Orbital Buildings

Bloah, that sounds like it would be beyond my abilities. I'll have to be more careful about new stuff in the future, because I thought the building eval AI was much simpler, and I certainly don't want to give you more work.

It shouldn't be too hard. Once we have some games that actually get that far I can make the necessary AI updates for you.

@ls612

Huh? I thought you wanted me to put the code on Commercial Satellite, Military Satellite and Solar Power Satellite? Now you want them removed?

No, I was saying they would be good candidates for the first buildings for those. Remember, if they are orbital they will do NOTHING now, because there are no Orbital Infrastructure.

@Hydro:

Here are the first Orbital Buildings and Changed buildings. Could you please do these?

NEW BUILDINGS:

Commercial Spaceport:

Cost: 2800
Required Bonuses: Nanotubes AND (Oil Products OR Biofuel)
Required Tech: Commercial Spaceflight
Required Buildings: Commercial Airport

- Is Orbital Infrastructure
- +5 :gold:
- -1 :espionage:
- +25% Trade Route Income

Military Spaceport:

Cost: 3000
Required Tech: Military Robotics AND Micromechanics
Required Buildings: Military Airbase

- -5 :gold:
- +10 :espionage:
- +3 Free XP to Air units

Orbital Labs:

Required Bonuses: Nanotubes AND Computers AND (Oil Products OR Biofuel)
Required Tech: Commercial Spaceflight AND Asteroid Belt Probes
Required Buildings: None

- Is Orbital
- -10 :gold:
- +2 :science:

Propaganda Satellites:

Cost: 3500
Required Tech: Affective Algorithms AND Commercial Spaceflight
Required Civic: Fascism OR State Church OR People’s Republic OR Technocracy
Required Buildings: Propaganda Office

- Is Orbital
- +1 :espionage:
- Reduces Revolt Risk
- +3 Happiness

Zero-G Medical Lab:

Cost: 3200
Required Bonuses: Computers AND Aluminum AND (Oil Products OR Biofuel)
Required Tech: Genesis Biology AND Commercial Spaceflight
Required Buildings: Medical Center

- Is Orbital
- -15 :gold:
- +1 :science:
- +5 :health:

Changed Buildings:

Commercial Satellite:

Remove all old benefits
New Benefits:

- Is Orbital
- +1 :gold:

Military Satellite:

Remove all old benefits
New Benefits:

- Is Orbital
- +1 Free XP for All Units in City

@Hydro:

Here are the first Orbital Buildings and Changed buildings. Could you please do these?

NEW BUILDINGS:

Commercial Spaceport:

Cost: 2800
Required Tech: Commercial Spaceflight
Required Buildings: Commercial Airport

- +5 :gold:
- -1 :espionage:
- +25% Trade Route Income

Military Spaceport:

Required Tech: Military Robotics AND Micromechanics
Required Buildings: Military Airbase

- -5 :gold:
- +10 :espionage:
- +3 Free XP to Air units

Orbital Labs:

Required Tech: Commercial Spaceflight AND Asteroid Belt Probes
Required Buildings: None

- Is Orbital
- +2 :science:

Propaganda Satellites:

Cost: 3500
Required Tech: Affective Algorithms AND Commercial Spaceflight
Required Civic: Fascism OR State Church OR People’s Republic OR Technocracy
Required Buildings: Propaganda Office

- Is Orbital
- Reduces Revolt Risk
- +3 Happiness

Zero-G Medical Lab:

Cost: 3200
Required Bonuses: Computers AND Aluminum AND (Oil Products OR Biofuel)
Required Tech: Genesis Biology AND Commercial Spaceflight
Required Buildings: Medical Center

- Is Orbital
- -15 :gold:
- +1 :science:
- +5 :health:

Changed Buildings:

Commercial Satellite:

Remove all old benefits
New Benefits:

- Is Orbital
- +1 :gold:

Military Satellite:

Remove all old benefits
New Benefits:

- Is Orbital
- +1 Free XP for All Units in City

What does 'isOrbital' combined with 'reduces revolt risk' do? The orbital building code only interacts with commerces so far as I know...? (so the revolt risk stuff is just the same as any ordinary buildings
)​

What does 'isOrbital' combined with 'reduces revolt risk' do? The orbital building code only interacts with commerces so far as I know...? (so the revolt risk stuff is just the same as any ordinary buildings
)​

Yes, the only things that are affected are nonzero commerce changes, with the exception of Negative gold, which I handled correctly for maintenance. It will get expanded in it's function, but not yet.​

Ive always wondered why the all these costs get rolled into maintenance. Last game I was in (admitted, older version, maybe different now) I had almost every city at such low maintenance multipliers that I just spammed anything that did not increase the multiplier. Also arent those costs kind of low for the era they are in? I may have misunderstood but if they become more powerful the more cities you have, the benefit to them seems abit too high given their low costs.

@ls612

I find it funny that I tell you what units to make and you are not telling me what buildings to make. Talk about team work.

Overall these look find but some issues ...

Orbital Labs
We have a Space Laboratory national wonder at Satellites. It is enabled by the International Space Station world project. How is this different from that.

