C2C - Galactic Era

A. I am not a dev on this mod , just a fan pitching in his 2cp on it's future.

B. This was NOT added in v20

C. I would hope that when the team adds stuff from other mods they get the appropriate permissions.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

They have nothin done!

rightfuture Perfect start for creating/integrating into the ideas for the Galactic Era- This well developed mod is a remake of Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - tech tree and units could an easy inclusion /inspiration for the galactic era. (Sid Meier made Alpha Centauri - could be a good starting place said:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=426026[/url]
(Monaldinio has some good ideas here and his mod is getting well developed, he recently got upset and pulled his mod from civfanatics because he speaks german . - might want to look for it/at it's new home -
http://civforum.de/showthread.php?t=68830

Seconded, that mod contains reams of stuff we could plunder. Some of it would require DLL work, but lots could be copy-pasted with few adjustments straight into C2C.

As a postscript I've been hoping for the SMAC concept of orbital buildings to be added. This might be the big thing for V20.

I am studying Business Law.
It does not matter where it was written in, you want steal without asking!
I hope i will not find equivalents!

They have nothin done!

Planetfall (Alpha Centauri remake) - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=252829

I am studying Business Law. The ideas developed by me, I have protect legally ( Rostock Higher Regional Court)
i hope I will not see equivalents.

So what did Maniac have to say over your plundering PlanetFall.........?

Okay now for some feed back, I think I will now delete your Mod. :)

JosEPh

They have nothin done!

I am studying Business Law.
It does not matter where it was written in, you want steal without asking!
I hope i will not find equivalents!

@Monaldinio

Hey!

Ohne dir zu nahe treten zu wollen, ich denke nicht, dass hier irgend jemand etwas plündert, ohne dich nach deiner Authorisierung zu fragen. Wenn etwas genommen wird (wie du es mit "Planetfall" gemacht haben wirst), dann gibt es credits. Ich denke, dass man das "Rostock Regional Court" aus dem Spiel lassen kann, oder was denkst du? ;)

Du hast jetzt deinen Standpunkt klar genug gemacht und keiner wird dich jetzt noch "bestehlen"... man legt sich nicht mit einem german lawyer an, nicht wahr? ;)

By the way - good job - your Conflict on Chiron! :goodjob:

Have a nice night!

@Monaldinio

Hey!

Ohne dir zu nahe treten zu wollen, ich denke nicht, dass hier irgend jemand etwas plündert, ohne dich nach deiner Authorisierung zu fragen. Wenn etwas genommen wird (wie du es mit "Planetfall" gemacht haben wirst), dann gibt es credits. Ich denke, dass man das "Rostock Regional Court" aus dem Spiel lassen kann, oder was denkst du? ;)

Du hast jetzt deinen Standpunkt klar genug gemacht und keiner wird dich jetzt noch "bestehlen"... man legt sich nicht mit einem german lawyer an, nicht wahr? ;)

By the way - good job - your Conflict on Chiron! :goodjob:

Have a nice night!

Ich werde meinen Mod aus diesen Forum zurückziehen.
Im gegensatz zu anderen habe ich mehrere Male gefragt, wenigtsen GEFRAGT!!!!!! Wenigstens...und nicht hinten rum schwule Dinger abgezogen!

Ich werde meinen Mod aus diesen Forum zurückziehen.
Im gegensatz zu anderen habe ich mehrere Male gefragt, wenigtsen GEFRAGT!!!!!! Wenigstens...und nicht hinten rum schwule Dinger abgezogen!

Ho, Brauner!

Ich glaube, es gibt hier keinen Grund ausfallend zu werden, oder?

Du hast ja jetzt gesagt, was du davon hälst, und ehrlich gesagt, finde ich das zum K*** deutsch... aber gut, das darf ich ja noch.

Und keine Angst, ma cheriè, es wird niemand "schwule Dinger" (Zitat) mit dir abziehen, wenn du das nicht willst.

Schlaf gut!

Ps. ... watch your language (and grammar - nicht das die Anklageschrift daran scheitert, hm?)!

Buonanotte! :D

Pps. Ist dem peniblen Juristen etwa die ellenlange creditlist entgangen? Schlechte Reputation wäre das, nicht wahr? Che onta!

Wie würdest du reagieren wenn du aufeinmal sowas lesen würdest. Deine Ideen auszuschlachten.
Und ja, ich bin aufgeregt, und ja, ich bin keine super Tipse...und ja, da kann schon mal was daneben gehen beim schreiben!

Und zum K**** Deutsch ist das nicht, nur weil ich mich ungerecht behandelt fühle!

Und nein, es heißt Klageschrift!

Uh, guys, can we try NOT to have a flame war in german? I can understand a little of what is being said, and you could both get into trouble if a Moderator sees this. Let's all be civil and follow the code of conduct.

Pps. Ist dem peniblen Juristen etwa die ellenlange creditlist entgangen? Schlechte Reputation wäre das, nicht wahr? Che onta!

Zeig mir ein Link, ich habe bis jezt keinen gesehen...
Und du musst nicht unbedigt versuchen mich zu reizen, mit deinen Mitternachts-Sarkasmus, das bin ich schon.

Uh, guys, can we try NOT to have a flame war in german? I can understand a little of what is being said, and you could both get into trouble if a Moderator sees this. Let's all be civil and follow the code of conduct.

I am already in trouble...:lol:

@Monaldinio and Everyone

First of all if anything is "plundered" it would be in the download section under unit graphics, not mods. Unit graphics when posted are for the community, that's why they were posted there.

Second, much of what I want to do is different from existing space mods. If there are any ideas, they would be taken from non-mods like the real MOO, SMAC, Outpost, or other separate science fiction games. However there are some good ideas in Final Frontier mod that came with Civ4 too.

Lastly the Galactic Era is still in the planning stage. All we have really so far is a rudimentary tech tree and some brainstorming lists. The main hold up is the Spacepedia, which since Civ_Fuhrer is apparently inactive and not planning to help any time soon. If any modders wish to take over where he left off I would happily try to explain what needs to be done so the Cosmos part of Caveman 2 Cosmos can actually exist.

EDIT: I don't spear German so I have no idea what was said in those other posts.

EDIT2: After some google translate I can now respond ...

How would you react if you were suddenly read something. Exploit your ideas.

I apologize for any our enthusiastic fans. They love RoM, AND and now C2C and just want this mod to be the best. As a rule we give credit as best we can when taking stuff from other mods. Much of what is put in is a mixture of the best of other mods with the newest stuff our modders are creating.

In short if I suddenly read that someone on the forum was using our ideas of mods I would first be flattered they even wanted to use my ideas. Second I would ask them to give me credit for them, and 3rd I would probably ask them if they wanted to join C2C. Maybe save them time since we already are standing on the shoulders of giants (Zappra, Afforess and all other mods we built on).

I hope you understand.

@Monaldino: I am not sure what you want.

Some users of our mod were suggesting to us that you had some good ideas and if that might not be something to add to this mod.
Nothing got added yet. The era is still in the drawing board stage and likely will be completely different.

So let me ask you: What is the problem?

Top Bottom