Alexander always try diplomacy victory?

djm_jm

Warlord
It's a curious fact. I played three games, in different difficulties and Alexander gets diplomacy victory in always games.

The first with 10 SC. The second with 20 SC and the third with 40 SC.

Alexander never obtain other type of victory in my games.

He has a really good ability with the city states so he gets lots of votes?

I guess an easy way to prevent him from winning Diplomacy Victory is to bribe other Civs into war with their city state neighbors, so that they conquer them. That removes possible votes and makes him basically screw up his relationships with everyone else even more as he would be anyway.

I'm not sure if Alexander always trys to win Diplomatically or not; but he always tries to ally with every city state; and he'll definitely vote for himself.

He doesn't defend them that well though; a human would take action immediately if you take a city state; for AI Alex, he has to wait for the RNG to tell him it's ok to re-buy it.

Also, defending a few city states of your own via spies will probably be enough to deny him Diplomatic Victory. (AIs tend to buy with bare minimum gold so you'll likely have an 85% chance of taking it right back even with a raw recruit)

One of the more pleasing aspects of the game, other than having a leader come up and say your cities are spread out like a plague on the land, is buying all of Alex's city states out from under him while you watch his once great empire slowly wither into insignificance.

Sincerely, I see that diplomacy victory with SC is ridiculous. it's only bribe.

welcome to real life diplomacy!

Anyways, Greece's UA makes it very easy for Greece to keep alliances. If he grabs patronage and has the same religion as the city state, his influence does not go down with them. Add that with him being programming to ally with city states and he's naturally going to end up being competition in diplomatic victories.

Top Bottom