Audio Quotes

I'm no expert on military matters and have never served in any country's armed forces, let alone the US's, but I thought the United States Marine Corps were considered a totally seperate branch of the military altogether, forming the Pentagon (in both senses) with the Army, Air Force, Coast Guard and Navy. It's probably the case in other nations militaries, though.

I'm no expert on military matters and have never served in any country's armed forces, let alone the US's, but I thought the United States Marine Corps were considered a totally seperate branch of the military altogether, forming the Pentagon (in both senses) with the Army, Air Force, Coast Guard and Navy. It's probably the case in other nations militaries, though.

I believe you are right. I'm Canadian but I used to listen to a podcast of a marine and an ex-marine. They are separate from the army and navy, as they like to mock the army and their shoddy training.

Well, they are kind of separate, and kind of not. I'm not in the military either, but I was close friends with a man who Navigated bombers. From what I understand, the Navy and Marines have different command structures, but the Marines are at least nominally under the Navy's jurisdiction as the Marines' paychecks are all issued by the Department of the Navy. Or at least, they used to be. One of my friend's favorite 'jokes' was: "How do you annoy a Marine? Ask him who signs his paycheck." Not that I'd ever want to annoy a Marine... ;)

Yep, true. The Coast Guard is largely a law enforcement, border control and search and rescue entity but does have a potential for playing a more militaristic role if needbe. We just haven't had much cause for them to play such a role in US history yet. (A little in Hawaii is all...) And they are a distinct branch of the service, yes.

You know when you give a unit a command or select a unit you get the audio response. In most cases they reply in the civs language or something similar (not sure) also civs like america have there own accent - I think Canadain units do too. I would really like to see the Maori civ have NZ accent and of course I hate the english accent for Australia.

Also is it possible to change the opening song for Australia, the current one is the England song.

the HRE unit sounds are something like dutch and then something i am totally unknown with probably it uses Diets (the precurser of Dutch and German) but i am somewhat of a linguist and i should be able to even recognise Diets but basicly with the HRE i can only play like 2 hours at most because of it's sounds rofl (also because my attention slips slightly)

I'm not sure I can do much lower. I don't really have that low a voice and I've never been formally trained how to sing or voice act. All of my experience simply comes from my Youtube show I've been doing for just over 2 years. I have a ton of experience talking to an audience and talking into a microphone, but no serious voice work.

Again, I'd love to do voice work for the game as I love the game and I have fun doing the clips, but I'm not what you are looking for it's cool, I don't mind if you turn me down. If I'm not what you are looking for, then I'm not what you are looking for. If you do want me to keep trying though, I gladly will.

I am happy to help finding and adding quotes. Never done this, but I have a feeling I know how it would be done. Just let me know how I can help.

I just recorded a file for the Insurance quote listed above. Give it a listen to and let me know if you want more. As this is my first attempt at this, constructive criticism is welcomed.

Attachments

• Insurance.7z
    113.8 KB · Views: 42
@MagnusIlluminus

That sounds awesome! I hope StrategyOnly approves.

OK now we are getting someplace, just make sure you "accent" on certain words, like Leonard Nimoy does. this is a good 1st one though.:)

Top Bottom