Caveman 2 Cosmos (ideas/discussions thread)

Heya there! I'd really like to try this awesome sounding mod but the atomic gamer mirror is really unreliable for me ... been trying for the last 30 mins but the download stops after a few minutes everytime :(

Would it be possible for someone to upload this pack in a torrent or something like RoM is??

Many thanks in advance!

Thanks for updating this mod to current AND standards! However this seems to be a (minor) problem. Alot of the custom civs are gone. Upon going into the assets folder, I foind out there are very few if any. What prompted the design change?

--Downloading--
Thank you StrategyOnly.
What a way to start this month!
Btw, is this save compatible w/ the last one? plz say yes.
-Edit-
And also, I have a gameplay question.
What is the point of the tech "Spearfishing?"
I bypassed that tech and my port cities seemed to be doing fine during my Ancient Age right now.

No its not compatible, its not a patch, sorry.

Heya there! I'd really like to try this awesome sounding mod but the atomic gamer mirror is really unreliable for me ... been trying for the last 30 mins but the download stops after a few minutes everytime :(

Would it be possible for someone to upload this pack in a torrent or something like RoM is??

Many thanks in advance!

I would upload it to another server but none that i know of take over 2 GB of upload but AG.

Thanks for updating this mod to current AND standards! However this seems to be a (minor) problem. Alot of the custom civs are gone. Upon going into the assets folder, I foind out there are very few if any. What prompted the design change?

I forgot to mention that, sorry:blush:, I put the Custom Civs in the "Unloaded Modules" folder, you just need to put the civ or civs you want to play there, i moved them there because of memory allocation on older computers that way you can pick and choose the way you want them to play.;)

This is a fantastic mod-mod-mod and it's good to be back to the Civ that I love. Civ5 will replace Rise Of Nations as my 'B game'; when I'm tired of the epic games on monster maps of BTS-RoM-AND-NWA.

THANK YOU for your efforts to make this mod-mod-mod.

I would upload it to another server but none that i know of take over 2 GB of upload but AG.
First off, thanks for the reply :)

I was thinking more on the lines of a torrent like the main RoM 2.92 dl is right now. IMHO every mod that's bigger than 300 MB should have an alternate torrent/magnet link

Anyway, thanks a lot for the mod-mod(-mod? wow!) :goodjob: Will be scouring regularly for an alternate dl link

So I've Installed STEAM --> CIV 4: BTS and extracted NWA into the Mods folder on 2 different computers (one Vista, the other 7, both x64). In both cases I end up having problems with the BUG Options screen which takes FOREVER to load (think 4-5x time between turns at best); however, the only actual game play effect that carries over are certain options on the RevDCM options page - specifically Archer Bombard and Emergency Draft DO NOT TURN ON.

Any help with this would be awesome, as I couldnt find a solution elsewhere on the forum and this is an absolutely fantastic mod! Thanks Again!

So I've Installed STEAM --> CIV 4: BTS and extracted NWA into the Mods folder on 2 different computers (one Vista, the other 7, both x64). In both cases I end up having problems with the BUG Options screen which takes FOREVER to load (think 4-5x time between turns at best); however, the only actual game play effect that carries over are certain options on the RevDCM options page - specifically Archer Bombard and Emergency Draft DO NOT TURN ON.

Any help with this would be awesome, as I couldnt find a solution elsewhere on the forum and this is an absolutely fantastic mod! Thanks Again!

If it takes more than two minutes to load, then something is wrong, re-start your puter and see if that helps.

OK if you play with Barbarian World or Barbarian Civs on turns will exceed 5 minutes in most cases, best NOT to use those. If you play more than 20 civs and Rev is on than your more than likely going to get way over 30 civs by the time you hit Renaissance era which is waaaay to many civs for this HUGE mod. Better to start small is that case and be bigger by itself growing. If thats not the case than you should not play more than 20 civs on anything more than a Standard map, its again just to big of a mod.

Its ok from Pre- to Renaissance, but then turns become to long if you use alot of civs. I have even notice that when i hit Ren era also, its doing waaay to much thinking in-between turns. And i have a i7Core PC, with 8 GB memory and a 1 MG graphics card.

I am in the process of getting rid of a few (useless) in my opinion) units.

The Rev stuff you'd have to ask either the Rev people or Afforess, i dont have anything to do with that stuff, sorry:blush:

But last i checked Archery B and Draft works fine, draft is only usable at certain points (i forget when):crazyeye:

Thanks for the quick reply! I am comfortable with the time in between turns (>2min), but its the BUG Options screen which consistently takes 6-7+ min to pull up even after a fresh restart/reload. However, the only toggles from this menu which are messing up are the ones I mentioned from the RevDCM tab as best I can tell (so all things considered very much ok).

Do you think this could be caused by Steam only installing CIV 4:BTS as opposed to each of the expansions in order - something like the Steam equivalent of the Civ4Complete DVD issue with BUG?

If you could let me know where I should repost to get a hold of the RevDCM folks / Afforess if we can not figure this out I'd appreciate it. Thanks for your help either way, and again this is a fantastic mod!

