immortal diff at BNW, cmiiwww...

gratizzz

Chieftain
can i win SV and CV at immortal difficulty with OCC?
i wanna make VERY TALL empire that love (peace) :goodjob:
starter place = land or coast or must have mountain?
i'do love raging barbarian and having religion. did i must include city-state? (i dont wanna depend on them).
my question:
1.can i build spaceship part with traded aluminum if i didn have?
2. one city have enough tourist? even with policy?
thanks before. ;)

using cmiiw, faulty grammar, "gratis"...indonesian detected.

so to answer your questions:
1. you can build spaceship parts with traded aluminum, even from CS allies. you can also build recycling plants if there's no one to trade/no CS allies providing it.

2. OCC tourism victory is kind of hard if you didn't build slotted wonders, and on immortal/deity it's very hard to build one before the AI.
even if you build and fulfill all the wonder theming bonuses, I suspect it's impossible to have enough tourism to win cultural if you play on Large/Huge maps.
of course you could play as france, polynesia or brazil, less dependence on wonders for tourism.

Before starting a true OCC in BNW, I'd recommend playing a game as Venice.

A true Immortal OCC (the advanced option selected to eliminate possibility of acquiring a puppet empire) may be about as difficult as standard Deity in BNW.

You probably can win a victory with a tall OCC on immortal. An extra city becomes important though because you get to miss out on the extra incoming food trade routes that can increase your OCC's population.

oh yeah.. what skill that napoleon have?
double theming bonuses? what that mean? did the artist slot got doubled>?
and what about the gold? is it gold very important for tall empire than culture? what about the army? if i weak i got fk up by them :(
(im sorry i didn like venice too much).
im thingking about playing france/brazil/egypt/arabia on deity. (brazilian must be at jungle :crazyeye: )
did i must research archeology fast than AI for artifact?
what starting bias i must have? food or hammer :) .
(sorry for so many asking. im indonesian and im not good chatting/typing english).

A true Immortal OCC (the advanced option selected to eliminate possibility of acquiring a puppet empire) may be about as difficult as standard Deity in BNW.

I disagree. Before I moved to Deity, I used to play OCC Immortal. Deity is still harder.

I won OCC Immortal SV (Incas, Egyt), CV (France), Domination (Babylon). OCC domination is, IMHO, the easier. Instant raze for conquered cities is an amazing advantage.

An AI victory on Immortal is between T380-400. On Deity it's 300-320. It let you a couple of turns on Immortal.

To OP :
1. Yes you can. Build a spaceship parts. Launch it and you restore your alu. One alu is really needed. In my memories, it's something like a SV T320-330 on OCC.
2. Tourism from satellites cities are not very important. It's just a few tourism from museum and culture tiles. Musicians make the job at the end of the game. CV is very capital centric.

how do you get the wonders in your capital though in OCC? I've tried this a few times with France and it seems pretty difficult to beat the AI to the necessary techs (printing press) with only 1 city worth of science output, barring some crazy good location.

All those are quite doable on immortal level. Cultural would probably be hardest in my opinion unless you play a smaller map just because the AI does much better at accumulating tourism. But I also play huge so I might be biased. Every immortal game I play, 2 guys at least, skyrocket in tourism and get 300+ quite quickly. You can get far more due to theming and strategically going for internet, but I'd guess you might have a risk of being beaten out by a science runaway some games--I typically go science for peaceful as it's safer and diplo is cheesy--did it once and hated it--by far easiest condition to win. 2 big tourism monsters are a pain playing peaceful, and especially on huge as you often can't get religion or trade route modifiers. You have to split your great musicians, it's worth it to build a powerful faith output for extra late-game concerts. If you can stoop to it, sometimes paying neighbors to DOW the offender will help, especially if they are civs you've already surpassed.

how do you get the wonders in your capital though in OCC? I've tried this a few times with France and it seems pretty difficult to beat the AI to the necessary techs (printing press) with only 1 city worth of science output, barring some crazy good location.

Rennaisance wonders aren't a problem. It's more late game to Internet which is long, very long.
PP is not need. Sistine, Uffuzi, Louvre more. Also, Sidney helps at the end.
It was something like T350 victory : a pain.

I did a Siam CV this days. No difficulty to catch HG, Oracle, Sistine, Uffuzi, Louvre, Eiffel Tower. I missed ToA and PT.Deny Hubble to Sejong, Great Firewall to Sweden (second cultural AI leader).
Long game, victory T362 thanks to cultural runaway Hiawatha. 4 GM were needed.

Why do you want a mountain? You can't work it can you?

Yes, you can't work it, but cities next to mountains can build the Observatory, which boosts science output in that city by 50%. They can also build the Machu Picchu and Neuschwanstein wonders.

Top Bottom