[Stupid questions] How to change civilization in-game?

alpha2929

Chieftain
Hey,

During latest update to SVN (previous update was in mart, I believe) and asset update I got warning about non-existing in-game civilization (Pirate Empire, which I have been played as) followed by changing it to Arabia.
I'm not so pleased with this change.
Can I change my current civ (Arabia) to something from list of available civs without creation of new game?

Hey,

During latest update to SVN (previous update was in mart, I believe) and asset update I got warning about non-existing in-game civilization (Pirate Empire, which I have been played as) followed by changing it to Arabia.
I'm not so pleased with this change.
Can I change my current civ (Arabia) to something from list of available civs without creation of new game?

Simple answer, NO. Currently C2C will have NO Custom Civ's. And if you still want to play as Pirate Civ, in your game, you need to UNDO the changes you made through the SVN or revert back to before then.

Simple answer, NO. Currently C2C will have NO Custom Civ's. And if you still want to play as Pirate Civ, in your game, you need to UNDO the changes you made through the SVN or revert back to before then.

So, currently there is no way to modify my save and change player civ from Arabian to, say, Spain (via World Builder/game console/some xml settings)?
If so, I'll try to delete Arabian from assets and see what happens then.
Unfortunately, reverting changes does not look for me as option because of huge performance improvements (before I got CTD every 1-2 turns, now I have been able to play 6 turns without crashes) -- well done!

There's probably some interesting stuff you can do in world builder along those lines but the map guys would have to chime in to explain all that.

To keep playing as Pirates, you can keep a copy of that Custom Civ and copy it back in (and probably the relevant modular loading control) every time you update your SVN...

I've still got all my custom civs...

To keep playing as Pirates, you can keep a copy of that Custom Civ and copy it back in (and probably the relevant modular loading control) every time you update your SVN...

I've still got all my custom civs...

Yeah, that is what I did at last.
But I believe there was strong reason for strategyonly to remove custom civs from C2C...

Yeah, that is what I did at last.
But I believe there was strong reason for strategyonly to remove custom civs from C2C...

Yes performance issues. Overloaded graphics causing MAFs.

JosEPh

There's probably some interesting stuff you can do in world builder along those lines but the map guys would have to chime in to explain all that.

I'm no map guy, but I've changed civilisations before, and even game options, using world builder. The way I used was to open world builder and save the map as a scenario.

Then, restart the game and play the scenario. You get the option to pick your civilisation, and change some other things. Before BUG it was the way to change difficulty level. The problem is saving as a scenario can mess things up, a notable example being great commanders revert to being great generals and you have to activate the thing again to turn them into commanders (they keep their XP). Improvements halfway through upgrading reset their timers too I think, villages -> towns and things like that.

Top Bottom