Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

I have been playing CIV IV for 6 Years, and trough that time i've played a lot of mods, but there are some mods that made a real impact to me: Rise of mankind + A new Dawn, and Caveman2cosmos.
I remember one especial thing of rise of mankind: the modmod Fixed borders,it is realy Great, the idea of conquering all the territory of your enemy its awesome, and that disappeared on Cavemn2cosmos :/
Mi Idea is to add again the modmod (think how the mongol empire reached that greatness, or how Alexander conquered part of the persian empire even when there wasn't a great presence of greek culture).
To be honest I dont know how to Incorporate it, so if someone is agree with me and know how to do it, i would be great, or at least if someone can tell mee how to do it, i could speend some hours to convert the Modmod Fixed borders (maded by Dexy to Rise of mankind), to make it compatible to C2C

Fixed Borders is a set up option in C2C, at least it was until recently. I personally don't use or like it. So if it was recently changed I missed the change.

AND2.1 still has it too.

JosEPh

Fixed Borders is a set up option in C2C, at least it was until recently. I personally don't use or like it. So if it was recently changed I missed the change.

AND2.1 still has it too.

JosEPh

So does C2C, it has always been there.

So does C2C, it has always been there.

Yep, but it only works with a few Governments, and when you conquer an enemy city, only get the arround titles of the city, and if you conquer all the enemy cities, the other nations take the restant territory that should be yours when you gained it :sad:

PDT sorry for my english, i'd speak spanish :lol:

We don't have the same implementation for fixed borders that was utilized back in that RoM version of which you speak. There was some major debates and discussion on the subject a long time ago apparently and it was setup as it is from trying to sort through all that. I think we've found it to be an 'incendiary' issue and thus should not be looking at moving back to re-evaluate it all but you aren't the first to bring up the old mechanism and ask for it back. Koshling had mitigated that argument and its results and would understand better how it's supposed to work at this point.

Also some of what you are referring to is part of the Realistic Culture Spread Option and Not Fixed Borders.

JosEPh

The History Rewritten mod has done some interesting things with reefs, islands and atols, including goody islands. I'll have a look and see what we can clone, pillage or recycle:mischief:.

Their mod is all is all Python so I may be able to make it a modmod that would fit both C2C and RoM:AND.

Edit The islands and atols are nice but I find the reefs to be a bit difficult to see. They also goody islands only appearing on islands and atols which is a good idea but I can't see their version on the map.

Oh wow, this has so many similarities to what I am planning to do for my evolving religions in C2C! The Divinity Tenets are backwards from what I planed - you get to name your religion based on the tenet not the other way round.

Edit The islands and atols are nice but I find the reefs to be a bit difficult to see. They also goody islands only appearing on islands and atols which is a good idea but I can't see their version on the map.

Just go to WB and place them manually to take a look?

One thing is very annoying

When you lose the battle even when you are an attacker the enemy will pillage gold from you.
Nonsense. Soldier that are going to war dont take gold especcialy kings gold with them.

Dead on the battlefield is still dead on the battlefield and if looted, the bodies will give up their weapons and armor and other various equipments represented in gold loss.

I know today's computers are capable of it, why can't someone design a game with an actual 3d globe map?

We've talked about it but it's certainly an extensive project.

@ Modders

I am currently playing WITH Size Matters and Combat Mod, and i have a few Heroes. Question is do "we" (C2C personnel) let them stay the str they are, or do we let them level up like all the rest of the units?

1. If you let them level up you will have NO need for other units in game.?????

2. Is it possible to stop them from leveling up in Size Matters??

This needs to be solved BEFORE the next version.

Currently Heroes have a combat quality that's basically maxed out. They cannot, therefore, gain any further shifts in Size Matters ranks because they also cannot merge with other heroes since you need 3 of the same type of unit to merge.

One of the major reasons not to have merges equate to a full x3 power is because we need to keep units like Heroes and other uniques pertinent. Given that they do still have access to super powerful promos and such and power-wise at the moment they weigh in at just under a standard contemporary unit that's been double-merged, they're still quite valuable but not overpowered either since they cannot take any SM ranks up.

aka... the issue should be fairly resolved as part of the overall consideration of SM's design. So far, in my own playtesting, it seems to balance out still. If your experience is different I need to know.

Here is what i am talking about, the Hero started with str in the teens, but now is over 40???

So since he's mounted, his quality starts at one rank less than Epic (which is the highest naturally assigned rank). I wanted them to have a stage above Epic that they could get up to (Divine - which indicates something truly superhuman). This, in his case, meant he could take two quality upgrades. The sheer amount of XP and levels he's had to earn to be able to do this makes this action nearly prohibitive in most player's games. I'm not sure how you got him THAT many XP but I'd have to say he's well earned it. That said, there are other units that could still far exceed the potential he's been taken to through both merging and quality upgrades so in reality, it's not quite as imbalanced as it may seem. I would think that by the time you've earned this much on such a unit, contemporary normal units could easily be merged into something just as strong or stronger. Unless you're drastically out-teching your opponents anyhow.

If I was to take a guess, it has been through Lords/Viceroys and such that you managed to get him the hundreds upon hundreds (perhaps over a thousand) base XP awards that would've been necessary to get him to this point. I would certainly be willing to consider that Heroes probably shouldn't be allowed to take on a Leader nor gain any XP from those unit actions that will give straight XP to other units on the plot. They would be 'above this' imo... aka they're already too skilled to learn anything from any 'trainer' or military officer types.

So if there's an exploitable imbalancing loophole in the system that would be as much a culprit. Higher Combat Qualities make earning XP much slower. (Then again, there's a penalty to a higher Volume and bonus to a lower Volume rank that, while rational, does have the potential to make this sort of thing a bit more imbalanced so I was a little reluctant to include it in the first place. Heroes are at Solo volume so the penalty from high Quality is probably more than offset entirely by this.)

Anyhow, to really see what I mean about balance, take the strongest normal contemporary unit like a Cavalry or something and build enough of them to merge them as many times as they can be, then give them as many XP (or more) and see how many quality upgrades you can give THEM and how much strength they end up with thereafter... it will absolutely DWARF the power of the Hero you're working with there.

Top Bottom