Autocratic Venice for Domination Victory?

kingfish101

Prince
Well, obviously you can pick Autocracy to help, but with only one city you can control, is it possible? Especially when it comes to the higher difficulties.

MadDjinn's Venice LP was Autocracy domination (until he accidentally won a diplo victory a few turns before he expected to conquer his last victim).

Really? Wow.

Still pretty cool that he got that far. Will check it out sometime.

There are so many good lps out there. I saw that video.. it was entertaining, like Browd said...

Dat incense at the beginning though.

Dat incense.

the first game i played with BNW was a venice domination
to start your conquest you dont need many units and later they're easily bought with gold, when trading posts become even more effective than mines. finished that game with an armada of early bombers, some ships and lancers.

I have done autocracy with Venice multiple times (one of them is on youtube), and I think this strategy suits Venice perfectly.

I don't really understand why this would be difficult, as Venice is ideally suited for this strategy, probably more so than any other civ in the game.

I actually like Order for Venice domination, unless maybe it's a land map (in which case United Front is awesome). The problem is the happiness. Where does autocracy's happiness come from? Courthouses, castles, barracks. Don't need 'em. Only 1 or 2 barracks. Order gives an immediate +2 happiness for monuments, and then you get more for factories and labs. Now that's more like it. And then you get Iron Curtain, which works Wonders (literally) when you trade route hammers back into Venice with all your trade routes.

Sounds like Order works as well.

Top Bottom