[Map Script] LandMasses

Those changes determine the number of each resource - the selected forumula is applied once to each different resource. As far as I remember, the 'Let Resources Clump' option is the only options that affects resources placement relative to each other and how many can be placed within a fat cross.

I played a few games with BtS and there was nothing wrong.

Now I tought lets DL the latest version, maybe it has been updated. Don't think that was the case tough..

When I get worlds with only grass :( I removed the mapscript in all folders the publicmap folder of civ4, warlords and bts. Reinstalled the script. Did that like 6 times but all i get is grass worlds. What has happened!

I cannot play BtS without this great mapscript, beautifull worlds. Tried Smart map wich generates nice worlds too but the starting locations are really bad. Some civs starting in tundra without resources and some (arabs, coincidence?) started in 1 big desert.

Now I tought lets DL the latest version, maybe it has been updated. Don't think that was the case tough..

When I get worlds with only grass :( I removed the mapscript in all folders the publicmap folder of civ4, warlords and bts. Reinstalled the script. Did that like 6 times but all i get is grass worlds. What has happened!

I cannot play BtS without this great mapscript, beautifull worlds. Tried Smart map wich generates nice worlds too but the starting locations are really bad. Some civs starting in tundra without resources and some (arabs, coincidence?) started in 1 big desert.

For me, it's because of having the print map option checked at the bottom.

HookMonkey:

When I get worlds with only grass I removed the mapscript in all folders the publicmap folder of civ4, warlords and bts. Reinstalled the script. Did that like 6 times but all i get is grass worlds. What has happened!

Well there hasn't bee a new version since before BtS came out, 30th of June. If that was the version that you were using previously then there shouldn't still be a problem. What does reinstalling the script include? Does it include downloading the script again? If you're only reinstalling the script from the same downloaded file - if you haven't tried to download it again - then try doing so.

For SmartMap, use the standard civ placement. This will use the civ placement code that is used by all scripts (including LandMasses) by default. In the most recent versions of SmartMap (though not older versions) the SmartMap specific civ placement options can generate civs in all tundra or all snow regions.

JPinard:
For me, it's because of having the print map option checked at the bottom.

I didn't realise that there might be an issue with this. That option is only supposed to work if you haven't altered CivIVs location in your computer. If you didn't alter the location of CivIV in your computer - if it's located in C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games - would you be able to do me a favour? Could you generate a script with Print Map Details set to Yes. After the game crashes or the script fails to proerly generate a map, open the generated file and print the results here.

Can you go into the CivilizationIV configuration settings in C:\Documents and Settings\XXXXX\My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword, and make the following changes;

HidePythonExceptions = 0
LoggingEnabled = 1
OverwriteLogs = 1
SynchLog = 1
RandLog = 1
MessageLog = 1

The values are all either 0 or 1 so it should be no trouble to switch them back when done. Generate a map. You should get a pop up telling you what's going wrong.

Okey i tried the settings, this is what i got:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "LandMasses", line 2650, in getCustomMapOptionDefault

IndexError: list index out of range

Then i had to click OK for about 20 times and then the error message went away.

Also when i try to adjust the settings of landmasses, like the tiles of separation or the ocean size the game crashes. This is new. Before it would not crash it would only generate grass maps.

THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN DELETED (questions already answered earlier in thread).

I am crashing everytime I try to customize a map using this in the game setup screen. When the crash happens varies, but it is consistant and I can't even start generating a map. Any ideas?

There's a description of how to greatly reduce the odds of a crash hidden in a post within this thread. I've updated the first post of this thread. It now contains the explanation on how to work around the problem LandMasses has with BtS.

sorry been a while since I have been on Thedrin, you still have the bestest Mapscript in all worlds (including the ones made with it)
I ran into a problem. whenever I use landmasses now it occasional drops out...which I can handle but, whenever I change a setting on it now it also cuts the menu in half, thus preventing me from changing settings to resources and such. Am I the only one having this particular problem?

sorry been a while since I have been on Thedrin, you still have the bestest Mapscript in all worlds (including the ones made with it)
I ran into a problem. whenever I use landmasses now it occasional drops out...which I can handle but, whenever I change a setting on it now it also cuts the menu in half, thus preventing me from changing settings to resources and such. Am I the only one having this particular problem?

I have it too. Just make another selection and chances are the section that got cut off will re-appear.

This problem comes from BtS . If you select options too many times and/or relaunch the script many times you will have a crash due to the high number of buttons . The only way to prevent the cut off buttons , put "DisablePAKMemoryMapping = 1" into the ini file . But this is not a good option i think .

Tcho !

DragonTempest:

Yes, I'm getting this now as well. The new [official] patch hasn't fixed things for me and I've no idea how to correct the start up menu problems in a way that isn't just as complicated as the work around.

Up until recently I hadn't played CivIV in a while. I've gone back to it now but I'm finding myself put off by what caused me to stop playing it a few months back; 80 - 90% of land tiles in the starting fat cross are forest. But this time - instead of giving up and because its an issue whose solution can be contained within a map script - I'm working to improve things: the next planned version of LandMasses will contain options governing starting position.

I've only been at it since Sunday but, as far as I can tell, there's only one major coding problem I have to get past before it's ready for uploading; selecting properly spaced out starting positions for multiple civs starting on the same piece of land. I've a good idea how to do it though there are some variables in 'properly spaced out' which I'll need to test.

I'm hoping this will be done within a fortnight.

Top Bottom