Kerbal Space Program

You could send rovers down to search for a good landing site. That actually makes it more realistic.

The more I look at Cardgame's rocket, the more I want to download some mods. It looks soooo freaking cool.

Ha, you think that looks good?

Spoiler :

fixed cameras up in here

beautiful

[](/awwyeah)

You could send rovers down to search for a good landing site. That actually makes it more realistic.

Makes scouting actually necessary. I like it.

Also, have you seen anything about them moving Moho and creating a new Mercury-equivalent? Maybe Moho will be the Pluto-equivalent in this system now.

**INCOMING TRANSMISSION**

.18 IS OUT. I REPEAT, .18 IS OUT.

**TRANSMISSION ENDS**

There goes my weekend.

I keep getting a server-side error when I try to download the patch. :undecide:

EDIT: Never mind, got it downloading in a different folder. Don't know how to sync stuff up afterwards, though, crossing fingers for an obvious solution.

Just tested 0.18 - its EPIC! :D

Now I have just to figure out how to use that Ion engine...

Here's a communications satellite. I wasn't expecting the solar array I picked to be so big, though...

Attachments

• screenshot0.png
    screenshot0.png
    405.6 KB · Views: 481
I keep getting a server-side error when I try to download the patch. :undecide:

EDIT: Never mind, got it downloading in a different folder. Don't know how to sync stuff up afterwards, though, crossing fingers for an obvious solution.
I got the same thing, I had to redownload a link to the patcher because the one I had wouldn't connect to the server.

But it's downloading now.
**INCOMING TRANSMISSION**

.18 IS OUT. I REPEAT, .18 IS OUT.

**TRANSMISSION ENDS**

There goes my weekend.
There goes the rest of my semester.
Makes scouting actually necessary. I like it.

Also, have you seen anything about them moving Moho and creating a new Mercury-equivalent? Maybe Moho will be the Pluto-equivalent in this system now.

I am really, really, really looking forward to sending out probes Voyager-style. Does anyone know if the new parts allow you to do mapping missions?

Also, the only thing I've heard about changes to Moho was that they were going to take away it's atmosphere to make it more Mercury like. I haven't heard anything about making it Pluto-like. They basically have to take away the atmosphere because even though it's thin, it keeps your engines overheating even when not in use.

Hey, where are the electric engines and Xenon fuel?

Edit: Found it. However, the Communotron (umbrella antenna) is not in any of the menus - or at least I couldn't find it. I can only get it by loading up the sample satellite and copying the part.

I just landed on the Mun, launched 2 satellites and am working on my first ever rover! :)

The umbrella is the heavier and more advanced comm relay piece. It looks like a folded umbrella ;)

Also, the only thing I've heard about changes to Moho was that they were going to take away it's atmosphere to make it more Mercury like. I haven't heard anything about making it Pluto-like. They basically have to take away the atmosphere because even though it's thin, it keeps your engines overheating even when not in use.

What I read was that the new Moho is going to be more Mercury like, but the old Moho is still going to be in the game somewhere. They are just going to place it somewhere else in the system.

Also, new KSP is far too intensive for my laptop--I have been successively lowering the graphics and trying to launch the first part of a space station, and the lag is far too intense for me to do anything. So I have to sit this out until my new laptop arrives (in maybe a week or two, don't know yet).

It took a while for me to find the satellite dish, but I found it. It's at the top left of the Science tab.

In other news, I'm working on my space station. Or, more specifically, the rocket to get my station into orbit.

What I read was that the new Moho is going to be more Mercury like, but the old Moho is still going to be in the game somewhere. They are just going to place it somewhere else in the system.

Also, new KSP is far too intensive for my laptop--I have been successively lowering the graphics and trying to launch the first part of a space station, and the lag is far too intense for me to do anything. So I have to sit this out until my new laptop arrives (in maybe a week or two, don't know yet).
That's too bad Antilogic. It actually runs with less lag on my computer... :sad:

I haven't tried building a station yet, but I do have a rover on the Mun now.
The umbrella is the heavier and more advanced comm relay piece. It looks like a folded umbrella ;)

Where is the comm relay piece? Under what menu?

My first try at a Rover mission was incredibly easy. I tested the rover at the launch site before sending it off on an SRB. My launcher wasn't optimised and I missed the launch window, but after a couple of orbits I got an encounter and touched down. Now worrying about doing a return means I was able to keep my tiny new engines at a low constant throttle all the way down. Touchdown was the easiest landing yet.

Spoiler :

This is the cruise stage

This is the landing stage

Plenty of go-juice left :D

To seperate the rover from the lander, I use one of the smallest decouplers, then raise wheels and landing gear until I pop off the lander.

Successful separation!

I keep the landing legs up - they form a roll cage around the RTG. Anytime this tips over, I can just raise or lower the legs and landing gears and voila, I'm upright!

I'd say this mission was wildly successful. The rover runs with linear RCS thrusters with 125 units of fuel. The thrusters barely sip go-juice so this thing can just keep rolling forever. Plus, the RTG fully powers all the lights and SAS so I can operate at night.

I'm just going to let it roll towards a crater and poke around.

This game doesn't want me to have a life. :lol:

Attachments

• rover cruise stage.jpg
    rover cruise stage.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 477
  • rover braking.jpg
    rover braking.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 480
  • rover landing stage.jpg
    rover landing stage.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 435
  • rover deployment.jpg
    rover deployment.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 486
  • touchdown Rover 1.jpg
    touchdown Rover 1.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 438
  • no fuel worries.jpg
    no fuel worries.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 423
  • ready to cruise.jpg
    ready to cruise.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 476
  • safe mode.jpg
    safe mode.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 443
Haha, brilliant!
Care to upload that ship?

I have currently brought Landsat-3 into Kerbin orbit and I am working to get another satellite to Mun. Then I will try to create some sort of low-gravity hover-vessel with the new Ion engine. Really love that thing, it looks so cool. :D

Btw, that electricity requirement is nasty. Forgot to unfold sunsails and lost my first Mun spacecraft. x(

The SkyMir space station:

My next project: the Interplanetary MotthaShip, which I will use on a mission to at least two of Jool's moons at the same time. It's going be amazing.

Attachments

• screenshot1.png
    screenshot1.png
    416.3 KB · Views: 441
I've successfully rendezvouzed about three separate craft, but only docked one pair. Pseudodock, really, since the junior ports don't mate with the bigger ones, but it looked exactly like real vids of docking so I'm sure it would've connected if I had the ports right. Oh well.

First messings about with rendezvouz-ing and docking.

Put a small space station in orbit around the mun, and sent a lander meant to land and then rendezvouz again. Stranded it on the surface. Excellent excuse for a multi-purpose rescue mission!
Spoiler :

Docked, and then after a bit of assembly, an unecessarily huge and unsymmetric space station!
Spoiler :

The rescue lander un-docks and lands, the stranded kerbal arrives and two use the lauch pod, leaving one kerbal in a beginning of a permanent moon base that also has fuel to reach the station should the need arrive.
Spoiler :

And docked back at the space station.
Spoiler :

Top Bottom