Here's looking at you, kid

quantum42

Linux User
I know you can get this achievement by capturing Lisbon as Morocco and airlifting a worker from Casablanca. I was wondering if anyone has gotten this achievement when someone else (who has shared open borders) has captured Lisbon and you airlift a worker there. I haven't encountered this, but was curious. Or if you capture Lisbon from another civ who captured it earlier?

This reference is only for gameplay. Lisbon must be captured by Morocco. Then a civilian unit must be airlifted from Casablanca to Lisbon to get the achievement "here's looking at you, kid" which is a line from the movie Casablanca.

Can you not airlift to friendly AI cities? I kind of assumed that if you have open borders you'd be able to airlift units into an AI city that also has an airport but I haven't actually done it yet so I could be wrong.

Yes, airlifts are possible with AI friendly cities with airports if you have shared open borders.

This reference is only for gameplay. Lisbon must be captured by Morocco. Then a civilian unit must be airlifted from Casablanca to Lisbon to get the achievement "here's looking at you, kid" which is a line from the movie Casablanca.

I did this earlier in the week but did not get the achievement. I used an engineer and I had wiped out Portugal

I just did this one, I captured it, by the time I got the airports set up we were at peace. I sent a worker back and forth a few times with no luck. I airlifted all my offensive attackers away from lisbon back to one of my other cities (not casablanca). Then when I airlifted a worker from casablanca to lisbon, the achievement popped. There must be something with the other units being in/around the cities that was causing it not to flag, because as soon as I moved them, it worked.

How to get this achievement easily:
Settler difficulty, 3 players, skirmish map, information age, quick speed, no barbarians.

Found your first city anywhere and get an armory, and start building some paratroopers. Have your other guys scout around, and found your second on top of some aluminum. Third city goes anywhere. Start building 6 bombers, and some rocket artillery.

You can take out Portugal's main city in about 10-20 turns this way super easily. Just be sure you empty the area to get the achievement to work.

It also helps to immediately take the Freedom tenet that gives you six foreign legions... between them and the marines, you should be able to take those cities using your starting melee units without the help of artillery or bombers.

Didn't know that you can use other civ's airports! It would have never occurred to me... Thanks for the info! Late game missionary spam!!!!

Top Bottom