B52 Stratofortress

snafusmith

Unit Maker
I got sick of WW1 planes this afternoon, so I thought I'd do something a little more current. Out popped this sucker. Be warned, it's a high poly model. I tried to cut down the polys as much as I could, and this is as low as I could get it.

Poly: ~2000
Info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B-52_Stratofortress

Enjoy!

-Smitt

Attachments

• B52.zip
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,241
  • B52.JPG
    B52.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 3,544
Looks great smitty, and ~2000 polys for a plane is fine I think, after all you only see a few at any one time (one most the time really). However, if you want to try and reduce it further it looks like (and it's obviously hard to judge without a wireframe screenshot) you could reduce the detail of the main body and especially the engines, i.e. make the cylinders more "blocky".

Great model ! but lol, i missed your sig and started making my b52 too...to bad , have to pay more attention on peoples signatures :)

I'm not a unit-architect as of yet... rather a unit "critic", so I'll drop you a quick "hurrah!" for the fine B-52.

I just hope it can do a proper redition of "Rock Lobster".

Anyway, just one suggestion- seems from the screenshot that there were (possibly) some little USAF decals near the wingtips at some point? Perhaps this would be a good place to do some generic civ-color symbol, for identification beyond the usual flagpost.

Not that I have any idea what symbol to use, of course! That's entirely up to you :lol:

But to recap: An awesome unit, which I'm eager to install.

Rabbit said:
after all you only see a few at any one time (one most the time really).

um yeah . . . . about that . . . . when my games do last until modern era and I'm building bombers, I build bouut 20 for the aircorps. Other people do many many more. Lately there's been a spate of threads on modern warfare over in the strategy threads and massive bombing groups are all the rage.

Still looks sweet though.

Lmao put it in me game and changed the size by mistake made me jump when i put in on my screen in game took like half my land up and most of the screen

Perhaps the best heavy bomber ever! (the Russians had some really good ones too)
I've been inside one, it's really BIG!
They've been in service for a long time now, have to go read wiki...

Hello, I find this unit superb but when I add it I do not have bombs in animation bombardment. Is this situation it normal?

adamamri said:
Hello, I find this unit superb but when I add it I do not have bombs in animation bombardment. Is this situation it normal?

as in other posts the bombard isn't for air units more sea (battleship) or land (artillery) :goodjob:

hello snafusmith, I would like just you put a question. I know that you are surely in full work on another thing but I would like right knowledge if you had time to animate this unit?
thank :)

Damn good mate...

Though I am still hooked on Civ 3...I have been playing that game since it first came out...

But I like how fast this modding community has grown and how great they are in creating models...I wish I had the time to do this...otherwise I am coding all day

Top Bottom