Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 24th of February 2014

Checking UnitArtStyle errors before v35 is crucial if we want avert fatal bug like in v34.
Anyway tnx Alberts for finding these bugs.

Exactly v34 had a few missing UnitArtStyles that was the reason i added code to check them while loading. But some people had problems with that error checking and the assert in case of a missing ArtInfo. Now you can't really find those errors until the game crashes.

Thats why i really want to reactivate the UnitArtStyle checking and the error message in case a missing ArtInfo is called in the Final Release build. But if that is not wanted we need to put the Debug dll back into the svn for error checking even if it is pointless because nobody uses it.

Cant do both, or is that necessary to only having 1?? But of course a checking is needed. Dont want what happened in last release for sure . . . and now is the time for this because i am thinking we need to do a release NLT next week sometime . . .

Cant do both, or is that necessary to only having 1?? But of course a checking is needed. Dont want what happened in last release for sure . . . and now is the time for this because i am thinking we need to do a release NLT next week sometime . . .

To make it easier to find errors while using the Release dll i added code to
  1. Check for missing UnitArtStyleTypes during xml loading.
  2. Check for missing Types during xml loading.
  3. Display a error message if a missing ArtInfo is used in a running game.

But the problem was that people where complaining alot about it and i removed it again becuase i can't deal with that.

The problem with 3 was that it breaks compat with older saves but in reality that came from some xml files.

All of them break modularity because if you turn modules of it is possible that things are missing elsewhere and possibly lead to CTD's....
And so on...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

[*]Display a error message if a missing ArtInfo is used in a running game.
[/LIST]

But the problem was that people where complaining alot about it and i removed it again because i can't deal with that.

The problem with 3 was that it breaks compat with older saves but in reality that came from some xml files.

All of them break modularity because if you turn modules of it is possible that things are missing elsewhere and possibly lead to CTD's....
And so on...

OK i get it, and that was correct, "before" i think the only one left now are the Hydro folders that are not truly modular, but i might be wrong here, i haven't checked, DH knows better.

Are you planning on re-doing the XML Validator, that doesnt have the schema stuff listed? But its ok if you dont, because i believe C2C has fixed all these problems now because of this, so thx.

@ DH

see attached pic

I recently updated the SVN to 7800 but in game it tells me the version is 7782. I didn't get any error messages or anything when I updated.

I recently updated the SVN to 7800 but in game it tells me the version is 7782. I didn't get any error messages or anything when I updated.

I believe the version go's by the dll, when it was committed??

SVN 7799. Playing Japan.

The Yumi Archer and the Longbowman display a moving red circle when attacking another unit -instead of the stream of arrows.

Posting this here from another thread as requested by Thunderbird with my saves uploaded:

Hi,

First here are my computer specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/05/10 19:13:52 Ver: 08.00.10
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8168MB RAM

I've encountered an issue with C2C that I haven't been able to solve by googling (not for lack of trying). At the moment I am loading the game from autosaves that I have set to be made every turn but I can't progress past the latest autosave. I still save to a normal save file, which is currently on the same turn as the latest autosave but after the new city production has been selected.

For some reason, at the end of turn when I press enter the game just freezes permanently. I've left the game for long periods of time and it is still doing the same. I've been playing the mod since December 2013 and it has been fine until yesterday when I tried to load it up again after not playing for 3 days.

In those 3 days, I installed Python 2.7.8 64bit, numpy 64bit and PIL 64bit if that matters.
I had Python 2.6.5 installed at the same time too, but have since installed it to see if that improved things (after I had updated to C2C v34).

Today I updated to C2C v34, with still no luck. When asked to recalculate the same thing occurs even after being left for a long period of time. The turn progresses normally if I don't recalculate in v34 but still crashes when I try to recalculate once prompted to press enter to end turn/when I do try to progress to the next turn.

I hope this is everything useful. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Piran Caveman4.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 46
  • AutoSave_BC-1233.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 87
Ah... well... that game is not only quite large as a save game but it also now uses a map size that's no longer supported so while I suspect the original crash issue has been resolved, the save is no longer compatible with current C2C. Sorry 'bout that.

When you capture a city, its zone of control persists in impeding the movement of your units. Hopefully it's only for the current turn. From a realism angle, I could understand a building that held out against the invaders could continue to impede them, but this is a city that has been pacified already (more storytellers from abolishing slavery than I know what to do with:lol:). For gameplay I suggest the sort of slingshot effect from less impeded movement after taking a city is quite important.

