Inaccuracies (historical, scientific, logic...)

Well, if you ask me, the "requiring two resources for plants" system is arbitrary and problematic.
It ignores natural habitats, and cultivated terrains or cultivatable climates of plants in the real world many times. Also, requiring two vicinity resources makes it nearly impossible to build them. The possibility is simply too low compared to the real world. Also, terrains/features where the resources can be placed in the game map were not considered for choosing required resources, so sometimes it may be impossible to build some buildings. Your determination on "not overlapping" was not helpful for this matter, either.

It may be better if they require some terrains or features, instead of one of the two resources.

my thought on the grains issue is simple. 3 only type of grains on map corn, grains, and rice corn would be drier areas, and rice wet areas. grain though is simple and certain links can decide what types of grain gathers you can find. southern hemisphere mountain near city can form quinoa gatherer. northern hemisphere tundra near can build rye gatherer. would make it a little more realistic

The Gateway Arch is available to build in late Renaissance. It was built in the 1960s - out of steel... Is the wonder meant to represent some other gateway arch?:confused::scan:

Its at Nationalism tech. Where do you think it should go? Civil Engineering maybe?

"I dislike haggling. Agreed.":D

But seriously, I don't know much about the Modern tech tree. Anywhere after Steel would be fine with me. Civil Eng sounds better than most. I also wondered about say Modern or Pop Art or something, since its design is gratuitously 'modernist' or whatever.

ETA: While on the topic of Nationalism, is anything being done with Frederick Barbarossa? Suggest Armour Crafting, Charters or Heraldry (not sure if his strength will have to be reduced). Also the same applies to Constantine XI Palaiologos. He does not belong in the 18th century, three centuries after the end of his civ;).

The Football, Rugby and Cricket fields are way too early (Team Sports iirc). Purpose-built facilities for these sports came in the 19th century at least, and probably the second half of that century (so that's second half of Industrial era).

One sport that certainly is Renaissance (albeit certainly not a team sport) and had purpose-built/adapted courts is "royal" tennis, although it may not be worth including if only the high nobility ever got to play (or it could be buildable if your civics are sufficiently aristocrat-oriented).

Cricket was popular in the late Renaissance but had no built facilities you just used a sheep wicket or tree stump. Same goes for "village football". Darts and other throwing games may have had more permanent set ups.

Shouldn't Microbiology require, ya know, basic Biology?

Currently it requires Scientific Method and Battlefield Medicine.

Biology actually requires Microbiology to be researched first... this feels horribly backwards to me...

It feels like the two techs are flipped in their placement and requirements.

I think it's somewhat weird that flood plain on salt flat gives 2:food:.
2:food: from tiles means that farm and cottage line can be built on them. But plants, especially grain crops can't grow well on soils that contain salts and people can't live on salty soils in reality.
Maybe Flood plain should not be able to be placed on salt flat.

in the same direction, I don't think Desert camps should provide food. where is it from? A Commerce Bonus for Trade is ok, but Food seems weird and makes Deserts too strong.

Actually, there are several kinds of desert plants, including several varieties of cacti, that can be eaten once you get past the thorns. Also there are small mammals, birds, and reptiles that are edible.

in the same direction, I don't think Desert camps should provide food. where is it from? A Commerce Bonus for Trade is ok, but Food seems weird and makes Deserts too strong.

As I only play on standard map sizes - I treat the base terrain as the predominate one (over 50%) not that the whole tile has that terrain. I am using that approach in my changes to the SEM map. So food that can not grow in desert, can be on a desert tile. The edges of the tile may not be desert. :)

In SEM 1 tile is about 150 - 200 or more square miles.

Why does Creative Constructions use Bauxite as a resource? Its not a building material in its raw form, and really doesn't jive with the other "decorative building materials" like marble, stone and copper themed for CC. It should go with Mining Inc, IMHO, just like mining coal or other raw materials is that corp's raison d'eter.

The upswing of that change is that they you could have CC and Aluminum Co in the same city, like in Vanilla, but not MI. It just seems weird that AC and CC compete over something like bauxite.

Another Idea I had (more of a stretch) is that Aluminum Co could also refine titanium (Alcoa in the RW has been making titanium ingots since 1968), so add titanium as a resource to broaden AC's resource profile to Coal, Bauxite and Titanium.

