New Units, Coffins February 14, 2010

nick0515... Thanks for the kind words :)
The AI will use the Coffins and if given long range, the AI Loves them. I have them set up as Wonders and Improvements so they are Auto-Produced. Then the Coffins are Upgraded to Units that can use the Coffins as "AirDrops". The Coffins come up from the ground then after that animation, the Special Unit is there. The units that use the Coffins can be the same units that are in a game but have the ablity to use the Coffins for transportation. This is a simple matter of giving the units that use the Coffins a different name. Once the unit is transported, it is then the same as all other units that cannot use Coffins. The Reason I use Auto-Production is to control the numbers of these units because the AI would otherwise build Hordes of them :)

Because the AI CIVs will not use Land Transports, this is a Good way to provide fast transportation for them.

A Coffin is not desirable for many units because, well... it is a Coffin. Zombies and Horror units are probably the main units that "fit" their use.

Other Special Transports can be made and used such as a "Time Machine", Fantasy Orb, Tunneling Machine, etc... to provide a more generic transport that could be used for any unit. These "transports" could come up from the Ground, down from the Sky or Fade in as if materializing. I made a "Beam Transport" that can be used as a generic transport for any unit but there are many other possibilities :)

I haven't been in the mood since I had to attend a funeral recently, but now I'd like to say Good Work. You're always coming up with original and well done units, thanks!

Top Bottom