Resource meshes not displaying in game!

HBarbosa

Chieftain
I got everything ready to play, like version up to date (3.19 bts), made a clean instalation and i got barley, wheat, flax and potatoes appearing as tall grass (or something simmilar to that).

It bugs me a lot, anyone knows where the problem might be and how to solve it?

Thanks

sorry for the grammar mistakes :mischief:

I got everything ready to play, like version up to date (3.19 bts), made a clean instalation and i got barley, wheat, flax and potatoes appearing as tall grass (or something simmilar to that).

It bugs me a lot, anyone knows where the problem might be and how to solve it?

Thanks

sorry for the grammar mistakes :mischief:

As far as we can tell it is the Mangrove terrain feature that is causing the problem. If someone can fix that the problem should go away.

Can you guys tell me how to solve it or is everyone waiting for solutions aswell?

Perhaps remove mangrove from the mod?
Just sayin'?

JosEPh

I think it is not placed by the map scripts only by the post map script part so it could be removed from random maps. The problem only occurs if any of the resources are next to a mangrove, I think.

What about re-texturing base game forest trees (not pine) to look more like mangrove trees?

Belive me - they still be looking like normal trees. Ill tried this few months ago with some terrain features and I failed.

I THINK the base of the 3d object invisibly extends a long ways out and that is what the problem is. If I opened the mesh file I could probably see it but it's been quite a while since I've messed with any 3d art and the game uses a file type (and thus program) I'm not too familiar with.

I have 13 Mangrove tiles in SEM-Plus, should I remove them and post a new version for the SVN. ???:confused:

I have not yet played a Civ with Mangroves nearby, so have not seen the problems mentioned.

But because of the size of SEM there will be resources on or next to the Mangrove tile that may cause problems.

Awaiting the decision of the C2C team. :scan:

I can replace them with something else.

I wouldn't remove it... if they were placed before the other tile resources/improvements were placed it should be fine as it would be layer placed underneath them.

Top Bottom