Unit Buttons Standardization

Can you check out the Roman General , i tried alot of different kfm's and none worked.
The nif must be messed up or something, because ingame it shows 2 swords, and the figure has stretched out arms, meaning the kfm is wrong, but again i tried like 5 different ones and nothing worked?? thx.

Can you check out the Roman General , i tried alot of different kfm's and none worked.
The nif must be messed up or something, because ingame it shows 2 swords, and the figure has stretched out arms, meaning the kfm is wrong, but again i tried like 5 different ones and nothing worked?? thx.

He is in modmod skins pack?

Hehe I could guest :D
Anyway, animation was fixed. He is using Praetorian animations.

I tried that and it didnt work?? How did you get it to work?? nvrmd, when i tried it before i didnt clear my darn cache, so it didnt work, now it does thx,, DUH!!:blush:;)

Just started a new game and I have to say, these new buttons look really great :goodjob:

Also a big thank you for Whisperr, some buildings icons I can identify for the first time now :goodjob:

Currently Im out from c2c works for 3-4 days and after im back then I start working on unit categories buttons. Meantime ill try to make new skins for trained dog and cat units.

After that Ill take promotions icons and a workshop and try to revamp them.

Yes great work Sparth on the buttons.

I just have one or two problems with them.

Firstly, I don't like your new "edgy" Trained Cats button.

More importantly, there is a problem (I feel) with the Carrack and to a lesser extent the East Indiaman. The combination of flag and ship makes it very hard imo to tell what it is being depicted at all.

More importantly, there is a problem (I feel) with the Carrack and to a lesser extent the East Indiaman. The combination of flag and ship makes it very hard imo to tell what it is being depicted at all.

Yea I dont like this too :(
Idea to add culture flag to background is ok and works on most of units but on some of them (ships, mounted units, vehicles) its look bad. I tried different approaches and always effect was not ideal. Maybe something similar to merchant units with flag placed in top-left corner?

As for the cats - I can try with different background.

again new buttons for all animals
I hope everything will be ok now

If you are doing new animal buttons we also need distinct buttons for each animal for
- subdued (we can get away with out one of these since the context is enough)
- tamed
- myth building
- story building
- stories pseudo national wonder​

Making all those extra icons is one of the things that make releasing a new animal so time consuming.

I have one question:
- do we use existing design for these buttons?

And attaching blank category button for TB

Attachments

• blank_category.zip
    35.3 KB · Views: 54
I have one question:
- do we use existing design for these buttons?

It depends what is easier. The story/stories ones were what I was able to cobble together from the animal button and the education icon. The tamed animal ones were based on the whip that the tamer wields in the animation.

On those buttons you submitted to the SVN would you mind if i just do a replacement for the buttons that are already there, that way i think that these will work then??

Sure, in the end when Ill start making cleaning in buttons then I skip them.

BTW I started today creating first (african) batch of Ethnic buttons.
Soon I post them in modmod section.

Top Bottom