I forgot to mention that, sorry:blush:, I put the Custom Civs in the "Unloaded Modules" folder, you just need to put the civ or civs you want to play there, i moved them there because of memory allocation on older computers that way you can pick and choose the way you want them to play.;)

Ah, thanks for explaining. Off to add those immediately. :)

P.S Nice menu music.

Thanks for the quick reply! I am comfortable with the time in between turns (>2min), but its the BUG Options screen which consistently takes 6-7+ min to pull up even after a fresh restart/reload. However, the only toggles from this menu which are messing up are the ones I mentioned from the RevDCM tab as best I can tell (so all things considered very much ok).

Do you think this could be caused by Steam only installing CIV 4:BTS as opposed to each of the expansions in order - something like the Steam equivalent of the Civ4Complete DVD issue with BUG?

If you could let me know where I should repost to get a hold of the RevDCM folks / Afforess if we can not figure this out I'd appreciate it. Thanks for your help either way, and again this is a fantastic mod!

RevDCM: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=262937

Afforess: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=344523

But last i checked Archery B and Draft works fine, draft is only usable at certain points (i forget when):crazyeye:

Archery Bombard does not work for me in NWA 1.75b, but does work in RAND 1.75b

The file "YES Archer B BC-5650" is from RAND 1.75b and shows the Archer Bombard option on the screen.

The file "No Archer B BC-9020" is from NWA 1.75b and it right at the moment when an Archer should be able to Bombard. I also tried the hot key < B > without success. I did double-check the options screen to avoid :blush:

The file "YES Archer B BC-5650" is from RAND 1.75b and shows the Archer Bombard option on the screen.

The file "No Archer B BC-9020" is from NWA 1.75b and it right at the moment when an Archer should be able to Bombard. I also tried the hot key < B > without success. I did double-check the options screen to avoid :blush:

thank you for proving that I am not crazy :goodjob:

PreHistoric (NWA)HERE PreHistoric AND/RoM: HERE updated 1 Nov 10

Both of these are the same. Is that intended?

Both links lead to the same file on Atomic.

JosEPh

Edit: Does this Nov version fix some of the CTDs that the Oct version had? Seems to be a problem with the "islands/goodie hut" feature, that's when I get the most CTDs. I only run 7 AI with No Rev, No Vassals, No Barb Civ or World.

My Comp specs are more than adequate: 2.8 GHz IBM Dual Core Wolfdale E7400 with 8GB of DDR2 1066Mhz ram and an ATI Radeon HD 4650 Vid card with 512MB of DDR2 ram and Shader 3.0. Runs AND1.75A with no problems.

I really like this early game version but the CTDs are a pain. I can go back to auto save and pick it back up but must replay several turns to continue.

Okay maybe this time the Logs will post?

Save game. Click next turn will CTD every time.

JosEPh :(

Both of these are the same. Is that intended?

Both links lead to the same file on Atomic.

JosEPh

Edit: Does this Nov version fix some of the CTDs that the Oct version had? Seems to be a problem with the "islands/goodie hut" feature, that's when I get the most CTDs. I only run 7 AI with No Rev, No Vassals, No Barb Civ or World.

My Comp specs are more than adequate: 2.8 GHz IBM Dual Core Wolfdale E7400 with 8GB of DDR2 1066Mhz ram and an ATI Radeon HD 4650 Vid card with 512MB of DDR2 ram and Shader 3.0. Runs AND1.75A with no problems.

I really like this early game version but the CTDs are a pain. I can go back to auto save and pick it back up but must replay several turns to continue.

I have no problems at all, sorry. And YES they are the same, one in the regular mod area, and the other in the RoM section. In the RoM section i forgot to take more posts after the first one so i had to go back to the old reliable one also.

Okay maybe this time the Logs will post?

Need all the logs, but in this case its ok

Save game. Click next turn will CTD every time.

JosEPh :(

I tried your save with Rise of Mankind NWAI AND as the name, and with the current NWA there is no need for re-naming it ok. Might cause some problems. But i cant get it to work at all, did you change something someplace or add/delete something?

Also no need for three posts, only post in last one if nobody else posts, thxs.:p

I changed Nothing but the name. Understand that the save and logs are for the October Version of Prehistoric.

And the 3 posts is because I was having problems with the uploads. I have satellite dsl. :cry:

The logs I uploaded were the current date affected logs. The other logs had August and September dates.

I have just DL'd the Nov version of NWA and will give it a go. (It took me 4 hours to D/L it!!!) :eek:

JosEPh

I changed Nothing but the name. Understand that the save and logs are for the October Version of Prehistoric.

And the 3 posts is because I was having problems with the uploads. I have satellite dsl. :cry:

The logs I uploaded were the current date affected logs. The other logs had August and September dates.

I have just DL'd the Nov version of NWA and will give it a go. (It took me 4 hours to D/L it!!!) :eek:

JosEPh

ahhhh thats why, you did say what version you where using:rolleyes: New version is AND 1.75b

thank you for proving that I am not crazy :goodjob:

Yes that is a known problem with AND 1.75b, Afforess has to fix that. (My suggestion for now is dont check the Archer bombardment stuff, sorry, but he is aware of the problem), thx for writing.

New version hasn't had a CTD yet, Yeah! :)

JosEPh

Top Bottom