End of Empires - N3S III

Wow! Perhaps either technology level or government type should be added, probably government type. Quality of living is,in my opinion, totally superflous at the equivalent of about 800 B.C.

I will not continue within this thread. Not enough time to do it justice and Thlayli has pipped me to the post with regards the only nation that interested me.

North King, so are we going to use the stats you proposed? I myself am fine with them. I do need to know how much different variations of war elephant cost. Once I can get stats on me and all of those involved in the war I can finally start my detailed planning.

Wait, lemme rephrase the question. I just realized it's ambiguous. Are stats going to be used this turn or are we going start using them next turn

I think keeping the stats as simple as possible will be the best. In the long run it will make things smoother and as we progress deeper into the Iron Age more stats can be added so it will sorta be like we are developing.

Now I think about it, Justo has a point. Income is good, but having Manpower might turn wars into anachronistic wars of attrition.

I'm not sure how you work that one out. Manpower forces people to conserve men, because they can't go on recruiting forever -- thus stopping stupid attrition. At least, that's how I envision it.

That is a good point. Maybe we should keep it, then.

The way I see it is this.

All countries are only just starting to get into the Iron Age. Some will get into it more than others.

The ones more entrenched in the Iron Age could possibly have a Political Stat or something as they would be more likely to have various Political Groups etc. But the nations that are behind wont have this stat. They can essentially be seen as barbaric or something or not organized enough to have this.

As far as a tech stat is concerned I don't really think its needed. Techs imo shouldn't be researchable the mod should control this and all nations will progress as he sees fit depending on geo graphical need etc. For example I'm trying to mold Ferman into a naval power although it's probably not working :p I would expect to one day possibly have better ships than the standard while other nations might move more into agriculture, Metal Forging etc.

The only stat I can think of that might be worth bringing in is a discription of the army and makeup. For example for Ferman instead of having like 1000 Spearman, 500 Archers it would be something like this.

2000 Men (Majority equipped with wooden spears with minimal armour, Small supporting contingents of archers and skirmishers, No mounted ability, Limited supply ability mainly relying on pillaging, no official training as men are called up in times of need).

So the stat would be. Number of men(Description of Melee troops, Description of Ranged troops, Description of Mounted troops, Destription of Supply ability, Description of Training)

I think this would be good to have since then each nation can mold their army and navy into what they think is best and since in ancient times armies were generally levied not professional the training stat can essentially determine whether the nation has a professional or levied army.

Anyway I don't think we even really need to have a military stat just slowly develop some countries ahead of others with extra stats and keep the rest with limited stats.

I haven't really read this post through and I typed it at work quite quickly so if it doesn't make sense I claim insanity. :p

As far as a tech stat is concerned I don't really think its needed. Techs imo shouldn't be researchable the mod should control this and all nations will progress as he sees fit depending on geo graphical need etc. For example I'm trying to mold Ferman into a naval power although it's probably not working :p I would expect to one day possibly have better ships than the standard while other nations might move more into agriculture, Metal Forging etc.

It wouldn't note individual techs, just the era.

The only stat I can think of that might be worth bringing in is a discription of the army and makeup. For example for Ferman instead of having like 1000 Spearman, 500 Archers it would be something like this.

2000 Men (Majority equipped with wooden spears with minimal armour, Small supporting contingents of archers and skirmishers, No mounted ability, Limited supply ability mainly relying on pillaging, no official training as men are called up in times of need).

So the stat would be. Number of men(Description of Melee troops, Description of Ranged troops, Description of Mounted troops, Destription of Supply ability, Description of Training)

I think this would be good to have since then each nation can mold their army and navy into what they think is best and since in ancient times armies were generally levied not professional the training stat can essentially determine whether the nation has a professional or levied army.

That would be a little too wordy for my tastes. I think what we have is pretty good for distinctions; it separates out the levies from the professionals, and distinguishes troop types. You can spend more on the other stuff and I will take that into account.

@ JK We also need to input into this diplomacy that we would like our former capital and all of the nearby land (not all of my former territory) to be put into our total control.

I do think a government tab would be helpful, the Seshweay are the first Republicans, and from memory the only other similarly governed people are the Farou probably the only people aside from the Arkage/Janians who the Seshweay are going to deal with terribly well ;)

I do think a government tab would be helpful, the Seshweay are the first Republicans, and from memory the only other similarly governed people are the Farou probably the only people aside from the Arkage/Janians who the Seshweay are going to deal with terribly well ;)

If I remember correctly, the Duroc are also a Republic.

How long are the turns going to be? I'll work with whatever stats you choose. Will you have a format for orders?

Another fellow Republic!

Top Bottom