Why does Creative Constructions use Bauxite as a resource? Its not a building material in its raw form, and really doesn't jive with the other "decorative building materials" like marble, stone and copper themed for CC. It should go with Mining Inc, IMHO, just like mining coal or other raw materials is that corp's raison d'eter.

The upswing of that change is that they you could have CC and Aluminum Co in the same city, like in Vanilla, but not MI. It just seems weird that AC and CC compete over something like bauxite.

Another Idea I had (more of a stretch) is that Aluminum Co could also refine titanium (Alcoa in the RW has been making titanium ingots since 1968), so add titanium as a resource to broaden AC's resource profile to Coal, Bauxite and Titanium.
We could certainly use a 'Corporations Guy' on the team.

We could certainly use a 'Corporations Guy' on the team.

Did I just walk into a job interview?

Tell you what, School is done in a week, I have 2 weeks of classes I'm taking after that, but by July I will probably have some time to be that Corporations Guy if no one else is biting. Be forewarned, My xml and coding skills are limited to copy and paste.

Did I just walk into a job interview?

Tell you what, School is done in a week, I have 2 weeks of classes I'm taking after that, but by July I will probably have some time to be that Corporations Guy if no one else is biting. Be forewarned, My xml and coding skills are limited to copy and paste.

Meh... the skills to learn xml in greater depth is truly simplistic. The main thing would be spreadsheeting what we have then showing there the plans for adjustment. Rwn can help with initial generation of the spreadsheets to capture the xml data we've got on corporations.

What we're really needing is for our corporations to interface better with the many new and manufactured resources of C2C. Also sorting some things out like what you mentioned. Additionally, I've had some ideas for tweaking the system and if you have some as well, we should discuss these in greater detail.

I know one thing I'd LIKE to do is make it more possible for corps to directly compete for resources within the same location. I've got some steps to take before that can be done and those steps are planned for almost immediately following release anyhow so this might be good timing to start considering this stuff.

Feel free to start a new thread when you're calender clears up if you want to hop onto the project at that time.

Meh... the skills to learn xml in greater depth is truly simplistic. The main thing would be spreadsheeting what we have then showing there the plans for adjustment. Rwn can help with initial generation of the spreadsheets to capture the xml data we've got on corporations.

What we're really needing is for our corporations to interface better with the many new and manufactured resources of C2C. Also sorting some things out like what you mentioned. Additionally, I've had some ideas for tweaking the system and if you have some as well, we should discuss these in greater detail.Is there a complete list of all resources in spreadsheet form somewhere? If not, I can start compiling one soon

I know one thing I'd LIKE to do is make it more possible for corps to directly compete for resources within the same location. I've got some steps to take before that can be done and those steps are planned for almost immediately following release anyhow so this might be good timing to start considering this stuff.No sure exactly what you mean by this. I understand it to mean, for example, that Aluminum Co and Mining Inc, who traditionally compete and are, therefore, mutually exclusive, could be in the same city, but would split the coal and bauxite resources between them somehow. Along those lines?

A related Idea I had was one of corporate synergies; Think of fast food corps working with a food processing corp, or mining and shipping companies cooperating. Plenty of examples of that in the RW

Feel free to start a new thread when you're calender clears up if you want to hop onto the project at that time.
Already done

No sure exactly what you mean by this. I understand it to mean, for example, that Aluminum Co and Mining Inc, who traditionally compete and are, therefore, mutually exclusive, could be in the same city, but would split the coal and bauxite resources between them somehow. Along those lines?

A related Idea I had was one of corporate synergies; Think of fast food corps working with a food processing corp, or mining and shipping companies cooperating. Plenty of examples of that in the RW
1) exactly
2) Interesting... how would you see that working mathematically?

@TB.

Neat, Looks like we both didn't read one another's posts. We're even. I'll comment what you posted there over the weekend, now I gotta get my beauty rest.

Is there a complete list of all resources in spreadsheet form somewhere? If not, I can start compiling one soon

Look here. I have also the full resource table (all tags for each entry) somewhere if you need it.

Feel free to ask if you need a list built from xml files (like list of all corporation buildings with all tags, list of corporations with resources used...) rather than doing it manually.

Top Bottom