Ah... well... that game is not only quite large as a save game but it also now uses a map size that's no longer supported so while I suspect the original crash issue has been resolved, the save is no longer compatible with current C2C. Sorry 'bout that.

Okay never mind! Thanks for working it out.

Just completed Druidism but no Divine Prophet, so i cant get that religion?? This should be 1 turn BEFORE Druidism.

Did Druid missionary get fixed? I mean, it should not require Meditation tech to spread Druidism (or Tengrii, or Shamanism, or Ngai) should it?

Cheers

Did Druid missionary get fixed? I mean, it should not require Meditation tech to spread Druidism (or Tengrii, or Shamanism, or Ngai) should it?

Cheers

Could it also be the Religion Civic is interfering? As you need at least Divine Cult to Found any other religion. Impo the Religion Civics need "adjusted" as it keeps early religions from being "founded" when they are discovered via tech.

JosEPh

Nah, even with Divine Cult and having it as state religion you need Meditation Tech to train the Druid (and Shaman, Tengrii, Ngaii) missionaries.
Usually, after Meditation tech, you never need any religion as state religion to be able to train missionaries, so it does not stop it there either.
I can not find where it sets Meditation as a prereq tech, so can not change this myself either.

Cheers

Could it also be the Religion Civic is interfering? As you need at least Divine Cult to Found any other religion. Impo the Religion Civics need "adjusted" as it keeps early religions from being "founded" when they are discovered via tech.

JosEPh

Religion civics are about adopting a religion as your state religion. Nothing to do with founding.

Nah, even with Divine Cult and having it as state religion you need Meditation Tech to train the Druid (and Shaman, Tengrii, Ngaii) missionaries.
Usually, after Meditation tech, you never need any religion as state religion to be able to train missionaries, so it does not stop it there either.
I can not find where it sets Meditation as a prereq tech, so can not change this myself either.

Cheers

You only need the building to build the Druid (monastery), Shaman (monastery), Tengrii (temple), Ngaii (temple), Mesopotamian (temple) and Yoruba (temple) missionaries. No need for the meditation tech unless you have the optional religion mod in your game.

Oh, ok. Is that how the optional religion mod is supposed to work?
*sets about removing that option for missionaries*
Thanks DH, now I know where to find it.

Cheers

Edit. After a quick look into it it seems it is in the Slow Religion Spread part it lies. That one I thought changed the rate of autospreading, not the times at which one could build missionaries. Self spreading should always be possible, so I'll just remove that modmod.
Thanks again DH.

Cheers

Many people complain that the old religions spread to more cities than the new and try to come up with "solutions" to this "problem". The fact is that the old religions are around longer so of course they will spread to more cities. It is a major effect of the design of religions as they are in BtS.

Unless playing with Minor Nations start, in which case no religions spread to other nations than the founder and the favourite leaders nations.
But, yes, that could be a problem if one wants it to be one. Realistically though all newer religions have always had to "forcibly" mission to spread themselves as everywhere they went old religions, nature religions, were abundant.
So old religions, Shamanism and Druidism, the pure nature religions, should be everywhere and new religions wanting a piece of the cake should need to send missionaries, just as in real life.

Cheers

Editing rather than double posting:
Is it really right with all the various kinds of mounts in the game to set that the Stable building HAS to have Horse resource?
After all without a stable you can never build the cattle, pachyderm, equine tamer buildings and spread your stabled animals unless you have horse too.
Donkey, Elephant, Camel, Bison, Buffalo, and yet can not build stable and the tamer buildings to spread to other cities.
That and no other mounted unit types can get Stable and Riding School benefit unless also having Horse resource.

Cheers

When you capture a city, its zone of control persists in impeding the movement of your units. Hopefully it's only for the current turn. From a realism angle, I could understand a building that held out against the invaders could continue to impede them, but this is a city that has been pacified already (more storytellers from abolishing slavery than I know what to do with:lol:). For gameplay I suggest the sort of slingshot effect from less impeded movement after taking a city is quite important.
It won't last long I don't think. Apparently faster is more important than making sure the rule works perfectly. I'm hands off of this subject now. I've added an option to turn off all ZoC effects as I'm not a big fan of the effect anyhow. And even optimized to the point that the rules aren't always adhered to with perfect accuracy, it can delay games significantly.

Just completed Druidism but no Divine Prophet, so i cant get that religion?? This should be 1 turn BEFORE Druidism.
You probably weren't the first one to it and the one who was selfishly used the prophet for other means deemed by the AI to be more important to that particular player at the time. This means Druidism is up for grabs for any player that learns the tech and uses any Great Prophet to then found it.

Top Bottom