What happens when Mongolia runs free

redwings1340

Emperor
Shockingly, by the time I won, Genghis Khan had decent diplomacy with everyone. Nobody else declared war on him, and nobody left alive even denounced him in the last portion of the game.

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Looks like Mongolia actually wiped out the AI civ that had the flavor most likely to denounce warmongers that was in that game.

replace one of the AIs on the other landmass with one that hates war mongers, and he would have been denounced.

Looks like Mongolia actually wiped out the AI civ that had the flavor most likely to denounce warmongers that was in that game.

replace one of the AIs on the other landmass with one that hates war mongers, and he would have been denounced.

That is very true. The fact that he was on an entirely different continent made the threat somewhat lesser too, so there was less reason for our continent to care. We were having our own issues.

Still, he took out 5 city states! Five of them! Three of them were my allies, too, so it wasn't because of wars with allied nations, it was just because he wanted to conquer. His 'conquer city state' value must have been set up at like 12 this game or something.

Everyone else was probably scared of Mongolia and that's why they let Mongolia grow like that..

Nobody likes Austria or England, so they aren't missed :lol:

On the serious side, it looks like he probably did most of that before anyone else even met him.

Still, he took out 5 city states! Five of them! Three of them were my allies, too, so it wasn't because of wars with allied nations, it was just because he wanted to conquer. His 'conquer city state' value must have been set up at like 12 this game or something.

England is one of the AI civ that cares the most about defending city civs; and looks like she wasn't around to wipe him out.

Still initially I thought Austria had annexed some of the city states first, but I see Mongolia directly conquered them.

Mongolia's military advisor might actually be aware of the Mongolian UA. I do note that at higher difficulty levels the city states fair better than lower ones.

Top Bottom