Also have you considered what to do about the other Orbital things like ...

- Hubble Telescope [WP]
- Interstellar Speedway [NW]
- Orbital Factory
- Orbital Hotel [NW]
- SDI [WP]
- Zero G Sports Arena

Commercial Spaceport and Military Spaceport
What about the Areospacial National Agency national wonder (aka NASA)? How's that fit in with those?

Also when you say "Is Orbital" that means it needs both bOrbital and bOrbitalInfrastructure tags right?

Are these national wonders are regular buildings? Because Commercial Satellite and Military Satellite are National Wonders.

@ls612

I find it funny that I tell you what units to make and you are not telling me what buildings to make. Talk about team work.

Overall these look find but some issues ...

Orbital Labs
We have a Space Laboratory national wonder at Satellites. It is enabled by the International Space Station world project. How is this different from that.

Also have you considered what to do about the other Orbital things like ...

- Hubble Telescope [WP]
- Interstellar Speedway [NW]
- Orbital Factory
- Orbital Hotel [NW]
- SDI [WP]
- Zero G Sports Arena

Commercial Spaceport and Military Spaceport
What about the Areospacial National Agency national wonder (aka NASA)? How's that fit in with those?

Also when you say "Is Orbital" that means it needs both bOrbital and bOrbitalInfrastructure tags right?

Are these national wonders are regular buildings? Because Commercial Satellite and Military Satellite are National Wonders.

1. Wait, do you not want me to ask you to make buildings?

2. Orbital Labs do sound like Space Labs. Perhaps you could make Orbital Labs, and the Space Lab could be repurposed as a prereq for Solar System colonization or something.

3. I'm not touching those other buildings for now because I'll have to expand the functionality of the Orbital tag for it to be applicable to them.

4. No, is orbital only means that bOrbital is on. bOrbitalInfrastructure influences how much commerce Orbital buildings give.

5. I don't think the Military and Comm satellites should be NWs anymore, they aren't IRL.

1. No, no. I will do it. I am just saying that we help each other. That's all.

2. So any ideas? Note that the Space Lab need the the international space station.

3. Ok.

4. So I don't need to put bOrbitalInfrastructure on any of the buildings?

5. Well most of the existing Orbital building are national wonders. That's why I was asking. The reason they are is their old stats would give benefits to all cities. Thus if you had more than one then it would exponentially become more and more powerful. And thus unbalanced.

1. No, no. I will do it. I am just saying that we help each other. That's all.

2. So any ideas? Note that the Space Lab need the the international space station.

3. Ok.

4. So I don't need to put bOrbitalInfrastructure on any of the buildings?

5. Well most of the existing Orbital building are national wonders. That's why I was asking. The reason they are is their old stats would give benefits to all cities. Thus if you had more than one then it would exponentially become more and more powerful. And thus unbalanced.

2. You could just leave it alone until we get Multiple Maps.

4. No, bOrbitalInfrastructure is for the Spaceports (which are new).

5. OK now I understand their previous implementation better. With my new suggested stats they should be normal buildings with those new stats. Also, NASA should get bOrbitalInfrastructure, in addition to the two Spaceports.

Which schema files have the Orbital tag in place? One of the wonders on my to-do list is Zurich-Orbital (a corporate space station that functions as an ultra-secure bank and data haven). I would really like to be able to use the Orbital mechanics with this.

One change I would like to suggest to just about all orbital buildings: make them require Hydrogen
There is no way you are getting the materials for huge stuctures into orbit with biofuel or petrol rockets. You would still use those for positional thrusters probably, so their requirement should stay.
Furthermore could the Hydrogen requirement get an OR "Orbital Elevator" ? No need to build a rocket if you got a shiny orbital elevator. But I have no idea if the AND ( X OR Y) can handle a mix of resource X and building Y.

Which schema files have the Orbital tag in place? One of the wonders on my to-do list is Zurich-Orbital (a corporate space station that functions as an ultra-secure bank and data haven). I would really like to be able to use the Orbital mechanics with this.

It is only in the Core Schema. What stats would this have?

One change I would like to suggest to just about all orbital buildings: make them require Hydrogen
There is no way you are getting the materials for huge stuctures into orbit with biofuel or petrol rockets. You would still use those for positional thrusters probably, so their requirement should stay.
Furthermore could the Hydrogen requirement get an OR "Orbital Elevator" ? No need to build a rocket if you got a shiny orbital elevator. But I have no idea if the AND ( X OR Y) can handle a mix of resource X and building Y.

OK, I didn't know we had Hydrogen as a resource, otherwise I'd have required it (for Fusion if nothing else). If we do have it then replace all references to Oil Products OR Biofuel with Hydrogen.

OK, I didn't know we had Hydrogen as a resource, otherwise I'd have required it (for Fusion if nothing else). If we do have it then replace all references to Oil Products OR Biofuel with Hydrogen.
I don´t think you should replace the mall. I am not sure, but I think postional thrusters on the actual satelites still use more conventional fuels, for cost efficency. ( will look it up :D )

Top Bottom