MAFS becomeing a issue, game getting too big?

crazyewok

Warlord
Never had this issue on the version 20-30 games on my old 2010 laptop

But just game back to the game on my brand new alien ware laptop MAFs are becoming more and more frequent.

I know Il get the "play smaller maps". But I dont want to be stuck play pokey tiny maps. I like my epic scale games on giant maps that I got in the version 20-30 C2C.

I think there needs to be a cycle now of optimization rather than adding new things.

Just my input.

So thats why we should release v35 ASAP

Its not a slight at the modder work here.

Quite the opposite the skill and dedication is the highest iv seen and wish I was in a position to add my own time to help develop.

But obviously there is a limit to the game engine no matter how skilled you are. But hopefully V35 has brought some more time.

The game is running fast enough to get my wife to complain that she doesn't have ENOUGH time between turns right now.

Stability should be MUCH improved. Not to say we haven't seen crashes lately but there's only one I haven't been able to figure out and I've not seen more than one game report it. (Oh there was a graphic error that may still need resolving but I think it's been fixed - just need to go in and prove it at this point.)

This version is amazingly better than the last but admittedly there are still numerous things to continue to work on and address. I do want to see a release here soon yes but I know DH has a few last minute things he wants to get done and there appears to a few little tweaks I'm looking into though I don't think they're terribly critical enough to delay release further.

There also might be a few units that will go un-fully audited by release at this point since I'm not in a position to mod as much as usual at the moment.

I have to change every unit that has outcomes, so that is all the subdued animals, entertainer and freight lines, and great people. Given what is happening in RL it is not likely that I will get to it.

Top Bottom