What game has your favorite soundtrack?

Civ001

Chieftain
Hi, I would like to know, what games have you played that have your favorite soundtrack to them?

Here are some of mine: EVE Online, Civ IV, Homeworld, Endless Space, Jak II.

What about you?

Still Alive by Johnathan Coulton is amazing. It even has a game that comes with it too!

Are you kidding? World of warcraft hands down. They sold the soundtrack on cd like it was a movie soundtrack it was so good.

I really like the old ocarina of time songs too.

"Stones" from the Ultima series will always get my imagination going.

Baba Yetu, the opening title for Civ 4, is fantastic.

The music for Planetside 1 was great.

Those are the ones that come to mind immediately. I'm sure there are lots of other great songs / soundtracks.

The first Empire Earth has in my opinion a very good soundtrack because it capture the feel of the game very well, its main meny music is still the best and most rememorable meny music I have heard.

First thing that comes to mind is Chrono Cross. I think the soundtrack was in many ways the best part of the entire game.

I'm a fan of Deus Ex's soundtrack. Civilization IV also does really well on the soundtrack front, particularly with the Vanilla start screen. Another game that's really good on the main menu sound is Crusader Kings II. Both it and Civ4 have the perfect combination of main menu and music.

It is a tie between Morrowind, Deus Ex(original or HR), Civ4, Disciples II or Two Worlds.

Link to video.

Tropico 2 has the awesomness of Tropico soundtracks with extra pirateyness and just stuck with me for some reason.

SimCity5(gasp) most of the SimCities have had great music and that's one thing they managed to keep and even improve in this one. Does leave a bit of a sour taste in my mouth to listen to it though...

GTA: Vice City, although I guess the radio stuff might not count as a soundtrack, still a game filled with awesome music.

All the Paradox Waldetoft stuff, mostly because it's so imprinted into my brain after countless hours that I feel I have some sort of mental connection with the guy.

And as already mentioned, Baba Yetu and Morrowind.

Way too many to mention.

Recently I've fallen in love with the Payday 2 soundtrack though!

Yeah it's hard to narrow down. Off the top of my head right now...

Hotline Miami
Morrowind
Frozen Synapse
Age of Wonders
Europa Universalis III
Endless Space
Chrono Trigger
Earthbound
Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Excerpts and comments on each in spoilers.

Spoiler :

Hotline Miami - Knock Knock * Bursting in the police department with a baseball bat to that song... That is one of my favorite games of the last few years and I think the soundtrack accounts for more than 50% of this game's appeal. It's a huge part of the experience and texture of the game.

Link to video.

Morrowind - The Road Most Travelled * Instant nostalgia, not the usual Morrowind theme.

Link to video.

Frozen Synapse - Triumph... * An elating track! The DLC came with an extra 6 tracks that are all as good or even better than Triumph.

Link to video.

Age of Wonders - I could not pick just one, so Love and Death first, then Battle Macabre. The first is an epic mournful/hopeful song. The other is an invigorating battle theme.

Link to video.

Link to video.

Europa Universalis III - A Cruce Victoria * I've probably listened to this game's soundtrack for a lot more hours than I've actually played the game.

Link to video.

Endless Space - Flawless Theory * This is a decent game but it really comes out of nowhere with its absolutely stunning soundtrack. It also has a strange variation in how songs sound depending on whether you are staring at your empire or a specific planet. This track is particularly gorgeous. Soundtrack makes great use of emptiness in its sound. I dunno how to explain.

Link to video.

Chrono Trigger - Wind Scene * I think I like Final Fantasy VI's soundtrack as much but oh well. Chrono Trigger has more melancholy or nostalgia in it for my taste, and I like those things.

Link to video.

... Okay here's a Final Fantasy VI one anyway.

Link to video.

Earthbound - * This soundtrack was extraordinarily varied, rich, and different from anything on the SNES at the time. They really did miracles with those chips. Anyway, the diversity of tracks makes it hard to find a representative tune.

Link to video.

Castlevania Symphony of the Night - Wandering Ghosts * great mellotron jazz fusion tune starts 0:30 in. Whole soundtrack is a milestone in game music really.

Link to video.

Top Bottom