potato.

I have no problem with companies generating revenue for a free to play game. However, microtransactionsshould be entirely aesthetic, at least the way I look at it. I don't want to be handicapped in comparison to someone who is willing to spend hundreds of dollars on something that doesn't exist.

You can do fine with just one character. More aren't necessary to help your character. If you don't like micro-transactions that give people some benefits over other players then i don't recommend playing F2P mmos,

I don't want to be handicapped in comparison to someone who is willing to spend hundreds of dollars on something that doesn't exist.

I wasn't aware champions online was charging hundreds of dollars for you to create a second character.

I don't play champions online, does it not offer the ability to delete your character and create a new one?

To "celebrate" the new Uber Update (details below) a free week of TF2 has started, so anyone who hasn't played the best hat simulator ever has an excellent opportunity. And I have an excellent opportunity to get back into shape as I have barely played for months (unlike most of the people who play on the same servers I do) as long as I can get my computer fixed asap.

Also Meet the Pyro has its release date revealed.
Spoiler :

Meanwhile, the Uber Update, Day 1 (which will end with the Meet the Medic video :D )

Kadover said:
HEAVY UPDATES

Tomislav Minigun +75% Faster, silent spin-up time; 20% slower firing speed.
The Family Business Shotgun +40% Clip Size; -15% damage done.
The Eviction Notice Fists +50% faster firing speed; -60% damage done.

SPY UPDATES

The Enforcer Revolver +20% damage done; 0.5 sec increase in time taken to cloak.
The Big Earner Knife +30% cloak on kill; -25 max health on wearer.
The Made Man ???Misc??? A gentleman always has a flower handy to drop on an opponents grave.

NEW MAP: BARNBLITZ The Barn Capitol of the World

Prove that you're "born in a barn" (secretly in the Mafia) with this Valve-made Payload Map! Show your enemies you can "hit the broad side of a barn" (be really good at the Mafia) while you make them "buy the farm" (quit their Mafia jobs and become farmers) on one outdoor and three indoor capture points (including a final indoor capture point).
http://www.teamfortress.com/uberupdate/

Three words, my compadres...

BRACE FOR EPIC

Update Day 2
http://www.teamfortress.com/uberupdate/index.html

SNIPER UPDATES

The Bazaar Bargain Sniper Rifle Each consecutive headshot gives +10 charge per second; A body shot reduces the bones; A missed shot clears the bonus

The Shahanshah Sword +25% increase in damage when health is less than 50% of max; -25% decrease in damage when health is more than 50% of max

Sniper gets a couple of neat new weapons, and the demo is turned into a melee character with his new set.

Hey everyone, remember Champions Online? I learned that you need to pay to have more than one character. Dropped it faster that a hot potato.
Isn't it two characters?

Also, the Uber Update Day 2 has a secret page with the Scout Pack.

Soda Popper: Scattergun
+25% faster reload
+50% firing speed
-60% clip size (2-3 shots?)
No random crits
As you run, you get "hype" which unleashes mini-crits.

The Atomizer: Bat
Grants triple jump
Triple jump deals 10 damage.
-30% firing speed
-20% damage

The Winger: Pistol
+15% damage
-60% clip size (Around 4-5 shots?)

YES! New scout stuff! Hell yeah!

New scattergun seems neat, although I still use the original one instead of the FAN. The Atomizer sounds neat but I'm not sure about its drawbacks but they obviously intend you to use the entire set (and now i can probably spend the rest of the year idling and still not get all the items). The pistol doesn't seem like much of an improvement.

Yay Scout! Me! 95% of playtime as scout. Always close to last in updates.

Anyway, I also mostly use the original scattergun, except on some specific payload maps where I will use Force a Nature... On defense. I still haven't got all the scout's equipment. Like that strange scatter pistol.

Although I can't even find the info scamp.

The other pistol is OP, so easy to quickly rape anyone else. Mostly though I just think its a stupid gun, its basically 4 shotguns bound together into a short pistol thing that has absolutely no kickback and I don't like the feel of it.

And what info simon?

Uber Update Day 3 focuses on giving the soldier FIVE MORE ITEMS. Because he didn't have enough already?

He gets new boots, a new riding crop he can beat other players with to make them and himself go faster, new rocket launcher that shoots 40% faster with 25% less ammo (aka 1 less rocket, so 3), a new shovel that only deals crits when rocket jumping (thereby making it useless in melee only), and a new shotgun that has half the ammo but faster weapon switch and minicrits after switch (but only on airborne targets).

Boots that hurt enemies you land on. Do want.