Super Smash Bros. is coming to the Wii U and 3DS

3DS version may result in less characters for the two games? What, why would that even be necessary? Just have some extra characters exclusive for the Wii U if it's so difficult.

If it's down to 20-30 characters because of this, I'll definately be disappointed.

3DS version may result in less characters for the two games? What, why would that even be necessary? Just have some extra characters exclusive for the Wii U if it's so difficult.

If it's down to 20-30 characters because of this, I'll definately be disappointed.

I believe in this video he says the two versions will have the same character roster, but different stages

The official site is running!

Edit: Sakurai speaks!

Link to video.

...and yes that is the Wii Fit trainer. This is going to be fun and mad! :D

Sorry for a double post but OMN has seven sets of information to consider. One being no tripping but also of how there is no plots for DLC and how the two versions may not be launched at the same time.

1. Customized characters?! **** YES!!! I've been hoping for something like that since Brawl. :D
2. That's a relief.
3. Uh-oh, that's not good. Also, I hope Snake and Sonic will appear even though adding Third-Party characters is not a priority.
4. Woohoo! I don't have to buy one half of the game then the other half as DLC!
5. Music to my ears.
6. Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS are terrible names.
7. Ah well, you can't win 'em all. Also, Ice Climbers are now coming back? I couldn't be any more indifferent.

While I have no intentions of getting a Wii U (unless, of course, somebody makes a new F-Zero game, something that I give an approximately 2% chance of happening), i'm still watching this closely.

If Wii Fit Trainer of all people could make it into SSB, that certainly opens up a lot of possible doors character-wise.

I'd expect an additional 2-3 third party characters in this one. Mega Man is confirmed. In that case, who is/are the other(s)?

It would fulfill a long time fanboy's dream to see Rare characters in SSB, which also has an approximately 2% chance of happening thanks to Rare being a subsidiary of Microsoft these days.

I just want Alexandra Roivas from Eternal Darkness.

Wii Fit Trainer is also great.

If Wii Fit Trainer of all people could make it into SSB, that certainly opens up a lot of possible doors character-wise.

I'd expect an additional 2-3 third party characters in this one. Mega Man is confirmed. In that case, who is/are the other(s)?

I think I've already stated my hopes.

It would fulfill a long time fanboy's dream to see Rare characters in SSB, which also has an approximately 2% chance of happening thanks to Rare being a subsidiary of Microsoft these days.

Never Forget.

I just want Alexandra Roivas from Eternal Darkness.

In my opinion, that would be a bit strange yet pretty cool.

They're making daily updates with uninspirering screenshots, so that's something. :D

Well, they said they would be doing it, but... Perhaps that's only later?

I'd love to see some info on items, stages and such until the next character reveal.

That news is at least a week old. If you're going to necro a thread with news, necro when its brand new. :p

The "old news" had not been reported though here, so it had to be done.

Anyway: I did for Pikmin 3 which I am currently loving but since there is no Pikmin 3 threads at the moment (and I am too lazy ATM to make one) I will in a off topic fashion say it here. :D

Anyway: I look forward to SSB4! :D

In other news, there will be no story mode because Sakurai is disappointed that people uploaded it's cutscenes to youtube.

His argument was that the cutscenes were the main beef of the storymode, and that watching it online it ruined it for people who saw it before getting the game.

In other news, there will be no story mode because Sakurai is disappointed that people uploaded it's cutscenes to youtube.

His argument was that the cutscenes were the main beef of the storymode, and that watching it online it ruined it for people who saw it before getting the game.

Yeah, I don't really like this logic. Because some people enjoy experiencing the game differently than him, he's going to pack up shop and let no one enjoy it. This is something a six year old would do, not the maker of the best fighting game :\

I feel like this is the exact reason tripping and all the other anti-competitive crap in Brawl was included. He views the game as a casual party game, and instead of embracing the competitive angle he tries to stamp it out because "they're doing it wrong". It's only Sakurai and Nintendo shooting themselves in the foot for no reason.

Still, to be honest I had other problems with SSE anyways, namely how they barely bothered to include anything from the game series besides a few bosses and Mario enemies, so I don't care too much. Still, the bad logic is bad logic.

I doubt they would have done anything interesting with a story mode anyway. people complain about single player games with a stuck on multiplayer mode, is this not just the opposite?

I doubt they would have done anything interesting with a story mode anyway. people complain about single player games with a stuck on multiplayer mode, is this not just the opposite?

It is to me. I am undoubtly a bit peeved by Sakurai's arrogance however.

Still, there have been rumours that there will be an adventure mode similar to the one in melee. That one was very good, so it'd probably be a fine addition to make up for it.

It is coming out on 3DS, which people do have.

Top Bottom