Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Never!

Votes: 26 53.1%
  • Depends...

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters

Licentia

Prince
I'm going to post this in both the Civ2 and Civ3 forums. I just want to see a comparison to see if more people use the Automate feature now than with Civ2. I personally think that the workers are much better in Civ3 than the settlers in Civ2, so then if they are indeed better then more people should be using them, right?

punkbass2000 said:
I voted 'Never', but I'm assuming you're generally refering to the beginning of the game, at least until the enf of the MA. Clearing pollution, etc. I don't MM.

Nah, I used them all the way through. When you've got lots of cities it gets too tedious, I find.

Used to be never, now it's depends. Of course, I automate road/railroad building (from city to city) and pollution, but rarely have I done it for cities. This game, however, I've been doing "automate, this city only, do not change" later in the game, simply because I have too many workers trying to build up cities I've captured from the AI that were underdeveloped. At this point in the game, winning is a foregone conclusion, so I'm not too concerned about what they do in the cities.

That, and everyone keeps declaring war on me, so I'm dealing with them.

From my time spent at CFC i have learnt not to automate workers and have improved my game a bit through that. now i never automate workers, even for simple tasks like cleaning pollution.

Never. Efficient use of workers is the biggest advantage the human player has over the AI. Therefore why put my workers under AI control?

Never outomated a single settler/worker in Civ2 or Civ3, not even for clearing pollution.

Tedious ? Giving orders to workers is a strategic part of the game like others, and as such is not tedious at all for me... on the contrary.
Plus, my Civ is mine, and the AI must have NOTHING to deal with it ! :p

I'll automate after I have a sprawling industrial empire tha's been fuly RRed and is poluting more or less overy turn, it's just more convinient for me.

Never. I want to know exactly what my workers are doing at all times, and I may think of something else for them to do in mid-task. Also, if I get invaded, I can remember where they are at, and have less chance of losing some because I forgot that I ordered them to build a road to somewhere and didn't see them before the end of the turn.

I never automate workers and I never use the city governor to build stuff.

In the early game I manually control all workers. As the game progresses I automate some of them.

Depends. Late in the game, when my empire tends to sprawl quite a bit, I'll automate them for pollution control, however, I never automate them at the start, until at least the IA.
The Last Conformist said:
Only for road-to and rail-to.

Uhhh, wow, apparently I have missed the boad completely on something. What the heck are these functions? I have never seen them before. I have Conquests 1.22. Is it something to do with my preferences, or what?

El Duderino said:
Uhhh, wow, apparently I have missed the boad completely on something. What the heck are these functions? I have never seen them before. I have Conquests 1.22. Is it something to do with my preferences, or what?

Exactly, it is your prefrences. Just turm on the advanced unit options setting and you will see all the buttons. Or you could read the manual which states all of the shortcuts ;)

I never automate workers before industrial age and only after the most important railroads are built.

Top Bottom