How well will civ v run on a core i3 laptop

Rglawrence

Chieftain
I am in the process of a getting a new computer. My old PC is too old for any modern gaming and I'm curios to know the minimum specs required to run civ v with no lag.Thanks.

It depends on your graphics card.

My PC;
Quad core I5 ~4.33GHz
16GB RAM
Nvidia 512MB 520Ti

Late game is laggy. Probably due to my graphics card.

If want a gaming computer I would advise a desktop, Laptops are just bad for gaming dollar for dollar when compared to a desktop. If you need a laptop, I would advise an i5, i3s sometimes have issues especially with larger games and maps.

I use a laptop exclusively but I agree a desk top would be better.

However, I do have a pretty handy laptop with i7, 16 GB RAM with a GT 740m Graphics card.

I wouldn't like anything less really, as this slows enough.

I am in the process of a getting a new computer. My old PC is too old for any modern gaming and I'm curios to know the minimum specs required to run civ v with no lag.Thanks.

Considering how many years ago Civ V was released, any new desktop / laptop bought today will run Civ V better than what even a machine that was state of the art back at initial vanilla release was and so it would run Civ V better than whatever you have.

It's instead what games that have come out in the past 12 months that you want that don't have that you should be checking out the graphical requirements for.

As to what is no lag, that is both map size & graphic settings specific. The larger the map you want and the higher the graphic settings you choose *, the more powerful it would have to be to have no lag in late game. In this regard, BNW in late game is somewhat slower than G&K was due to all the cargo ships.

* My own machine is a few years old but lag gets eliminated entirely by simply going to strategic view whenever it starts occurring on the normal view (around Modern era on a standard size map).

Top Bottom